Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 25-06-2009   #1
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
The Bigs

I downloaded the demo, never played this game before, but i LOVE baseball. im a HUGE MLB The Show fan so id thought wth ill give it a shot....

WORSE game i have EVER played. Graphics are terrible, gameplay cant even pass as an arcade game, and just wow was blown away in the wrong direction. Game is absolutely terrible....
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
who makes this game is it 2K? and yea The show ispretty good but i thought that past versions of the 2K series were pretty good i mean they were different with using the right stick to pitch and bat i mean better than just hitting buttons to pitch and stuff a little different but i definitely always have like The Show better
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009   #3
SuperStaff
Yeah 2K makes it. They won rights to baseball license or something so EA couldnt make MVP Baseball anymore (my favorite so it sucks!) and instead of making a real baseball game they make this crap...Bring MVP back at least, i feel bad for Xbox users that cant play The Show.

ITs no longer using the stick either. You tap the pitch you want, hold it down and release and if its not PERFECT they hit the ball. Even if it is PERFECT they hit the ball lol, its dumb. Then batting my god, dont try to play this game on a small TV period! Just wow, couldnt believe a game could be so crappy.
Old 27-06-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
It's too bad as 2K Sports has made plenty of good sports games back in the days of EA sucking, now that EA is learning people don't like sucky games 2K isn't doing so hot, I mean MLB 2K9 didn't do great either in reviews. The worse thing is The Bigs is getting a sequel, The Bigs 2 which comes out in just over a week.
Old 27-06-2009   #5
SuperStaff
Thats what i was playing, the bigs 2. I never liked 2K....NHL 2k is terrible, especially compared to the new NHL Ea makes. ESPN 2k football, was pretty neat with how they did it i actually enjoyed it, sadly they only made 1 or 2 before they lost the NFL license and were screwed. Then throw in the The Bigs and i dont think ill be looking at 2K for a while.
Old 27-06-2009   #6
PCN Master
Well thank EA for ruining the 2K Football series, since they now have their exclusive license and while I agree the 2K didn't exactly do great with the NHL games, they are good for one thing, keeping EA on their toes since they didn't do that for so many years, whenever EA is alone they never innovate which shows with the Madden games of late.
Old 28-06-2009   #7
PCN Master
do you guys remember 989 sports? they had some pretty good stuff. what ever happend to them
Old 28-06-2009   #8
PCN Master
so yea i just played the demo and the first ended 15-0 that is easily the worst Baseball game ever but isnt 2k still making like MLB 2k9 and 2k10? those were pretty good
Old 28-06-2009   #9
SuperStaff
Lucky mine ended 30-0 then i struck out 3 times and the demo ended. lol

I dont know if they are or not, but i loved MVP baseball and 2k ruined it, only adding to my hate. Im just completely happy with The Show, its even better than MVP. Its worth buying a PS3 on its own. I believe 2k even gets low scores on their crap now. NHL from EA the past two years have had 9's while 2k NHL has had like 7's, their other sports games are no differnt.

As for 989 they were closed down due to issues with money. They started to go downhill real fast, and it was a Sony company. Sony started developing The Show, whatever their NBA game is called and so on, then decided lets just close 989 because these new games are amazing. Good choice in my opinion, but i always loved the logo sequence "9..8..9..SPORTS!" haha. However, yeah they closed a few years ago and the Sony San Diego Studios pretty much took over, but they make other games as well.
Old 29-06-2009   #10
PCN Master
wow 30-0 that takes some serious skillz.

i do like the show that was a decent game i dont really like Baseball games that much to begin with but i almost always download the demo and play them.

i didnt realize that Sony owned 989 but i brought it up cuz i was going through some old games and saw that logo and was like man i remember them what happend to them they had some decent stuff
Old 29-06-2009   #11
PCN Master
989 did a few Formula 1 games a couple a years back and they were pretty good, although EA did a decent job back then as well, well before the let the license go because it was considered not profitable in North America to make a Formula 1 game. Other than that I do remember 989 for Athens 2004 which was an enjoyable game, well at least for an Olympics game.
Old 29-06-2009   #12
SuperStaff
989 had some decent games no doubt, but they were just not doing well financially at all. Sonys San Diego studios is out of this world though, so maybe one day they will expand their lineup (even though thats what caused the problem).
Old 29-06-2009   #13
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
i like 2k's basketball games the most it just make nba live which is made by ea look like crap

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009   #14
SuperStaff
I just looked at some old PS1 games i had and didnt realise Twisted Metal and Syphon Filter both have 989 logos on them....If sony decided to make those for PS3 talk about money in the bank....Those games were amazing.
Old 30-06-2009   #15
PCN Master
i have never played Syphon Filter but Twisted metal was sweet on PSone but the ones for PS2 just really didnt do it for me there was just something missing
Old 30-06-2009   #16
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
never played any of the games

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote