Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation Network > PlayStation Home
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 18-05-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
whats the point of Playstation home?

I do not get the point of Playstation home, will someone please tell me?
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009   #2
"The New Guy"
I would also like to know this, I have tried it out once for about 20 mins and just walked around with lots of other people.

I think it's meant to be a sort of social networking for gamers but would like hear someones thoughts who uses it regularly

Top PS3 Games
GamerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009   #3
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
I don't use it regularly, but yeah you're about half right. It's a social networking application for PS3 users, but it's also a way for developers and publishers to advertise their games and show off a lot features of their games. A lot of people don't realize that a lot of work has went into and is still going into PlayStation Home. Take the SIREN: Blood Curse Home space for example. It's like playing SIREN: Blood Curse, but with your own avatar, in Home. It has a lot of potential for developers, publishers, and even Sony themselves.
Also, Sony mentioned before that it would be a tool to show off the exact power of the PS3, and to boast about the potential of the PS3 that developers have yet to discover.

This is all of course, promised for the official release. The Home that we know right now is still only in beta, and going through a lot of changes. Yet people still seem to forget this.

Anyways, I hope I helped. :)
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009   #4
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Tonzie how do you not use it that often but know so much about it haha. ;)
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009   #5
Staff
PSN ID: Kireinakiri
Dustin, I read wiki too
Kiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
it was alot better when you could use a headset and it was an open mic system so you could meet people but honestly i dont wanna type all my thoughts out to people. i mean i met a few people bowling earlier but now with the NO MIC attitude i dotn find it fun any more
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #7
"The New Guy"
the main point is to meet new people on your PS3. i think the easiest way to do this is in the bowling alley because you just sit there while you are bowling so it is easy to hav ea nice conversation with people
Putty180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
yea i do like to meet to people but they just make it harder by taking out the open mic chat system
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #9
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
yea i do like to meet to people but they just make it harder by taking out the open mic chat system
I think that as well, it just makes it really hard when u have to type in everything instead of just talking through your mic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerMan View Post
I would also like to know this, I have tried it out once for about 20 mins and just walked around with lots of other people.

I think it's meant to be a sort of social networking for gamers but would like hear someones thoughts who uses it regularly
Thats what I have heard as well, but for me if I wanted to talk to someone, thats what Facebook or MSN are for
Old 11-08-2009   #10
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
At the moment there really is no point, I view it as a failed experiment that was to heavily
touted, and now can not be undone since sony would have major egg on their face.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #11
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvi View Post
At the moment there really is no point, I view it as a failed experiment that was to heavily
touted, and now can not be undone since sony would have major egg on their face.
But, to Sony's credit, they seem to be slowly increasing the quality of Home, drawing more and more people in through things such as Xi and game spaces.

At least it's clear they haven't given up.
Old 11-08-2009   #12
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvi View Post
yeah...a lot of people would not be happy if they got rid of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonite View Post
But, to Sony's credit, they seem to be slowly increasing the quality of Home, drawing more and more people in through things such as Xi and game spaces.

At least it's clear they haven't given up.
who knows...maybe if they keep adding something I might find something I like about it, but for right now, I don't really have a use for it
Old 12-08-2009   #13
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r View Post
yeah...a lot of people would not be happy if they got rid of it

who knows...maybe if they keep adding something I might find something I like about it, but for right now, I don't really have a use for it
You mean you DON'T enjoy pretending to be a girl and then dancing for hours in the middle of the bowling alley?

Must just be me... and half of the people who use Home. :D
Old 12-08-2009   #14
"The New Guy"
I posted that samee topic on the PlayStaion Forums here: http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...read.id=486296
iiiSAYRISiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #15
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
And we care because (I mean welcome to the forums and all but everyone basically stated what all of us already brought up), but Home is definitely lacking focus, it's a random collection of spaces with overpriced things to buy, I mean why would you pay $5 for a Summer House when for the same money you can get a PSN title that will obviously give you much more enjoyment. I mean some spaces just act as meeting rooms where no one talks and the others just contain mini-games that get a few people talking to girls that aren't really girls, I mean really how many of those "girls" are girls, my guess is less than 10%.
Old 18-08-2009   #16
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonite View Post
You mean you DON'T enjoy pretending to be a girl and then dancing for hours in the middle of the bowling alley?

Must just be me... and half of the people who use Home. :D
no not really, but I know you are being sarcastic
Old 19-08-2009   #17
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
I'll be the odd ball and say I kind of like Home.. I defiantly like the idea of it all and believe it has potential. Right now it seems like a rough draft of what could be. With a few modifications, and added features it could be a cool place to hang out.

If I could invite friends over to my living space or whatever then stream pictures, movies, music from my PS3 and out of a TV in my living space though would be that would be awesome.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009   #18
PCN Master
It could be a lot better and has the potential to do so, I will admit that. I'm not that sure but I think I'll give it another chance if I get bored enough
Old 21-08-2009   #19
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
As someone who wasted a lot of time in chat rooms I will say that having a big area to walk around in and talk to people in is kind of cool. feels more like an interactive chat room rather than a game. And yes I know Home isn't really a game.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009   #20
PCN Master
maybe the reason why I don't like home is because I'm not that interested in home is because I would much rather talk to people I know on websites like msn or facebook then go and meet new people on something like home