Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion > Technical Support
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 14-01-2008   #1
"The New Guy"
PS3 disconnecting other devices

Hi

I have just purchased a PS3 40gb version. I have connected it up to my router, a Linksys WRT54GS Wireless router. I can sign into the playstation network fine, however when i sign in, or change disks for that matter, it disconnects all my wireless devices off my network.

Not quite sure how to stop this happening, has anyone heard of this problem before? If so an ideas how to stop it?
Lucid80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008   #2
have you tried disabling the media server?
Old 14-01-2008   #3
"The New Guy"
yeah ive disabled that, but it makes no difference. Still disconnects my wireless devices whenever i load a game/turn it on
Old 14-01-2008   #4
World Domination
Site Admin
PSN ID: Nicarlo
Login to your router and change the channel on which your wireless broadcasts in. For example if your on channel 6, change it to channel 4 and try it again.

Let me know.

Thanks
Nicarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008   #5
"The New Guy"
Brilliant, that sorted the problem, thanks a lot.

Although I have no idea why that should stop it dosconnecting
Old 15-01-2008   #6
"The New Guy"
hmm may have spoke too soon.

Although it now doesnt disconnect the wireless devices when i turn the PS3 on / swap games, it now randomly disconnects them while im playing
Old 15-01-2008   #7
World Domination
Site Admin
PSN ID: Nicarlo
Hey,

alright keep changing the channels until you find one that it stop doing it with.

Let me know how many wireless 2.4ghz phones you have in the house also please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid80 View Post
hmm may have spoke too soon.

Although it now doesnt disconnect the wireless devices when i turn the PS3 on / swap games, it now randomly disconnects them while im playing
Nicarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008   #8
yes, he's right, make sure it's on the same channel as your router. that helped me with my laptop's disconnection problems when the phone rang.
Old 16-01-2008   #9
"The New Guy"
Well i dont have any wireless phones in the house

I've disabled UPnP on the router and that seems to have stopped the disconnects, thanks for all the help
Old 28-01-2008   #10
"The New Guy"
Try using an ethernet cable directly to the PS3. There could be somthing that is interferring with the signal, maybe bad location.
rythizzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008   #11
1337 Sauce
alright, what you need to do is go to network settings, and disable the "media server connection". i had the same issue and that fixed the other devices disconnecting issue.

for those who dont know, this is an NAT issue on the PS3, and it is something that there is really only one real option to solve it. you have to manually give your ps3 an ip address, and you have to unlock the psn's ports on your router.

also, update your router's firmware.

http://www.portforward.com

-nabokovfan87
nabokovfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008   #12
"The New Guy"
hey all, my situation is a little different..my roomie and I get wifi free from the shop downstairs our apartment. so we dont have direct access to the router =( the thing im wondering if there is anyway to crack the ps3 open and manually turn off or just break its wireless modem without any serious problems to the ps3 os or gameplay? uh i know i must sound pretty cheap but some serious feedback would be appreciated. cyas. in before get your own internet =P
threedifferentpigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008   #13
i have heard of this same problem, but since i don't own a ps3, i can't help you with that (since i haven't had to solve it myself). sorry
Old 24-03-2008   #14
I own your soul! (Mod)
Quote:
Originally Posted by threedifferentpigs View Post
hey all, my situation is a little different..my roomie and I get wifi free from the shop downstairs our apartment. so we dont have direct access to the router =( the thing im wondering if there is anyway to crack the ps3 open and manually turn off or just break its wireless modem without any serious problems to the ps3 os or gameplay? uh i know i must sound pretty cheap but some serious feedback would be appreciated. cyas. in before get your own internet =P
is there a way you could hook up your ps3 to internet via a wifi enabled computer?
Old 01-09-2008   #15
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by threedifferentpigs View Post
lol, that one is a douzzie. best bet is to somehow get access to the router. you also have the NAT issue, and the only way to fix it is turn off media center connection, give the ps3 a static ip, and then open the ports.
nabokovfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote