Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: When Do You Think Trophies Are Coming to MGS4?
3 Months 6 75.00%
6 Months 2 25.00%
1 Year for the 2 Year Anniversary 0 0%
Never 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Trophies for MGS4?

Back around the 1 year anniversary of MGS4's release, there was a lot of speculation as to the big announcement being the addition of trophies, well that didn't happen but apparently Konami is listening, PSX Extreme is reporting that Konami has recently stated the following:

"Just to address one issue that we’ve been getting a lot of comments about. And this is, of course, about trophies.

I just wanna tell everybody out there right now that your voices are being heard and that we’re not ignoring you. We hear everything that you are saying. It’s just that we can’t say anything just yet.

But as soon as we have something to say, we will announce it. So, if we can just ask everyone to just be patient, we will give you an answer. But right now we can’t say anything. So we just ask for everyone’s understanding with that and just ask for everybody to remain patient and we’ll let you know."

With that kind of announcement many are saying it's just a matter of what time Konami will announce the update, not a question of if they will do it especially since it might increase sales and get more people to play the game again.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 09-08-2009 at 09:20 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
At the same time how long have global servers for MGO been wanted and even konami came out and said "we will be doing global servers at one point" here a year later (even with that being said) and i still cant own the japs with snake.

IF (big IF) the trophies do come out this year. Watch MGS4 sales pick up again and man will i be beyond happy. Ive held out playing it a second time just because i know when im half way through trophies will be out.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #3
PCN Master
I have yet to even get into the game, I don't believe I'm even past the first level so trophies would definitely get me going on it, could finally catch up with a few of my friends for trophy rank although I've got one or two I'll never beat, one is at Level 10 with 646 trophies. Might even finally get some of those used copies off the shelves of my local game stores, here's hoping.
Old 08-08-2009   #4
SuperStaff
Just thinking, maybe they cant say anything because its a re-release? If it is then that could possibly blow sony competition even further out of the water.
Old 08-08-2009   #5
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
ive already played mgs4 twice but if they bring trophies like you guys said there will be a big boost in sales and i might wanna play it over a third time

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
As is standard with MGS, a rehashed version should be surfacing at some point, where the trophies will probably kick in as well
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #7
PCN Addict
what do u mean by a rehashed version

Old 08-08-2009   #8
SuperStaff
They always through together a "directors cut" of Metal Gear solid, its like tradition. It will have training maps or some tye of min game to it and a bunch of other features to make people buy it. In this case it could also mean trophies.
Old 08-08-2009   #9
1337 Sauce
Trophies would of course be a welcome addition, though, given the nature of MGS, I'm afraid they could be really, really hard, making the platinum near impossible.
Old 08-08-2009   #10
PCN Addict
yea trophies would be hard in this game if they wanna actually make good trophies

Old 08-08-2009   #11
PCN Master
Threre's already basically a system in place of unlockables anyway so trophies would simply modify this system hopefully to make these unlockables unlock trophies as well. If it's hard to get it would be the only platinum trophy that's hard to get, BioShock's platinum requires you to beat the game on Survivor without using a single Vita-Chamber and believe me that's hard.
Old 09-08-2009   #12
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
Threre's already basically a system in place of unlockables anyway so trophies would simply modify this system hopefully to make these unlockables unlock trophies as well.
I know, and some of the criteria for these unlockables include completing the game without killing anyone, and completing the game without triggering a single alert...

That. Will. Be. Hard.
Old 09-08-2009   #13
PCN Addict
man think about that ur close to the end and then BAM! you trigger an alert i would be angry as heck

Old 09-08-2009   #14
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by trediddy View Post
man think about that ur close to the end and then BAM! you trigger an alert i would be angry as heck
Fortunately, that's where saves and checkpoints come in. :D
Old 09-08-2009   #15
SuperStaff
Sometimes i trigger an alert or kill someone and dont know it though lol. Mostly the alert problem, i had that problem on MGS3, didnt know wth i was triggering.
Old 09-08-2009   #16
PCN Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonite View Post
Fortunately, that's where saves and checkpoints come in. :D
you can restart it at a checkpoint and that triggered alert wont count??

Old 10-08-2009   #17
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by trediddy View Post
you can restart it at a checkpoint and that triggered alert wont count??
As long as you don't save after you triggered the alert, and then immediately restart from your last game save, I'm pretty sure it won't be counted. This is hypothetical, though - I would never want to play MGS4 in such a way.
Old 10-08-2009   #18
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I have actually stopped playing MGS4 due to this. I didn't want to commit myself to finishing the game and then have to do it again. I'll fire it back up when trophy update is issued. Meanwhile I have been playing the MGS essentials collection on my PS3.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #19
PCN Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonite View Post
As long as you don't save after you triggered the alert, and then immediately restart from your last game save, I'm pretty sure it won't be counted. This is hypothetical, though - I would never want to play MGS4 in such a way.
yea me neither

Old 11-08-2009   #20
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
well i dont have the game so this does not concern me buit it would be nice for trophies to be included
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcement, gear, metal, solid, trophies