Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > Playstation 2 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 20-04-2007   #21
PCN Senior
That other $300 could be used for much better things than on xbox live like more games. Live is so over priced though i cant believe 6 million people signed up for it.
auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007   #22
PCN Addict
totally agree- and all the while, MS is laughing all the way to the bank. People don't seem to notice (i guess) when it's a slow drip out of their wallets, but if it's up front $600, they'd freak out.
Old 20-04-2007   #23
PCN Senior
if only more people would realise this.
but MS is still got $5.4 billion to get back before they start making a profit on the original xbox and 360 because they under priced by a lot to get a load of sales but it will catch up and bite them in the ass eventually.
Old 21-04-2007   #24
PCN Addict
wow! I had no idea it was that much of a loss for them!
Old 21-04-2007   #25
PCN Addict
Location: Colombia born...NEW YORK raised...but for now I stay in Texas
no wonder they charge for xboxlive

[url]www.myspace.com/camila23[/url][/FONT][/COLOR]
camila23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2007   #26
"The New Guy"
The problem I see with the PS3 is, along with the hefty price tag and lack of games, that it relies too hevily on third-party support. Sony's reacted to this and has begun to focus their efforts, but so far, the only really good game we've seen come out of that is Resistence. And it's not really that third party support is impossible to find, it's just Sony hasn't given them very much incentive for doing it. I mean, look at Xbox 360. Day One, it had 3 third party exclusive games in Call of Duty 2, Condemned Criminal Origins, and Quake 4. And a few months later, they would also have Dead or Alive 4 and numerous other titles. How many third party exclusives did PS3 have at launch? 2, and one of them was that horrble Gundam game. How many have they gotten since? Two, but Virtua Fighter 5 will be on 360 this summer. In the future? I've seen three Namco games, the Final Fantasy XIIIs (unofficially), and Afrika. Other than that, nothing. Sony needs to get their act together and get some third party exclusives if they want to stay in this race because we all know Sony's first-party stuff cannot carry a $600 console.
Sheik026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2007   #27
"The New Guy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by auron View Post
if only more people would realise this.
but MS is still got $5.4 billion to get back before they start making a profit on the original xbox and 360 because they under priced by a lot to get a load of sales but it will catch up and bite them in the ass eventually.
That's pocket change there. Microsoft has the resources to keep at he gaming biz until they make a profit.
Sheik026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007   #28
PCN Master
yeah...i do not know why you do not hear....much about how xbox live will eventually pass the ps3 price tag...
puggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007   #29
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
microsoft doesn't care if they lose that much considering the company is worth about 500 billion!!!!!!
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007   #30
PCN Senior
they dont care but they planned on getting a Microsoft computer into most living rooms has succeeded but i cant see another xbox.
Old 27-04-2007   #31
MOD
i honestly think that microsofts next gen is going to ruin sony
1.they have more money
2.they have the software
3.they have the development team
4.they have the people
Old 28-04-2007   #32
PCN Senior
They wont beat Nintendo though.
Old 28-04-2007   #33
"The New Guy"
1: Paying for Live is stupid. But since it works for Micro$oft, PC users will still fall into it as well way too soon. Kudos for Micro$oft for making money easily by offering a service that should be free!

2: Sony is loosing a lot more money on each PS3 than Microsoft is on each 360. To me, the best deal is when I buy something for way cheaper than it did cost to make it! So in that case, the PS3 is still a better deal. (Buy I have to admit that the 360 is likely the only other sweet deal you can buy for cheaper than cost of manufacturing right now... Wish I could afford both : )

3: Software wise, I'm not buying a console because there's 1000 games avalaible for it. I'm buying it for the few titles that I like. Could not afford all 1000 games anyway. Now, I bought the PS3 in part for Virtua Fighter. I rented the game before I bought it, and ended up not buying it! (Will likely buy it on Ebay, when it's a lot cheaper) On the other side, I fell in love with Motorstorm, when I played the demo, bought it and spent most of my time playing it. (Have only 4 games so far). So basically, like average players, I only buy maybe 3 to 5 games per year and quite often discover nice gems I was not expecting and ended up being not so happy with killer games. Look at your game library from your previous consoles. You didn't bought 1000 games no? As long as 3 to 5 great games come out every years, I'll be sooooo happy. Heck, what's cool is because I'm not paying for live, I can even afford one more game every year for free : ) So after 5 years, I'll have 5 more "free" games than any 360 owners.
Real Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007   #34
"The New Guy"
Okay, I dont know what you people are talking about.. PS3 IS getting its ass kicked hardcore... Wii sells more systems in a week then PS3 does for the whole month. Why do you think you can never find any wii's on the shelves at stores, but they usually have a PS3 kickin around some where.. Just face the facts, SONY IS GOING TO DIE OUT, Just like Sega, and Atari, It just wont beable to keep up in the race
JDawG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007   #35
PCN Senior
What is with all the negativety Nintendo will win but think in the long run Sony will come second because 360 sales fell 22% in the last 3 months, Wii sales fell 6% and PS3 sales rose 4% so just think before you speak on such negative levels. Atari fell because they had no good games and Sega fell because it didnt have enough games. The PS3 has enough games to keep it above water so calm down.
Old 05-05-2007   #36
MOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawG12 View Post
Okay, I dont know what you people are talking about.. PS3 IS getting its ass kicked hardcore... Wii sells more systems in a week then PS3 does for the whole month. Why do you think you can never find any wii's on the shelves at stores, but they usually have a PS3 kickin around some where.. Just face the facts, SONY IS GOING TO DIE OUT, Just like Sega, and Atari, It just wont beable to keep up in the race
great another 360 fan!!! sony is not going to die out. wii is fun but not next gen thats y it sold outt cause it is fun. the 360 was rushed which many units were faulty and ps3 ws delayed many times to fix the problems it had. so before u say sh!t, think about what ur saying B!TCH
Old 01-06-2007   #37
"The New Guy"
Remarks about Microsoft taking too long to make a profit on the Xbox division are utterly retarded.

Guess what guys? People think about business in the long term! That's right! You know Amazon.com, the most successful retailer on the Internet? It took them -eight years- to finally make a profit on that company.

Gee, imagine if all enterprises made microeconomic decisions based on short term yearly profits instead of long term investments: "It's over. Amazon is finished."

"Where's my choice of not paying $100 for goddamn wi-fi that *every* other system has by default"

Does *every* other system have a wifi adapter that is a/b/ and g compliant? Ever look up the cost of those? The last time I checked, they were about $75 for a name brand.

"At least Nintendo (and Sony now) are upfront about their pricing and standardized with their features."

Like a $500 console that you can't buy anymore?

"Microsoft's tactic is to cut out a bunch of stuff so they can lower the initial price and then sell you that same stuff later at incredibly ridiculous prices."

Yeah, you're right.

Sony didn't cut out legacy memory cards, only to sell you the transfer kit back at a ridiculous price, which you'll only need to use once.

They didn't cut out infrared, only to sell you a console specific bluetooth remote control for the ps3.
Talk about adding **** 100% of the owners didnt want or need.
Thanks sony, now in addition of my $250 universal harmony remote, I have to buy that piece of ****.

Sony didn't cut out the HDMI cable (TruHD, and composite cables?), only to try and sell you one back.
Which incidentally, I never knew sony made HDMI cables, until the ps3 came out.

Sony didn't cut out replaceable batteries for the sixaxis, only to sell you a new controller once the battery finally dies.

I guess nintendo didn't cut out a wired ethernet connection, only to sell the adapter to us.
(Which anyone who games online knows, a wired connection is much more reliable)

I could go on, but I won't.
Point being, they are all guilty of cutting stuff out, only to sell it back to us. For some reason, you just have a hatred for microsoft, when all three companies are guilty.
PS3SUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007   #38
PCN Senior
Lol. Infared isnt in the PS3 because its crap and u dont need the remote for it anyway u can use the controller and bluetooth is much more reliable anyway.
They cut out the memory card things cause they wanted as few things on the front as possible.I think they should have kept them on it atleast on the back anyway but still its not like buyin a $100 wifi adapter is it its alot cheaper than that.
Seriously buyin batteries every month cause they are dieng is a pain i did with a wireless PS2 controller and ended up spending alot of money on battereies instead of games or something more useful. Rechargeable batteries are good and u know it they will take ages to fully die and you save money in the long run.
Why would u buy a $250 remote thts expensive for just a remote.
Sony left HDMI cables out cause most ppl dont need them yet cause they dont have HD TV's.Again its cheaper than buyin a HD DVD drive for $200.
I play wireless gaming everyday and i get no lagg wat so ever so it doesnt matter and i dont want to have to set up my TV and everything next to my internet connection.Its called freedom.
Yes all companys cut stuff out but MS went the furthest:no HDD in all consoles, no wireless controllers in all packages,no wifi in any consoles,no HD DVD drive in the console,haveing to pay for LIVE.I could go on but i wouldnt want to offend youre 'perfect' White box of spherical crap.

Playstation3 Games:Resistance:Fall of Man,The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion,Ninja Gaiden Sigma,The Darkness,Enchanted Arms,GRAW2,RainbowSix:Vegas,Heavenly Sword,Warhawk(Retail),Folklore,Bladestorm,Nucleus.
Old 01-06-2007   #39
PCN Senior
Lol. Infared isnt in the PS3 because its crap and u dont need the remote for it anyway u can use the controller and bluetooth is much more reliable anyway.
They cut out the memory card things cause they wanted as few things on the front as possible.I think they should have kept them on it at least on the back anyway but still its not like buyin a $100 wifi adapter is it its alot cheaper than that.
Seriously buyin batteries every month cause they are dieng is a pain i did with a wireless PS2 controller and ended up spending alot of money on battereies instead of games or something more useful. Rechargeable batteries are good and u know it they will take ages to fully die and you save money in the long run.
Why would u buy a $250 remote thts expensive for just a remote.
Sony left HDMI cables out cause most ppl dont need them yet cause they dont have HD TV's.Again its cheaper than buyin a HD DVD drive for $200.
I play wireless gaming everyday and i get no lagg wat so ever so it doesnt matter and i dont want to have to set up my TV and everything next to my internet connection.Its called freedom.
Yes all companys cut stuff out but MS went the furthest:no HDD in all consoles, no wireless controllers in all packages,no wifi in any consoles,no HD DVD drive in the console,haveing to pay for LIVE.I could go on but i wouldnt want to offend youre 'perfect' White box of spherical crap.

Playstation3 Games:Resistance:Fall of Man,The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion,Ninja Gaiden Sigma,The Darkness,Enchanted Arms,GRAW2,RainbowSix:Vegas,Heavenly Sword,Warhawk(Retail),Folklore,Bladestorm,Nucleus.
Old 01-06-2007   #40
PCN Senior
Srry for double posting guys.accident.