Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion > PlayStation 3 News
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 05-06-2009   #1
PS3 News Feed
EA: We Have Yet to Max Out PS3

EA Executive states at E3 that the 360 is maxed out, while Ps3 still has some room

Read More...
System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well it doesn't surprise me EA would say that especially since they only just started to get their games running better on PlayStation 3 instead of just being terrible ports of the 360 version so they definitely have a lot more to use of the PlayStation 3. Although there definitely is untapped potential for any developer, I mean the PlayStation 2 wasn't maxed till well done it's life and there probably is still more they can do with it. The 360's problem was it's based on PC architecture so developers already knew how to pretty much max the system plus the DVD format of the games further limits them where PlayStation 3 gives developers plenty of space to work with on. Plus many of the developers of PlayStation 3 games such as Sucker Punch have stated their recent games could not run on anything but the PlayStation 3 so it definitely reaffirms what Sony said about the PlayStation 3 having a long life span.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
This isnt the first time we have heard this from a developer that they have Maxed 360 and not PS3 but you are right the EA ports were just bad.

If you talk to people, mainly 360 fans, they will tell you that you cannot get as much on a Bluray disc than a DVD because the Bluray reads slower and the way they have to write the code and stuff on it to make it read better wastes alot of space. Some of that might be true i feel like it would waste a little bit not that much i mean that means they are wasting nearly 40 GBs because it reads slower
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #4
PCN Master
Even if that's the case, PS3 games install all necessary files to the hard drive so the Blu-Ray disc read speed doesn't affect game performance so whatever 360 users are claiming is not really relevant. Besides even if the code takes more space because it's inefficient when you have almost 6 times the storage space of a dual layer DVD it doesn't really matter that maybe a few GB's extra of inefficient code exist.
Old 08-06-2009   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
If that is true, part of is mainly just the fact that its new. Developers dont know how to utilize Blu-ray yet, they were never given this much freedom of space before, they dont know how to utilize the lens to its fullest speed etc...Its not a PC based console, its something entirely new. Thats why lazy developers complain about PS3, they actually have to work, yet the devs that actually do it right, see what results we get? Have we seen a Killzone from a third party? MGS4? Even Resistance? no. Its all completely new and something developers dont know how to use correctly, so of course ps3 has alot left.

Even if you do figure it out, there are ways to doing it better that even Sony themselves will be impressed with. Write this line of code slightlty differnt, use that source instead, do this first etc....Thats what PS2 did. Near the middle of Ps2 life everyone thought "thats it, thats the max" then a couple games come around and raise the bar and people are going further and further up till the point of Ps3 launch. Who knew BLACK was possible on that level with a Ps2....

Hell 360 isnt a complete clone of PC so devs can still even tweek some things with it to get better results too.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #6
PCN Master
well i mean the Blu ray does read slower than the DVD that is a fact. lol and yes that is why i am laughing at Gabe Newell because the people are developing for the PS3 exclusivly right now are putting him to shame graphically right now and he cant say anything about it
Old 08-06-2009   #7
PCN Master
The only thing Gabe Newell could say is how the PS3 would be a failure or how Sony screwed up, but when time came around for EA's release of The Orange Box, all he could say is how PS3 fans would be impressed. Guess what, we weren't and now he just looks like a big whining XBOX fanboy who along with his developers can't develop for the "harder" system, he has to have EA do his dirty work. But on the subject of PS2 games, I remember playing through so many racing games on PS2 including Gran Turismo 3 and they looked great at the time, but then Gran Turismo 4 came out and I just remember thinking that was insane for the PlayStation 2, the amount of detail in the environments was astonishing at least to me, plus the photo mode that could churn out pictures you would want to print. If they could accomplish that on the PlayStation 2 how far into it's life, imagine what we have coming down the road for the PlayStation 3.
Old 08-06-2009   #8
PCN Master
have you seen the new trailer for GT5? i am not sure it was in game it looked amazing. and i really dont see how EA has maxed out the 360 what game did they do that with?
Old 08-06-2009   #9
SuperStaff
EA games look pretty good on 360, if you ever jump the fence and play a 360. Just take Madden for example, how many years has PS3 fan been complaining it sucks on the Ps3? I think this year is the first year its developed with PS3 from the ground up.

And the new Gran Turismo, man i watched that trailer more than anything at E3, i honestly cannot wait. Been waiting for ever, tired of these demo versions they keep releasing.
Old 08-06-2009   #10
PCN Master
o yeah we all know that is has been bad for the PS3 but they have confirmed that the PS3 verison is going to be built fromt eh ground up on the PS3 and not ported from the 360 verison?

do you know if that trailer was ingame though cuz i didnt catch whether or not it was
Old 08-06-2009   #11
SuperStaff
I think the stuff you see now is in game stuff. The gang tackling increase and what not, dont really see why Madden would have pre rendered cutscenes. Also yeah, i dont know if it was 2010 or 2011 that EA said they were switching to PS3 for the lead platform for Madden, but they did say they were switching.
Old 08-06-2009   #12
PCN Master
the ingame stuff iwas referring to the GT5 video. and ok i didnt hear that anywhere but then i again i cannot see every article ever written about everything lol. but that is cool i think alot more studios are starting to go that way now
Old 08-06-2009   #13
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
This is good news for Sony. I didn't hear that EA was switching to PS3 as lead. I did hear the dev team for Madden 09 perferred the PS3 version. I wonder if Peter Moore knows all this? Or should we say Tiburon is switching to PS3?
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #14
PCN Master
Same here, it's not going to make me buy the game anyway but it's nice to hear EA might finally learn from their mistakes although if they were actually trying to become a decent game studio they would need to improve a lot more than that to become a good one, starting with dropping the ability to pay $5 so you don't have to play the game to unlock everything.
Old 08-06-2009   #15
PCN Master
is this the same for NCAA football? because i have been kinda unimpressed with them lately on the PS3 and kinda wished i would have bought the PS2
Old 09-06-2009   #16
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I'm not sure who develops the NCAA franchise. The last NCAA franchise I bought was the 07 for 360. I am a big college football fan but have been unimpressed with all releases from about 04.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #17
PCN Master
well 09 really uped the grapics and what not and i think they added some stuff like online dynasty but it still feels like the same thing. and i am pretty sure it is EA Tiburon that is making NCAA Football as well or at least they made the older ones for the PS2 and stuff