Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 23-01-2011   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Metal Gear Solid HD Trilogy in the Works?

Yes, in the new issue of the UK Official PlayStation Magazine, and thanks to some "insider whispers", apparently Snake is "in the facelift queue," and the "first three" MGS titles will be remade in HD. There's no word on how they will be distributed, a release date or even solid confirmation but if it does happen this will be a large step forward in HD remakes as to date only PS2 titles have been bumped up to HD where with an MGS collection, one game will have to be completely remade for HD.
Old 23-01-2011   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
A MGS trilogy on blu ray was the first collection that came to mind after sony sparked
interest in re-releasing ps3 classics.

Its a no brainer.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
The thing is how would you as Sony play this card.

No matter when you release it its going to sell tons. You have several choices though. This year when you already have plenty of exclusives and stuff going on. Do you release it with Rising to pull a MS and say "well MGS is better on PS3." Or do you wait till you have no games coming out and release it for a short burst of sales?
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011   #4
PCN Master
It's largely up to konami though.
Old 25-01-2011   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Konami falls under the same circumstances though. They talk to Sony, Sony says here are your options. It would be dumb to release it this Fall for example, unless its alongside Rising or some other MGS release.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011   #6
PCN Master
I think a MGS collection may actually rival the release the likes of an Assassins Creed 3.

Sure it wouldnt compete with a Call of Duty or Uncharted but I think it would still sell
rather well. Perhaps not the best time though with the holidays usually being as packed
as they are.

I'd have to disagree about shipping it around the same time as rising though because
I could see it cannibalizing the sales of rising since both games would kinda be vying
for the attention of the same audience. Make the collection a pack in with a MGS Rising
collectors edition though and now you're talking