Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 06-10-2009   #1
"The New Guy"
Rumor: Playstation Motion Controller to be codenamed as "Sphere"?

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/05/ru...enamed-sphere/

Quote:
Neither Microsoft nor Sony have "official" names for their respective motion projects. At the very least, Microsoft has donned a far more attractive (and marketable) codename for its tech: "Project Natal," versus the clunky-but-aptly titled "PlayStation Motion Controller."

One name Sony may be using with developers is "Sphere," a word that highlights the glowing, colored orb central to the motion controller's technology. Sega producer Yasuhito Baba and his translator both referred to the controller as "Sphere" during an interview at Tokyo Game Show last month. Polyphony Digital's Kazunori Yamauchi also talked about the PlayStation Motion Controller when we asked him if Gran Turismo would support the "Sphere" peripheral.

Sony representatives we chatted with admitted they were unfamiliar with the "Sphere" name, meaning it may be strictly a development codename for now.
"sphere" sounds cool. But "playmotion" fits better i think
Old 06-10-2009   #2
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
yea playmotion does sound a little better i guess

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009   #3
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Supra9_
I still don't know about this though. Don't get me wrong, Six-Axis is not a very good motion-sensor/program. I know that most games that offer Six-Axis that live up to the hype(except maybe Warhawk :P), but this doesn't seem like a genuine SONY idea to me. This still feels like if they can perfect this "Sphere" then PS3 sales will quadruple and beat the Wii by x million sales. Sorry if that came off as a rant, lol I just got carried away. xD
Supra9_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
They have to fix that design, it draws to many comparisons to a dildo.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I think I like the name of playmotion more
Old 07-10-2009   #6
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Better than 'Magic Motion Dildo Wand', which is what I'm currently calling it :P
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #7
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Jamie_Shankill
for the sphere the wii controller type thing is called a sphere in asian and some american territories due to the fact it has a sphere at the end and playmotion is actually probably the gaming system it'll be used for
J-Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i saw a new video of this and the newer one just looked like a smaller version from E3 and still has the ball thing on the top it didnt look like it changed much
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #9
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
The ball thing is necassary because its using the Eye Toy to communicate instead of motion tracking lasers and what not. Which gives it alot more potential. It reconizes the ball as it isnt similar to everything else and tracks it. Im just wondering when batting or something and the ball goes out of view for a second or two what will happen?

I think they should stick with something like PlayStation Motion. It has that catchy tune to it and the PlayStation namebrand making it trustable.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote