Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Off Topic
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 10-03-2009   #1
The Creator
Site Admin
PSN ID: popiul99
How has the Economic crisis affected you?

So as we all know, the current economic crisis is affecting everyone, whether it's you shopping, your job, gas etc.

Tell us how it has affected your life?

For me, it has affected many things, cut back in hours at work due to restrained budgets and of course the website business! Various companies are cutting down costs to keep themselves alive, and of course they had to cut back in many areas; marketing being one of them!

Advertising has been cut down throughout the last few months and yep we can feel it around here.

Do you guys think that opening a company/business during the economic crisis is a good idea? Would you say that once things get back on track, those companies will have an upper hand?
Old 10-03-2009   #2
PCN Member
opening a business right now is one of the methods that some individuals whom cannot find employment undertake in order to survive and feed their family...of course the ones that survive will be stronger comming out
Frappoccino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #3
PCN Member
PSN ID: snakes_pit
I have 3 jobs, I work at a restaurant, I do Loss Prevention and Construction. For the first 2 I work maybe 3 hours every 2 weeks due to budget restraints, but for construction I have no trouble finding hours.

Opening a business right now... hmm. Wouldn't have trouble finding employees, that's for sure. Depends what the business is I guess, some things seem to be doing great.

Last edited by Snakepit; 11-03-2009 at 02:17 AM..
Snakepit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #4
The Creator
Site Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frappoccino View Post
opening a business right now is one of the methods that some individuals whom cannot find employment undertake in order to survive and feed their family...of course the ones that survive will be stronger comming out
Entirely agree with you... the weak will fall and the strongest will come out stronger than ever afterwards
Old 11-03-2009   #5
The Creator
Site Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakepit View Post
I have 3 jobs, I work at a restaurant, I do Loss Prevention and Construction. For the first 2 I work maybe 3 hours every 2 weeks due to budget restraints, but for construction I have no trouble finding hours.

Opening a business right now... hmm. Wouldn't have trouble finding employees, that's for sure. Depends what the business is I guess, some things seem to be doing great.
Has the construction industry been affected severely?

Yeah it all depends on the business, but any retail/service business isn't doing great these days... People don't spend money anymore.
Old 11-03-2009   #6
PCN Member
PSN ID: snakes_pit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal View Post
Has the construction industry been affected severely?

Yeah it all depends on the business, but any retail/service business isn't doing great these days... People don't spend money anymore.
Well in general, it has been affected pretty bad. Trades have been really big in Alberta, so it got hit pretty hard. I work for a pretty small company with about 5 other employees so I'm fine. It's one of those family businesses and I'm a family friend so I'm fine. At least for another year until we'll be done this one project.

Welding and fabrication was affected pretty bad. Demand was up so much for welders, they'd be getting payed about $80 an hour. So they had all plenty of people going into it to fill the demand, when this economic crisis hit. So you had all these guys just out of school who just spent all their money on equipment and a work truck, and bam, suddenly there's no work for them. I know one guy that has to to weld scraps together and sell as art. Takes about 40 hours of work and makes about $20 off it.
Snakepit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #7
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
Gas isn't as much as pain seeing as how it's gone down, but yeah, having to get gas sucks. :/ Don't go out as much and having to limit spending to what we need first, then if there's money left it gets saved or spent on something. Used to we didn't have to worry so much if we wanted a new game or wanted so go out or something. Now all that has to be planned out for a little while...

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I wouldn't say that it has effected me personally because I am still a teenager and I live at home, so I don't really have to worry about paying for stuff myself because my parents will pay for it. It definitely will effect my parents though. This is just my opinion though
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009   #9
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Personally it hasnt been terrible for me, things are cheaper and alot of deals around every as busnesses try to stay afloat lol. However alot of my family got laid off, especially the ones that worked in construction. Construction here is always off and on, when its on its HUGE when its times like this its the first area to go. Its also really hard to find a job lol anywhere, no one wants to hire anybody because they are scared.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote