Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: What is your opinion of 2009 for the PS3 so far?
Failure. 0 0%
Some what good. 0 0%
Good. 3 37.50%
Very Good. 1 12.50%
Excellent. 3 37.50%
Totally Frickin Awesome. 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2009   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
What is your view of the PS3 for the 2009 year?

I think, the PS3 lost some steam in late 2008 but so far the 2009 year (Killzone 2, MLB 09, Infamous) has been a great year and 2009 will get better with the upcoming 09 holiday releases. The PSN is getting better and better weekly and I think will be on par with XBL within months.

Looking at the second half I think they need a price reduction (not a new slim model). Also if they could pull off Gran Tursimo 5 before Christmas that it will blow the doors off the competion and Oh, sales will diffenitely increase with that title on the store shelves.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
it seems like every year is the year of the PS3 and then seems to disappoint but this one has been great and there seem to be great games coming out for the PS3 every year i mean alot more than the 360. as far as PSN being on par with XBL within months i have to disagree with that because i dont see them adding cross game voice chat or invites or voice messages before the end of the year
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #3
PCN Addict
What about the rumored new revamped XMB coming before the holiday? That would be a good time to add those features. I can see Sony getting most of those features in before end of the year.
Old 09-07-2009   #4
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
i wouldn't say it was totally excellent as we yet have to see a game where it moves up ps3 sales high but as for that, the game were pretty good
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #5
PCN Master
one i had not heard those rumor about the XMB and 2 that is just it they are RUMORS. but i still dont see them adding it they may be adding some big new features but i dont see those specific features
Old 09-07-2009   #6
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
i would think that they wqould make it more integratable with games as game producers having troubles with it.
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #7
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
The thing that sucks about this year is everything that was hyped has been delayed, like always. Now all the titles are spread out and it isn't as big as it was. I dont see why Insomniac and Naughty Dog (hopefully Zipper too) are pretty much the only reliable companies. Id throw in Gurrila games since they finished Killzone too. However Heavy Rain, God of War, all these games that were "coming out " this year are delayed.

However its still an amazing year for PS3. Uncharted, Ratchet, Killzone, Infamous, and hell Gran Turismo might be coming! Xbox has anothe Halo and Forza...congrats. Holiday season will be amazing and i cant wait to get my hands on these games. Its kinda hard to say its a good year this time of the year though, the last good game we had was infamous...
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #8
PCN Master
yea it is hard to say it was a good year but look ahead and you see how the year is going to be. but GOW has been pushed back so many times along with heavy rain and GT 5 that i just dont ever take their dates seriously until they actually come out and they never were really concrete dates it seemed to be more of a we are shooting for fall 2009 then it doesnt come
Old 09-07-2009   #9
SuperStaff
The only problem i see is dont say your "shooting" for a date then have sony hype it up so much for you to not follow through. GG said Killzone 2, 2008, it was done and ready to go in 2008. It didnt come out till 2009 because Sony wanted to give Resistance 2 breathing room, and stuff like that is understandable. I just hope they dont push back GT or Uncharted just because MAG and Ratchet are coming out though.
Old 09-07-2009   #10
PCN Master
i woudl think that Sony would want GT out as soon as possible. but yea i know it is kinda bad they say stuff like that then Sony runs with it and then it gets pushed back another 6 months to a year. but that is just how the business is going i mean i woudl much rather have them do that then have another SOCOM Confrontation on our hands aka put NOTHING in the game that was promised (and is on the box) then just patch it in 6 months to a year later
Old 09-07-2009   #11
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Its been an amazing year, without question it has the strongest software lineup of this year and currently the next
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #12
PCN Master
yea i think that you could call this finacial year the year of the PS3 easy that would put it until march 2010 which would then include GoW III and more then likely GT5 for sure and i believe Modnation Racers as well
Old 12-07-2009   #13
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
The only problem i see is dont say your "shooting" for a date then have sony hype it up so much for you to not follow through. GG said Killzone 2, 2008, it was done and ready to go in 2008. It didnt come out till 2009 because Sony wanted to give Resistance 2 breathing room, and stuff like that is understandable. I just hope they dont push back GT or Uncharted just because MAG and Ratchet are coming out though.
if they push uncharted and gt back i will have nothing to play except madden 2010 cuz im not gettin mag or ratchet

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #14
PCN Master
you should really think about getting ratchet because that game is really good i mean Tool of Destruction was really good
Old 12-07-2009   #15
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Why not, Ratchet and Clank is one great series, with almost infinite replay value and MAG should also be amazing, I mean 256 players in one match, what other game on a console can do that, Madden 2010 on the other hand will probably just be incremental "improvements" to the series and updated rosters.
Old 12-07-2009   #16
PCN Master
i would say that both Ratchet and Clank and MAG will be better than Madden 2010 i mean just play 2009. but i really can see why some people might not like MAG i mean i really dont even know if i am going to get this game or not. but you are right 256 has never been done before and i dont think it will be done for a while after this
Old 12-07-2009   #17
SuperStaff
Ill be in line to get MAG the day it comes out, thats all i got to say. and Ratchet, come on how can you doubt Insomniac? haha I stopped buying Madden at 2007 when i was mad about them not doing anything for the game, and the PS3 version was complete crap. So i said screw it, ill save 60 bucks a year.
Old 13-07-2009   #18
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I want to see the rumored new IP from insomniac, I think the rumor said it was named "Lock and Key"
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009   #19
PCN Addict
I think we can look at this debate in two ways. One way is on the delivered content so far in 09 and the future 09 "dated" content and to that I would say this has been a frickin awesome year for the PS3. Even though some of you only grade this year as good. I'm not understanding that but hey it's your opinion.

The other way to look at this is on the buisness side of the PS3 and that means sales. This is where is gets a little foggy for me. Yes the PS3 is in 3rd place on overall console sales but how could this be with all the great content it is putting out this year. Well, the answer to that is 3 major factors the first is price, the second is the fact that it is only 2yrs 8mnths old (xbox 360 is a year older), and the current state of the global economy. I think Sony has a plan in place (wether you agree with a slim model or not) for a price drop and current bundle packages being seen at retail stores. So I think in December we can look back at 09 and agree that this was a great year for the PS3.
Old 13-07-2009   #20
PCN Master
i think you shoudl base it more no the games and content that have come out for the PS3 because that is what will help sell the console and seeing as most of the games for 2009 are not out yet you cant really look at sales until after the year because they shoudl sell more during the christmas time.