Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 13-04-2007   #1
PCN Addict
Describe your ultimate Sony controller

So, we all know that sony reacted to the backlash against the boomarang shaped controller and went back to something like the DS2. How would you improve on the sixaxis for the next console, or for 3rd party companies?
Old 13-04-2007   #2
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
i wish they still had that boomerang controller, if i still had a ps3, i would definetly have got that controller. (stops me from throwing it at the t.v in fear of it hitting me in the head lol)
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007   #3
PCN Addict
Haha. It'd stop me too!
I wish the little recesses underneath the Dpad and shape buttons weren't so deep. I feel like it just needs a different shape overall to be more comfy
Old 14-04-2007   #4
1337 Sauce
i want what we have now but make it heavier and add rumble

i would take rumble over the motion-sensing any day, thats what i have a wii for

Last edited by MattZani; 10-06-2007 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: DDOOUUBBLLEE PPOOSSTT!!
jrotondo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007   #5
The Moderator
i want rumble, and i would like a headset thing like 360 (only good idea thats ever come from m$) because i prefer USB headsets.

Matt
Old 14-04-2007   #6
PCN Addict
Really? I'd rather have a wireless bluetooth headset. Oh well
Old 15-04-2007   #7
PCN Addict
Location: Colombia born...NEW YORK raised...but for now I stay in Texas
why cant it hav both motionsensing & rumble????

[url]www.myspace.com/camila23[/url][/FONT][/COLOR]
camila23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2007   #8
$ITE GANGSTA [MOD]
well i would like rumble more but both would be awesome and just to say good god matt how long do you stay on this site ur like never on in PSN.
juicyjuice107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2007   #9
The Moderator
im on at the moment, but only listening to music, im on around 3 - 4 hours a day on PSN, about 30 mins on PCN.

Matt
Old 15-04-2007   #10
PCN Addict
maybe the next one will have both
that'd be siiick

Old 15-04-2007   #11
PCN Addict
Yeah, i read that part of it is a battery issue. It'd take a lot of juice to do motion sensing and rumble, lots of recharging.
Old 15-04-2007   #12
PCN Addict
yea
but you could always just play while it charges

Old 15-04-2007   #13
The Moderator
Sony are releasing a rumble sixaxis, they settled the dispute with immersion, so can put it into production! It will probably have a better battery aswell.

Matt
Old 15-04-2007   #14
PCN Addict
yeah, but if you played while it charged, you'd be wired up again, kinda defeating the purpose, imo.
Old 09-06-2007   #15
"The New Guy"
the perfect one would have to have rumble motion sensing a better shape and just one that looks better...
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #16
1337 Sauce
Sony are working on rumble for sixaxis
PS2 gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #17
1337 Sauce
Having rumble in a wireless controller doesn't shorten the battery life too much. Yeah, it's a bit shorter, but not noticeably so. I have two Logitech wireless controllers with rumble for the PS2, and the battery life on those with rumble enabled lasted quite a long time. I would typically change batteries once a month or more.

If I could revamp the Sixaxis controller, here's what I'd do:

Add rumble, obviously. This will probably hit in time for the holiday season.

I would make the battery pack changeable by the user. Sony claims they will replace any worn out batteries free of charge, so maybe that's a non-issue - as long as you have a backup.

I would put a little separation between the L1/L2 and R1/R2 triggers. I inadvertently hit the wrong trigger button during games, especially shooters or Fight Night Round 3, and it messes me up.

I would not add a headset port to further drain the battery life. I picked up a Logitech bluetooth headset off Ebay for $12, and it works killer without a cord.

Other than those minor things, I think Sony nailed it. I'm glad they stuck with the traditional design as the basis for the new controller. That way I was able to just pick it up and hit the ground running.
kingofgrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #18
Ace of Moderators
PSN ID: AcesHigh113
i was reading an article in playstation magazine yesterday about what the new sixaxis should look like, & they had a picture w/ the D pad & the left analog stick switched then put vibration & the PS button would be green when the battery was good & then orange when the battery was getting low & then red when its just about to die. the only thing i dont like about that is Dpad & analog stic switched. i dont like it like that, i think its less comfortable
Old 11-06-2007   #19
$ITE GANGSTA [MOD]
it would be way better if they switched the d pad and left analog man that would be much better and comfortable!
juicyjuice107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007   #20
The Moderator
i like the way the controller is! STOP CHANGING IT!