Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 07-06-2009   #1
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Uncharted Beta Impressions (or thoughts on sequal)

Never bought the first uncharted, but the more i see it the more i think of one of my favorite games of all time, tomb raider. Its like taking lara croft out and putthing Drake(thats his name?) in her place to me. Not necesarily a bad thing, but i still need to play the first uncharted, the sequal looks cool.

With that said though, the beta is kind of disapointing to me. Wish it was showing off SP as thats what im interested in, but the online needs work. Thats why its a beta....The competitive is really fun for a while, the maps though begin to get boring and the lack of a need to work as a team makes it get boring to me. You just randomly keep respawning away from the other team too, good thing bad thing, we always know where to find you. The cover system works almost just like Rainbow Six Vegas, which is why i love it, and overall it can be a fun game to play.

The co-op on the other hand, not so great. Finally after searching for ever i got into a co-op game. The thing is you have no control over the speed or what you personally are doing. My "team" skipped the begining cutscene, took off sprinting in the begining, knew exactly where every bad guy is, and being my first time around i was trying to enjoy being surprised instead. While they go flying through the level, and im stuck just jogging along for the ride, they even did all the checkpoints while two of us were still playing with the enemy AI.

so to me the to do list
-Make competitive more competitive, add goals or something it
-Make it more team based
-make co op so the entire team has to put in effort

Thats just my opinions anyways.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i have heard of this game referred to as like a better version of Tomb Raider i mean it does seem very similar and i have not played the first one either but i do think i will pick it up sometime in future (assuming it has dropped in price). I think if i like it i might pick up the second one especially since it has online now and stuff as well
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #3
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
First off Dustin S. you need to get Uncharted Drakes Fortune it's just a great game. I started playing on a Friday around 7pm and just couldn't put it down till Sunday evening. The only thing there is no re-play value. Except for Trophy whoring.

I'm 34 years old and have been playing games since Super Mario on NES back in '86. So the online aspect of gaming is somewhat new to me (plus it's only become mainstream in the last 5 or 6 yrs) and not a major factor for me when purchasing games. Plus I am full on in my career right (None of my colleagues play games either. Engineers go figure.) now and don't have a lot of time playing/practicing for online play. Basicaly I get my butt kicked a lot. I wish I was better. Sorry to drag out your quesiton via the ole online vs single player event. Hey, if there is anybody in the same boat and wants to practice or just get online to play co-po or battle hit me up with an friend request.

Finally got to play the Beta last night and it took forever to find a match. Once it did I had no clue on what to do. I just ran around and got killed a lot. Game looks beautiful though.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #4
PCN Master
yeah the game does look awesome and i wish i was part of the beta with you guys but is online done right or is it pretty much just a running around?
Old 12-06-2009   #5
PCN Member
PSN ID: Az1zam
I won't say anything about Among Thieves, but Drake's Fortune was awesome. A great gaming experience, I could barely put down the controller until I had completed the game. The soundtracks, the action, the climbing, the discovery, everything was great, if not perfect!

The replay value lies in trophies, where you have to find treasures, beat the game on a harder difficulty level and achieve kills with different weapons.

I think you should go and buy Drake's Fortune, especially because it is not really that expensive, and because you're more into the single player stuff.
Az1zam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #6
PCN Master
everyone seems to love Uncharted i think i might have to go get pick it up sometime soon
Old 12-06-2009   #7
SuperStaff
To answe your above question, to me it was just randomly running around shooting people. Fights would break out here and they, but it always respawns you away from everyone. So you have a team of 3 fighting, someone will be tactical and start moving around behind you but when 2 guys die they just come running behind and kill everyone for the third guy. Now the opposite team is stuck in the corner.

Thats how it seemed to me. Was like Socom without the weapons, except socom has goals.
Old 12-06-2009   #8
PCN Master
is it at least fun to play?
Old 12-06-2009   #9
SuperStaff
It is fun, it just needs to have a point. Its hard to explain. Gameplay is awesome, its just not "there" i dont know how to explain it. I could see myself picking this game up, playing online for like a week, then going back to Resistance or something.
Old 12-06-2009   #10
PCN Master
so basically there is just no goals in the game at all? bye game i mean online
Old 12-06-2009   #11
SuperStaff
Nothing worth noting. One person on the team could completely change the tide of the game by just going on a killing spree. For example i jumped in a game and wondered around for ever, we were on the verge of losing, so i jump in battle. Kill 7 guys in a row and we won within minutes after that.

From what i can tell it doesnt really track your stats for any specific reason either? So its like why bother being good if you dont care about bragging rights?

This is just me, dont get me wrong im sure other people will absolutely love it. Just not striking me just yet.
Old 12-06-2009   #12
PCN Master
o ok well im sure they will change it a bit after the beta maybe a little to and the whole stats tracking thing will prob be much more indepth in the actual game
Old 13-06-2009   #13
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
I'm actually really digging the beta. Mechanics-wise, Uncharted is a solid game to begin with, so the online is pretty solid as well. If anything, it's a bit uninspired, but it will complement the main campaign VERY well.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009   #14
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
I really love the beta its awesome. the graphics are good and it plays great. the only thing is that i probably wont be playin online much so im waiting to play the story mode of the game

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote