Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Microsoft Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 18-08-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
XBOX 360 Failure Rate Around 54.2%

Well we probably all heard of the dreaded RROD and that the failure rate of the 360 being around 30%, well if a survey conducted by Game Informer and reported on by Consumerist is to be believed that estimate is actually optimistic because according to the survey's findings, 54.2% of XBOX 360 consoles have needed repair while 10.6% of PlayStation 3 consoles and 6.8% of Wii consoles have needed repair.

Meanwhile on customer service side of things, Microsoft once again lost, on average taking a month to replace/repair a console, while Nintendo and Sony were around one week for service or replacement. Also only 37.7 percent of Microsoft customers found customer service was "very helpful," while 51.1% of Sony customer service users and 56.1% of Nintendo customer service users found service "very helpful".

In the end though only 3.8% of current XBOX 360 owners have said they would never buy another XBOX because of console failure.
Old 18-08-2009   #2
PCN Content Provider
PSN ID: Y2DAZZ
Wow that's ****ing shocking. I knew it was around 30% but it's actually 50% ...wtf.

And this is one reason why I hate Microsoft, they rush out a ****ing broken console just to get a head of the compoition.
I seriously hope they get raped by a big ****ing nobbly stick for doing **** like this.
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009   #3
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
lalz, I've gone though 4 myself. My GF bought one six or so months ago and it still works fine. None of mine lasted six months. Sad thing is I always made sure to take good care of them.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
thats actually really sad, why would u buy a system that has a 54.2 % failure rating and it will take like a month to repair/replace it.

if I had a system that broke and it took them a while to repair, I would not go back to that company
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009   #5
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Ahhh that sucks. My ps3 broke a while back and it was torture not having it in the middle of my cod4 addiction! It was misery and misery is not something I would wish upon anyone, even xbox fanboys.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009   #6
PCN Master
Well apparently those XBOX fanboys have some kind of pill they can swallow so they don't feel the least bit guilty for buying a console that breaks so much, otherwise how in the world could so many people stick with such a faulty console, either that or they have evolved such tough protection they will find just about anything to throw back with to take their minds off their faulty consoles.
Old 21-08-2009   #7
PCN Addict
I keep my 360 around for the exclusives, that's it. Even those are starting to look not so great.. Gears of War? Meh.. I wont play it online so i'd only play it for the story. Splinter Cell? I liked the third.. Fable? I've played better... Actually I guess the only reason I play my xbox is to play Halo 3.

Old 23-08-2009   #8
PCN Master
Here's the even better bit, Microsoft has just come forward and there not even disputing the numbers, all there saying is:

"Microsoft stands behind the Xbox 360 as a superior entertainment console with one of the best warranties in the industry. We are constantly improving the design, manufacture and performance of the console through extensive testing of potential sources of any problems. Xbox 360 is pleased to maintain the title of 'most played console' and the vast majority of Xbox 360 customers have enjoyed a terrific gaming and entertainment experience since their first day, and continue to, day in and day out."

Maybe Microsoft is finally willing to concede, they have designed a system that fails and fails often and has required several revisions to get to the point where they have failure rates still worse than both the PS3 and Wii, just not nearly as bad as before.
Old 24-08-2009   #9
"The New Guy"
That's embrassing for that to happen. MS better acknowledge there mistakes with the X360 so they can avoid it in the future. My 360 had a problem with the disc tray, and I had to send it to MS. It took about 3 to 4 weeks to come back.
AJJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009   #10
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJJets View Post
That's embrassing for that to happen. MS better acknowledge there mistakes with the X360 so they can avoid it in the future. My 360 had a problem with the disc tray, and I had to send it to MS. It took about 3 to 4 weeks to come back.
hopefully they will. Even if Microsoft does admit the problem we will probably still have XBOX 360 fanboys who won't admit that MS made mistakes with the 360, suck I know
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009   #11
PCN Addict
It usually took about a month to get my 360s back, however the last time I sent mine it took only two weeks from the date that I sent it out. I will give them props for that, but sense it took a month the previous three times MS is still very much on my s**t list.

Old 15-09-2009   #12
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
It usually took about a month to get my 360s back, however the last time I sent mine it took only two weeks from the date that I sent it out. I will give them props for that, but sense it took a month the previous three times MS is still very much on my s**t list.
well, maybe its not that surprising if they take ao long to repair the broken 360s, maybe they get so many that it takes them a while to get to all of them

Tags
failure, rate, xbox