Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion > Technical Support
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 25-07-2009   #1
"The New Guy"
question: Master accounts & sub-accounts. How do I create them?

My son got a PS3 for his bday. I created the first account on the system, and userd it to set up a PSN account. I don't recall being asked if I wanted it to be a master account.

My son, without telling me, created a new account for himself, and lied about his age to get onto PSN.

I want to know:

1. How do I check to see if my account is a Master Account?

2. How do I create Sub-accounts?

3. Can I change my son's account into a sub-account, or do I hve to delete it and create a new sub-account?

It is frustrating that this information is not clearly spelled out in the manuals. They say what a Master account and sub-account are, but they don't tell you how to create them. I logged into my PSN account, and went to Account Management, but there was no option to create sub-accounts!

Thanks!
mjschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Sub-accounts are created when you create a new user on your PlayStation 3, when you load the new user account, it will give you the option to create a PSN account.

What Multiple Users Look Like:

Each user on a PlayStation 3 can have a separate PSN account, now as you mentioned you created your first account which should be a master, the easy way to check is make a new user on your PlayStation 3 and at the account creation screen select Create New Account, enter in all details necessary, and at one point it will give you the option to create a sub-account, when you click this option it will then ask you for your account details so that the sub-account is tied to your master account, parental controls and all. If you are refused from making a sub-account it means yours is already a sub-account, although this shouldn't be the case. Sub accounts can NOT be created under any circumstance straight from your own user account. Your son's account is most likely a master account of it's own unless he had your account details and can't be changed, the most you could do is call Sony and have them terminate the account but you would need all the login credentials first to prove you have the right to do so. In any sense if you sucessfully created the sub-account you then need to check your e-mail address associated with your sign-in ID as it will have an e-mail from Sony to confirm sub-account creation to make sure you created it and not someone else.