Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Off Topic
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 24-02-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
What Happended to Russia?

If you're not watching the Olympic hockey game between Canada and Russia right now the current situation is Canada is winning 6-2 over the Russians (in the second period) which brings the question, what the **** has happened to the Russians. Going into the game Canada was considered the underdog but yet we scored two goals in less than a minute and in our life as a team we have only one win against the Russians in the Olympics vs. 9 losses.

I just find it amazing we are creaming the Russians but we can't beat the Americans. Either Canada has managed to get it together or the Russians are really, really bad this time around and the Americans are the ones to beat.
Old 24-02-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I can't answer your question but I was thinking the same thing.
I'd like to think that Canada has gotten it together but it could very well be that the Russians suck this year
Old 24-02-2010   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Americans are the one to beat. Said it time and time again, Russian and Canada teams are full of themselves. Americans were put as the underdog months ago, no one expected them to win, they went into the tournement with the "We HAVE to play better to have a CHANCE" mentality. Thus they work harder, have more heart, and become the better team.

Meanwhile Canada goes in "whatever we own" and gets a nice wake up call from a good USA team. If USA didnt beat them, Canada would be getting owned by the Russians right now.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010   #4
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Canada just brought their A game. We'll be seeing those dirty americans in the final. LOL, I joke. Rematch on sunday most likely!
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010   #5
SuperStaff
I hope so. If it happens It will probably be the highest rated sporting event in years. The one game already was the second rated game ever in America (next to the superbowl) and was the highest rated game period in Canada. Let alone it walked all over all the other olympic events combined for both regions.
Old 25-02-2010   #6
PCN Master
And yet the moronic NBC is so dumb the previous matchup wasn't shown by NBC in HD on their main public channel, the only way you could see the HD broadcast if you wanted to watch the whole game (apparently they did show part of the third period in HD on NBC) is have cable since it was on MSNBC. Not exactly the best business decision, well that and they are apparently not running coverage of events live, instead they are tape-delaying them and people find out before they air on NBC the results due to Twitter, Facebook and the Internet in general. Well that and when going around some other Internet forums I found this, long story short, apparently more than management at NBC needs to get there head on straight.

Thankfully CTV and it's affiliates got it right, live coverage and if there's nothing on, repeat the best events for the people who can't watch the live feeds or if you choose watch the online feeds at CTVOlympics.ca (unfortunately the website does use geoblocking, so if you don't have a Canadian IP, you can't watch anything there) which don't require you to have a cable subscription, just Silverlight installed. I mean their coverage isn't fantastic either, but at least it is live coverage, to all timezones.
Old 25-02-2010   #7
SuperStaff
NBC is absolutely terrible all around. There coverage to begin with sucks, then they tape delay everything to put it on "primetime" on the west coast, then they have you channel surfing for everything. The first USA game was on USA (the channel) instead of NBC. Then the canada game, like stated, was on MSNBC and NBC failed to tell anyone where to find it, let alone it was still delayed. They replayed it at night, just the third period though.

Then to top things off they only people they have to talk pre game and post game is a couple football people that know absolutely nothing about hockey. One of the guys goes "I dont know alot about hockey, but some of the goalies saves were pretty good" yeah thats really in depth you numbskull.
Old 25-02-2010   #8
PCN Senior
So the Canadian woman's team won gold by beating the states. Ahhh it felt good seeing that.
Old 25-02-2010   #9
PCN Master
Definitely a welcome sight and welcomed all around, the people around me in my residence building were celebrating big time once we had the game in the bag. I mean the weather outside definitely helped people stay indoors to watch the game because at least here in Ottawa it hasn't stopped snowing all day and the ground is now white (for the first time in a while, I can't remember another time this winter where it has happened).

Now all we need is a repeat of 2002 and we will have had an amazing Olympics performance and while on Canadian soil, what could be better.
Old 26-02-2010   #10
PCN Senior
Ya it's snowing here too like crazy haha. Not only in hockey we have a chance of getting both golds for men and woman but also curling. Both curling teams are going to the finals. We have a guarantee of two medals from curling and a good chance from hockey. I think we'll make top three for most medals.
Old 27-02-2010   #11
PCN Master
well, the hockey game between the United States and Canada should be a good game.
at least we got silver in woman's curling, although gold would have been better, at leastw e still got a medal though
its been snowing here a lot as well, since like Monday, its crazy how much snow we've been getting
Old 28-02-2010   #12
PCN Master
2-0 for Canada in the 2nd period against the U.S, awesome and definitely a completely different game vs. a couple of days ago. They are coming through when it really counts and as long as they don't get sloppy like they did in the third period against Slovakia it's looking good for Canada to get double-gold on home ice.

EDIT: Yeah, Canada wins gold in overtime, double gold for Canada on home ice, what a way to end the Olympics.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 28-02-2010 at 06:56 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010   #13
PCN Senior
Wee did it!!!!!
Old 28-02-2010   #14
PCN Master
Not only that, including our newest gold medal we as a country won more gold medals than any other country ever at the Olympics with 14 beating the Soviet Union/Norway's record of 13.
Old 28-02-2010   #15
PCN Master
its so sweet how we did so well, not juts in hockey but at the Olympics in general