Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 06-07-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
MAG Beta?

does anyone have information on this. like when it will be taking place and for how long and how to get a code? i just saw that it will be coming to North America because it was previously thought it was only going to be in Europe but it was cleared up by Abigale
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
They haven't released any details yet, just that there will be one and once we get closer to the date they will release the details on how to get in, my guess is though they will do it like Confrontation and make it you have to pre-order the game (probably from GameStop) to get in.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009...merica-europe/
Old 06-07-2009   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
We contacted them and they said they have no dates on it just yet but do expect it this summer. Im sure our guys will doing their best to get some members here at PS3Center some codes too!

Plus I bet it will be open like Uncharted was. No OPEN like everyone gets in, but a huge amount of codes going every which way for tons of people to get in. They obviously need to fill the servers so id plan on having like 3 or 4 games with 250 people in them at least, do the math lol.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009   #4
PCN Master
yea i really want to get into the beta to see if i want to get the game i mean it looks cool and i will prob get it but i want to test it out first. But i really hope it is easy to get into like the Uncharted beta i didnt even really try to get in there i just stumbled across it and was like cool a beta code for me :) but confrontation was alot harder because i really wanted in that so i was actively looking for a code
Old 06-07-2009   #5
PCN Master
Confrontation wasn't that hard, all you had to do was get a friend to pre-order the game and they could share the beta code with 2 friends and use it themselves, it's how I got in. But if they really want to test the servers they are going to let a lot of people in, the ideal test would be to have like 20 games going because once that game comes out, there will be at least that many games going and most likely there will be many more than that going on.
Old 06-07-2009   #6
SuperStaff
I was invited on behalf of GAP for both Socom and Uncharted. Insomniac usually invited me to theirs since im active in their communities. So if i come across a second MAG code ill put it up for grabs here on the forums for one of you guys to get. Like i said though we more than likely will be able to get some codes for a contest or something, hopefully.
Old 06-07-2009   #7
PCN Master
What is GAP? and arent you interning at Insomniac Dustin? i thought i heard you say something about that earlier. it would be really cool if you guys got a few codes to put up on here for a contest or so. I also think that it would be in their be interest to get alot of people on here i mean i woudl they want about 10 games going on i mean they want to do a full scale what they think they will get test they want a smaller one.
Old 06-07-2009   #8
SuperStaff
GAP is just some random group sony put together and invited members that own their consoles and what not. I got invited like 3 years ago and the first benefit i got from it was getting into those betas lol....The only other thing i ever got was Patapon stickers and a Resistance package.

As for interning at Insomniac i dont currently intern there, obviously, but im planning to either next summer or the following year. Hopefully working here at PS3center helps me get that job lol.
Old 06-07-2009   #9
PCN Master
how do you get in to becoming a part of GAP?

I remembered something about interning at Insomniac, but yeah i also want to try to get an internship position over at Insomniac before i graduate from school. i really like what they are doing over there and think they have lot of good stuff and i want to become a part of that.

back to the Beta i am hoping that announce some stuff on it soon like by the end of July and let everyone know hwat is going on
Old 06-07-2009   #10
PCN Master
I can just imagine the competition to get an internship over there, anyone at all interested in video games would love to intern there, including me, but it's much too far away from my current residence and even further away from my college that I start at this fall. Boy would I love to do that though, the GAP though, I heard of but never have been invited to, own all the PlayStation consoles too and have been registered at the US PlayStation site for years, even linked my old account with my PSN ID. Probably because I'm Canadian, always has to be something for Sony that stops the Canadians getting in.
Old 06-07-2009   #11
PCN Master
lol i have owned every playstation as well i LOVE these things and i will continue to get them as long as they put them out. but yeah Insomniac is amazing but for College i have to do an intership at some point to graduate so i want to get into Insomniac first then i might look at trying Zipper or Naughty Dog or just Sony in general
Old 07-07-2009   #12
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
does mag have an actual story mode or is i just playin online with over 250 ppl

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #13
SuperStaff
I believe its like Socom confrontation and just purely an online game. I could be wrong but thats what im assuming. It may have offline skirmish modes or something idk.

Also for GAP even if you get it alot of the things they do exclude Canadians anyways lol. Its nothing to brag about though. You get maybe a shirt or hat or something when you first get in and a keychain that says your in GAP, then you just visit the private forums they have. I got randomly invited ages ago, i was active on the underground boards though for a while and had al 80 something PS2 games registered there lol.
Old 07-07-2009   #14
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
cuz i know they havent said anything about a offfline mode of wat ive heard

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #15
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Well, I wouldn't say MAG doesn't have a story mode, per say. To my knowledge, players will pick a faction to begin with and are stuck with them. Then the factions compete for different territories, allowing them to ultimately attack even another factions HQ - at least that's what I've inferred from various dev diaries and what not.

But if you mean will it have a traditional offline campaign, then the answer is no.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #16
PCN Master
why does sony keep doing that? the whole online only game it is really getting old and apparently the online part of games is 40 bucks meaning that the single and co-op are only work 20 buck to them
Old 07-07-2009   #17
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
I would prefer if most games I played were only online. Games like Cod4 and Killzone I hadn't even touched the single player for months after buying. Pwning people online feels good. Letting someone know that I am better than them at a game is a good feeling. I feel warm inside when I do so.

lol

But ya seriously pwning people online is like a hobby for me.

Last edited by Jordan; 07-07-2009 at 07:49 PM..
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #18
SuperStaff
Depends on the game. Something like what they did with Socom, its cool ill buy it. Metal Gear online, ill buy that too. Something like Uncharted, hell to the no i want single play too! Even shooters, Killzone has a good story, Rainbow Six, Resistance etc...To me i absolutely love stories in campeigns and will never give that up.

COD on the other hand. COD4 was pretty cool but the overall SP wasnt the greatest. If they spent more time on it id love it, but if they offered online only and a full game im sure ALOT of people would buy onlne only copies.
Old 07-07-2009   #19
PCN Master
well yea i mean most of the time i just play online but i still like the single player mode as well
Old 07-07-2009   #20
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
why does sony keep doing that? the whole online only game it is really getting old and apparently the online part of games is 40 bucks meaning that the single and co-op are only work 20 buck to them
It makes more sense to divert resources to the online portion of the game than to make a lackluster single player that only served to eat at the budget.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote