Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PSP Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 08-06-2007   #1
Ace of Moderators
PSN ID: AcesHigh113
A New Psp In The Making???

Quote:
And not only that, it looks like it's coming later this year. There have been rumors ever since the DS Lite hit that Sony was also planning a redesign of its portable. Some of those rumors have ground in reality, some of them are just wishful thinking. Nothing official has been announced, and Sony has shot down any chatter regarding a redesign saying it's not happening. With all this, PSP2 looks to be a pipe-dream ? Like it's not happening.

Apparently, it is.

Various third party and highly placed sources state that the PSP2 is coming. Speculation is swirling around the industry, and third party publishers are hoping to tie their games to the PSP2 launch. Thing is, Sony has yet to pass along any information about when that will be. Meaning we won't see big third party titles at launch.

Word has it that a big announcement will most likely hit at E3 with Sony unveiling the redesigned portable. An announcement of launch date (which should be sometime 4th quarter) is entirely possible as well. The redesigned product apparently does exist as this is what we've heard so far:

* The screen is gorgeous
* The loads are faster
* Improved buttons
* Internal flash ? 8GB
* Possible touch-screen
* Possible built-in camera
* Uses UMD

The recent blockbuster success in Japan should prove that the PSP is anything but dead and deserving of a make-over.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/rumor-n...ing-242845.php

then this

Quote:
Keep in mind this isn't Playstation Portable 2, but rather a redesign of the original, so it will be sporting the same internal hardware. But that's about the only thing that hasn't changed. The new Playstation Portable will have a much slimmer design, thanks mostly to a new LED screen that will deliver an ultra-crisp image but take up far less space. That LED also helps pump up the battery life of this sexy new model, which can last as much as four times longer than the original PSP. While the new PSP still makes use of the UMD drive, it will be a faster version and to help speed up loadtimes and gameplay, the portable will come packed with 8GBs of internal flash memory. Finally, the PSP's much maligned buttons have been revamped and the D-Pad has gotten a major overhaul, giving portable gamers something more like a Playstation 3 D-pad to play with.

The company is still trying to decide whether or not they want to include a built-in camera, as they weigh whether the cost of adding the device will be worth the benefit to gamers. Our money is on no camera because of the competitive price issues. Those of you holding out for a touchscreen are, unfortunately, going to have to wait, though word has it that it will most like make an appearance in Sony's next portable gaming device. While the new PSP will remain black, Sony is still trying to decide whether it will have a glossy or matte finish.

The final price for this new PSP hasn't been set, but Sony is hoping to sell it for under $170 or so. Manufacturing should commence in the upcoming weeks, and the product is going to be officially unveiled at this year's E3. The sale date being tossed around is August, but don't be surprised if it's pushed back to September. What's this reworked PSP called? It doesn't have a name as of yet, but may we suggest "PSP Slim"?

Sony Computer Entertainment of America declined to comment on "rumor or speculation."
http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/psp-s...led-267108.php

Could this be??
Old 08-06-2007   #2
PCN Member
I've not heard of many products that are "near completion" and have not decided on some key features of it like a built in camera or even a name.

They have no hard facts, the decided to make a whole article on things that pretty much they would like to see in their PSP. That was built on lies.
moshakirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #3
The Moderator
they wouldn't change the PSP, if you've fully explored one, you'd know that there's no way in hell that they could make it smaller, with out removing the UMD drive, and anyway, its already too thin for some, if anything, it needs to be bulked out a lil'
Old 08-06-2007   #4
Ace of Moderators
well that wasnt the only news article i've seen, i've seen about 20 different ones, & i think that they are doing it because they need SOMETHING to boost their sales
Old 09-06-2007   #5
I own your soul! (Mod)
Touch screen eh? I wonder where they got that idea... <.< >.>

This sounds rather desperate, not like the DS lite, which was just another building block, not like a re-design. Also, inlcuding the umd drive in the newer one would be stupid. UMD's are old-tech and they cause longer loading times and smaller battery capacity.
Old 09-06-2007   #6
Ace of Moderators
well i read that touch screen is out of the question they are saving it for their next handheld, but they are upgrading the UMD drive so it can up loading times & stuff like that, but i had one & i hated it for the loading times i eventually took it back cuz it made me soo mad, but after hearing this i think i might get another one, especially cuz it has 8 GB of internal flash & an extended battery
Old 09-06-2007   #7
I own your soul! (Mod)
Bah I say, their console sales have been half of the DS's.
Old 10-06-2007   #8
The Moderator
only because

Child buys DS
Child breaks DS
child buys another DS
Old 10-06-2007   #9
I own your soul! (Mod)
What?

All of Nintendo's consoles are being toted as Family consoles, effectively, anyone can play them. So, of course they have to have some more childish games, and luckily for us, they're more creative than "Popular animated character's wacky adventures 23".

Anywho, if they were to release a psp without a umd drive (where most of it's problems arise from) then I would probably buy it.
Old 10-06-2007   #10
Ace of Moderators
well fer one i'm w/ matt zani, cuz i accidentally stepped on my brothers DS cuz it was under some blankets on the floor, & i broke the top screen & he got a new one a couple days later. but why would sony release a PSP w/out a UMD drive?? cuz that would cause HELL cuz if you get a new PSP, you cant play the old games, so what would they make the games on??
Old 10-06-2007   #11
The Moderator
if this ever happens (it wont)

theres going to be a slimmer, faster UMD drive, which will cure the problems, but for me its not bad anyway.
Old 11-06-2007   #12
but now if you backup your umd to an iso on your memory stick, then your loading is even faster, plus better battery life.
Old 11-06-2007   #13
Ace of Moderators
i think it is going to happen fer sure, just when is the question?? hopefully soon so i can get a PS3 then a PSP
Old 11-06-2007   #14
$ITE GANGSTA [MOD]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattZani View Post
they wouldn't change the PSP, if you've fully explored one, you'd know that there's no way in hell that they could make it smaller, with out removing the UMD drive, and anyway, its already too thin for some, if anything, it needs to be bulked out a lil'
sony can make anything happen and i will get a slim when it comes out!
juicyjuice107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007   #15
PCN Senior
it depends on how much it cost
Mr. 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007   #16
Ace of Moderators
i dont think it will go for the $170, it will definately be more, or they will lower the price of the other one
Old 21-06-2007   #17
PCN Senior
probably going to be higher than wii or atleast same price
Old 21-06-2007   #18
Ace of Moderators
nah, it'll be below $200, i think
Old 21-06-2007   #19
PCN Senior
below or at 200$ you know sony can't give a reasonable price on a console when first comes out
Old 21-06-2007   #20
Ace of Moderators
i know, huh?