Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion > Technical Support
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 13-08-2008   #1
"The New Guy"
World, Help me ?!

Hello World !!

I would like to introduce myself to this forum, my name is zaid (you can call me zizzy or ziz). I found this forum via Google an this is the perfect place (don't think im crazy i come for ps3 reasons ;p XD).

I come from the United Arab Emirates, which is located in the middle east

I will be buying my HDTV soon and im almost done hunting ... (Tempted most by the Sony KLV46 X-350...). I have to tell you that here in UAE HD Broadcasting has not yet arrived (will in mid 09) ... so until this time comes i figured out no use for HDTV unless u have HD CONTENT which is PS3 or Blu-Ray DVD Player ... and i decided ps3 (since it can play blu -ray) ... and im really tempted like a sexy mama to buy one but to be honest i am not THAT gamer (more of a PC junkie) i juts play the Pro Evolution Soccer series and im still in need for some advice ... but after iv seen images from MGS4 and COD4 .. makes me think twice.

Apologizing for my long and boring introduction ... I read the FAQ's first page ... and i have to thank charleslin for such an AMAZING post ... and i find my self understanding most of it .. and i still have a couple of questions, and i would truly appreciate it if you guys be generous enough to answer them before buying my PS3 ...

1. What are the CONs or Negatives of the PS ?

2. I am looking for a full featured PS3 Model with its ability to play PS2 games without the need of extra stuff, what model do you advice me ?

3. Is it true that there are issues with heating of the PS3? If so whats the solution?

4. I heard Sony will stop PS3's abilty to play PS2 games later this year is it true ? If so please someone tell me what model to buy so i can catch up

5.What is an "OtherOS" and is it really needed ?

6. Can someone tell me about the more info about the HDD .. like Should i buy a new one and install it before i remove PS3's original HDD ? .. and why do i need more space ... etc

Those were all my questions and once again i thank God i found this forum and it would be greatly appreciated if people could guide me through this ... THANX IN ADVANCE ... and sorry if i wasted/ruined 10 mins of your precious/important times ... Thanx again
ziz54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008   #2
Ace of Moderators
PSN ID: AcesHigh113
hi zizzy. welcome to PCN. enjoy your stay. =]

here are some answers
1. you cant listen to music in game like the 360 but that is changing in the near future. i love my ps3. i dont really have anything i DONT like about it. just a big list of what i do. :D

2. if it is available in your area a 80GB ps3. if not. i'm sorry. you could try to find someone to sell you their 60GB. but i dont even think PAL systems have the thing you need to play ps2 games

3. there really arent issues with the heating of it. you just have to have it in an open area. and if you want to be safe. you can buy a intercooler. they have them from all different companies. just look around

4. the cutting of the backward compatibility is true. so i would hurry.

5. otherOS means another operating system. it is not needed AT ALL. it is really for people who are into computers and want to load linux onto the ps3

6. unless you save a LOT movies, music, and pictures, demos, etc. then there is no real reason to update your HDD (hard disk drive, it holds all yer information) but if so, you need a SATA HDD. and then you'd have to format it
Old 31-08-2008   #3
"The New Guy"
1. This has changed for 2.40 and up for games that support it

2. Old 20GB models with the black trim also have hardware backward compatibility for ps2 games

3. no heating issues but be sure to keep it in an open space

6. 2.5" SATA HDD 5400 RPM or higher (higher RPM doesn't make a difference)
snowflakecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #4
Staff
PSN ID: Nikhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceshigh113 View Post
hi zizzy. welcome to PCN. enjoy your stay. =]

here are some answers
1. you cant listen to music in game like the 360 but that is changing in the near future.
Actually, with FW 2.4 and up, ingame music is supported. However, it's up to the developer on whether they want to actually implement it or not. As of now, I think that there's only a couple games that support the feature. Warhawk was recently patched to allow for it.
Nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #5
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziz54 View Post
1. What are the CONs or Negatives of the PS ?

2. I am looking for a full featured PS3 Model with its ability to play PS2 games without the need of extra stuff, what model do you advice me ?

3. Is it true that there are issues with heating of the PS3? If so whats the solution?

4. I heard Sony will stop PS3's abilty to play PS2 games later this year is it true ? If so please someone tell me what model to buy so i can catch up

5.What is an "OtherOS" and is it really needed ?

6. Can someone tell me about the more info about the HDD .. like Should i buy a new one and install it before i remove PS3's original HDD ? .. and why do i need more space ... etc

Those were all my questions and once again i thank God i found this forum and it would be greatly appreciated if people could guide me through this ... THANX IN ADVANCE ... and sorry if i wasted/ruined 10 mins of your precious/important times ... Thanx again
1. Some internet quircks, awkward bizzare sku's, and sony takes forever to release things that people want most.

2. well, you will need to get an old 20 or 60 gb ps3 to have the best compatability with ps2 games, but the 80 gig has limited compatability and look for it to all be software based in the future so that sony can sell ps2 games on the store.

3. in my room it is about 85-90 degrees farenheit. if need be i have a pelican cooler that uses an external power source (thus, not effecting the ps3's power at all.), but i have had no issues with anything other then dust.

4. see question 2.

5. Other OS is the ability to install linux on the ps3 if you want. it is readily available for FREE under the name yellowdog linux and can be torrented or downloaded legally. it is not necessary, needed, or used by most people.

6. in the ps3 you can swap out to whichever size hard drive you want. all you need is a SATA-150 model LAPTOP (2.5") hard drive (current is 5400 rpm's, but 7200 is preferred.). the extra space is used to install demos, game cache data (used to speed up read times), videos, music, etc. Some games like GTAIV actually bypass bugs and other issues thanks to installing a larger hard drive. it is only necessary if you plan on downloading things from the PSN and i highly recommend getting one at least 250 GB (that is what i have in mine).
nabokovfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote