Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Off Topic
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 03-06-2009   #1
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Coheebria
Press Conferences (MS & Sony)

so i watched them both today and besides the fact that this is a PS3 site and i own a ps3, i have no problem giving credit where credit is due

i am not a fanboy, but i do hold the notion that i made the wise decision of investing in a PS3 over the 360. at the point in which i made my purchase blu ray was the key to winning me over, but since then it has become abundantly clear that blu ray is not the only difference maker

i floated around N4G and saw ppl giving MS' conference better grades than Sony's and i was shocked and wondered what ppl were smoking

i have to say that i lol'ed when Tony Hawk said something like "the best skateboarding experience is getting on an actual board" and he just stops there, ugh no **** sherlock, that's why kids who actually have a pair and are at least somewhat athletically inclined choose skateboarding as their pastime

and then the MG: rising introduction was pretty sad. Kojima looks awkward and uncomfortable and rushes off stage, while at the Sony conference he looks confident and says a lot more, especially the part where he assures everyone that he is behind Peacemaker as well as the team who made MGS4

i dunno, i guess it's to each his own, but honestly nothing in MS' conference made me go "WOW"

but if you saw that GOW3 demo from Sony then you had to have said "WOW" at that last fight scene where he rips off the montster's horns and gouges it's eyes with them, that was just SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

in my humble opinion, i have to say that MS got thoroughly owned today
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i was reading somewhere that Kojima would rather just make games for the PS3 but Konami like forced this one to 360 and i like he was like yeah the one for the PSP will follow the main plot where Rising is like a whole alternate plot. I personally thought that Sony's was better but people like M$ becasue (if you watched G4 at all) they had Celebrities and Natal that was about it. I personally wasnt to impressed with Natal i mean it was cool and all but how much is the software?
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #3
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Coheebria
yeah, i've been following this just out of curiosity and i saw the G4TV grades. they said it was mostly because M$'s was shorter and more entertaining. I guess i can appreciate that perspective, but i like to consider myself a smart consumer and i don't care to be razzle dazzled by a dog and pony show. i just want to cut to the chase in regards to the software and new innovations, which is what Sony did. To me, it just seemed like M$'s theatrics was just a cover up for the fact that their 2009 is looking pretty sad at this point.
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
well Microsoft always brings out a bunch of celebrities like that tough. Sony was a little slow there with the PSP GO! and they did talk about sales and stuff. and I am getting sick of this line and "this is only possible on the Playstation 3". ok we all know the PS3 is more powerful look at GoW and Uncharted they are amazing and far surpass anything on the 360. but i would say the Sony was better just cuz nothing at the Microsoft conference WOWed me at all.
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote