Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: is anyone still getting MAG?
of course 4 28.57%
no chance 6 42.86%
maybe, I'm gonna watch/read a review first 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-01-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
is anyone still gonna get MAG?

I know most people here don't like MAG from what they've tried but is anyone gonna get it?
I still have it on pre-order and it comes out next Tuesday so I'm pretty much gonna go pick it up after my psychology class next Tuesday.
I'm probably gonna enjoy it
tell me what u think
Old 19-01-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I'm going to take the wait and see approach on this one, theres to much
coming down the pipeline in to short a period to buy it almost blindly day 1.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010   #3
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
I'm not gonna get it because this happens to me a lot :(

bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010   #4
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
There are just too many awesome games coming out now for me to get something that isn't 'OMG' quality. On January 26, I'll take Mass Effect 2, please and thanks.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010   #5
PCN Member
PSN ID: Riarwe
I`m torn on my decision, played the BETA (not much though) and somewhat enjoyed it but never really got into the "way of playing" it, so depending on how well it scores I might pick it up and give it a chance and also it`s hard to pick it up since there`s a flood of awesome games coming the next 2 months.
Riarwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010   #6
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: thegiblet75
If I wasn't so cheap I would definitely get it. I definitely have a MAG addiction. Its more my speed than some of the other online shooters.

If are getting continually sniped you and your team are doing it wrong ;-)
giblet75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010   #7
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post

seriously? because that only reminds of battlefield to be honest haha, without the character creation, i was always in battle pretty fast in MAG..

@ the guys who mentioned its scores, i can probably lend a hand.. places like IGN will score it probably a 1 because its sony and they are usually pretty damn biased lol and then places that only deal in ps3 games will probably give it 7-8 because of the people that 'hate it' lol

anyway back on topic, yeah i'll be getting it :) without a doubt, alot of people say they hate it, but if you go to actual gameplay videos on youtubes ALOT of comments are praising this game too, but i love it! better than MW2 which alot of the time struggles to give a good connection with a maximum of 18 players -_-

Last edited by xEN7xASSASSINx; 19-01-2010 at 10:57 AM..
xEN7xASSASSINx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010   #8
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I'm not a big online player. So I don't think I will be picking this one up.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010   #9
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEN7xASSASSINx View Post
seriously? because that only reminds of battlefield to be honest haha, without the character creation, i was always in battle pretty fast in MAG..

@ the guys who mentioned its scores, i can probably lend a hand.. places like IGN will score it probably a 1 because its sony and they are usually pretty damn biased lol and then places that only deal in ps3 games will probably give it 7-8 because of the people that 'hate it' lol

anyway back on topic, yeah i'll be getting it :) without a doubt, alot of people say they hate it, but if you go to actual gameplay videos on youtubes ALOT of comments are praising this game too, but i love it! better than MW2 which alot of the time struggles to give a good connection with a maximum of 18 players -_-
yeah, thats what I feel about Battlefield, although I somewhat I agree with that's how it's like for MAG
I agree with your statement about MW2, I enjoyed it a lot more than MW2
if you wanna have someone to play MAG with, add me, my PSN id is m0tl3ysl4y3r
Old 19-01-2010   #10
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r View Post
if you wanna have someone to play MAG with, add me, my PSN id is m0tl3ysl4y3r
will do man :) i think you guys get it before us though so you may need to wait :D what faction will you be going for? ..

i was SVER, but since the stats were released saying they had the least players in that faction and people like to play as the underdog i have a feeling ALOT more people are going to join them now haha, i'll probably stick though! they have a high win rate :D and look cool lol
Old 19-01-2010   #11
PCN Master
I'm stuck between Valor and Sver right now, I might choose SVER though
Old 19-01-2010   #12
PCN Member
I would get it if I had the money.
LewisJ999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010   #13
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Firedshot
I've got it on order and can't wait for it to come. MAG will be better than CoD i'm sure of it. The fact your forced to work as a team and not a bunch of lunatics running around with shotguns will be what makes this game great!
Old 19-01-2010   #14
PCN Master
thats what I don't like about MW2, a whole bunch of people running around with dual-wielded shotguns.
Old 20-01-2010   #15
PCN Senior
or camping because for some reason rather than have nice frantic war each game some people would rather sit in one spot with a powerful assault rifle or light machine gun because they want a high killstreak reward! i really hate that! all it shows is there actually rubbish :( unless you have a sniper theres no reason to stay in one position for more than say 30 seconds..

i think they should get rid of killstreak rewards tbh, and even perks and just balance all the guns perfectly instead of everything pretty much being the same lol would be much more fun/skillful anyways thats totally off point, im excited for MAG =]
Old 20-01-2010   #16
PCN Master
yes..................campers are very annoying
they do just wanna get a killstreak
Old 20-01-2010   #17
"The New Guy"
?0 secound is a little low lol. i tend to wait no more than a min for some one and then when there dead move on! As for MAG i don't think camping is an option to attack only to defend but then thats the point!
Old 20-01-2010   #18
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedshot View Post
?0 secound is a little low lol. i tend to wait no more than a min for some one and then when there dead move on! As for MAG i don't think camping is an option to attack only to defend but then thats the point!
noo 30 seconds is enough, im talking about the guys who sit in one spot usually corners looking one way, plus when ever im play with assaults i shoot, run and even if say im on a roof i'll be running all around that roof looking for people
Old 20-01-2010   #19
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Absolutely not, the beta completely failed to impress me and I've got my shooter fix with Modern Warfare 2 for a long time, especially because I can't play online right now, so any chance I do get I will be taking plus because of Heavy Rain, BioShock 2, ModNation Racers and God of War III coming in the next few months and the continued rumors on Gran Turismo 5 I've already got more games that I find much more interesting than I can afford so to spend money on a game that just reminds of how disappointing SOCOM: Confrontation was, at least to me (I mean I never bought the game, but plenty of people I know did and I've heard enough from them and read enough to know it was a disappointment) is completely pointless.

One tip though, for anyone who might want BioShock 2, order it from Amazon, in Canada they are selling it for $64.99 and in America they are selling it for $54.98 and both websites are giving you a $10 credit towards your next video game purchase.
Old 20-01-2010   #20
"The New Guy"
Sucks with th internet issuies! Still back on topic i liked the first phase of MAG beta the only thing i found that lets down the game was some of the idiots on there mics!