Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 26-11-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
The New PS3 Has Landed

As I indicated earlier in the Black Friday deals thread, I said was going to pick up a new PS3 assuming a decent value bundle came along. Well I forgot when I wrote my comments about my distaste for Sony's choices of what went into the bundle that I had an opportunity to get the 160GB bundle console for 20% off the normal $299 price that was good till the end of today.

Needless to say after remembering this, I ran out and picked up the 160GB Slim PlayStation 3 with NHL 11 and inFamous included for just $270 with all applicable taxes.

Needless to say, well worth it as I ended up getting this console for as good a deal as the one posted by SaintAvi yesterday and got two free games thrown in for free, both of which I plan to sell and use the money from their sales to buy something like Red Dead Redemption.
Old 26-11-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
congrats on getting a new console man
Old 27-11-2010   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Awesome, RDR is a good buy, check out Bad Company 2 and the new Need for speed,
both are heavily discounted stateside.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2010   #4
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Lucky! I decided to go buy one, only to find out all the bundles were sold out....

I asked Gamestop and the guy that knows me is like "oh dude we sold out of those within an hour, people were lining up" and laughed. Wasn't expecting it to be that big of a deal.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2010   #5
Staff
Congrats dude, if you haven't played inFAMOUS before though, give it a shot though.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2010   #6
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak View Post
Congrats dude, if you haven't played inFAMOUS before though, give it a shot though.
No problem there, I already owned a copy of inFamous (got it the first day it came out) and have finished the game twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Lucky! I decided to go buy one, only to find out all the bundles were sold out....

I asked Gamestop and the guy that knows me is like "oh dude we sold out of those within an hour, people were lining up" and laughed. Wasn't expecting it to be that big of a deal.
Wasn't an issue where I went, they had at least 2 more of the bundle I bought, 2-3 of the normal 160GB and 4-5 of the 320GB Move bundle. The only console that was sold out was the old 250GB model as the store I bought my console from was selling the 250GB for $250 to get rid of the stock. And I didn't even go first thing in the morning, I went around 1pm. Of course having 8-10 of these stores across the Ottawa area helps too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvi View Post
Awesome, RDR is a good buy, check out Bad Company 2 and the new Need for speed,
both are heavily discounted stateside.
Need for Speed is on the list, played the demo on 360 and it has more than enough to get me hooked and Battlefield Bad Company 2 will probably be a purchase as well as I've seen it for around $30 here in Canada (Need for Speed though only seems to be selling for the extortionate price of $69.99 up here).

Oh, and the great thing I realized after, since I still haven't sold the old broken console yet, the new console purchase means I have 5 working PS3 controllers and a 6th if I bother repairing it.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 27-11-2010 at 09:32 AM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2010   #7
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Welcome back X_racer!!!
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2010   #8
SuperStaff
Dont get me wrong the system only was in a lot of places, but when these bundles are floating around thats just a plain rip off. 299 with games, or 299 just for the console....yeah ill wait it out and see what other deals come along lol.
Old 28-11-2010   #9
SuperStaff
Just picked up a bundle on Amazon. Uncharted 2, Pixel Junk Shooters, and Karate Kid Blu Ray. should be here tomorrow.

Gonna flip both games and the movie to hopefully get 50 bucks back. It came with an auto 20 dollars off, plus another 25 dollars off a future purchase. So i only paid 270, no tax, so basically when all is said in done Ill pay 200 bucks for a new PS3.
Old 03-12-2010   #10
PCN Master
Well in even better news, it took quite a few months and I ended up getting less than originally planned, but I finally sold the old, broken 80GB console. Total profits on the sale, $80 CDN which will be going towards offsetting the cost of the new console and getting me a copy of Gran Turismo 5.
Old 04-12-2010   #11
SuperStaff
So these slims are having a 360 effect on them haha!

My friends slim's Blu ray drive just took a crap on him, luckily he got the extended warrenty. Thats something I suggest everyone does lol, its technology and by the time that 2 year warrenty runs its path from this point we will be hearing about PS4.

Then mine, brand new out of the box, is having issues running Black Ops. Honestly I think there is just something wrong with the game. It doesnt do this in any other instance, but playing Black Ops it like struggles to output to the TV flashing constantly and the disc getting loud. Its a brand new slim so i know its not that and it doesnt happen with any other game.