Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 18-09-2009   #1
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
Resistance 2 ending? SPOILERS

Was it a way of symbolizing that this is the end of the series? Saying that Resistance 3 will not come?
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Fixing your title so it has no spoilers lol.

As for it, no i dont think it was. He says "this is just the beggining" and I think we will either be playing a slightly changed Hale in Resistance 3 or whats his name that shot him. Losing Hale would be a big mistake in my opinion. I think what will happen is he DID shoot him, but didnt kill him. He will take him back to some scientists and they will have him fixed up by the end of the game, like a heart throb action.

Resistance 3 is coming, Insomniac will announce it probably early next year. They wont yet because Ratchet is coming out. So it will be Resistance 3 or that hidden game, as they only relase one game a year.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009   #3
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
great, if resistance 3 does come, then the series will go down in history as a great one... R 2 was good, but i felt it was too easy and short... Hope R 3 is anything but...
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009   #4
SuperStaff
I just hope its as dark and mysterious as the first one. It was so well scripted and done perfectly, the second one just didnt feel the same for some reason. Was more action movie oriented and less about the story, which i didnt like.

What i liked about the first is they kept the Chimera in the dark. So seeing their base and people getting converted was actually neat to me, and interesting. In the second it wasnt as effective and you didnt really care. I like to relate those things to the old Quake. When you walked into the torture chambers and what not in Quake you had a sense of hate towards the monsters and you wanted to beat them up, but at the same time in the back of your head your scared to crap. Then you get caught and thrown in one and its like "wow you have to be kidding, im so screwed!"
Old 18-09-2009   #5
PCN Member
PSN ID: Riarwe
Hmm, reading this makes me interested in buying the first one :P Only played the second one and it seems the first one is much more popular. Really liked the second one and played it like crazy both offline and online so I should get the first one also for the story, I need more time with all the nice games coming out lol.
Riarwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009   #6
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
I think they kinda made a mistake with Hale's character. In the first one, he's a silent protagonist, and then in the second they tried to give him a personality but he kinda came off as just your typical space marine douche. I would love to fight him in R3, or have some scenario where he's a bad guy, but right at the end he remembers he's a human and sacrifices himself to save earth.

Although, I also wouldn't want to be Capelli, either. Also a huge douche, he was my least favorite on the team. The only time I came to like him was in the last moments of the game, when you learned he grew to respect Hale.

Whatever Insomniac does, I hope they work on the story telling. From just the cutscenes in R2, the story was so minimalistic, but if you read all the intel they fleshed it out a lot better. Like how Dr. Malikov(I think that's his name, the good scientist) committed suicide, or the black squadmate's family back home, they coulda gone a lot deeper.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009   #7
SuperStaff
Thats how Batman is, the main story is good, but if you collect the riddlers the game opens up so much more. I think Insomniac needs to not do that as much, still open it up like that, but still have a hard core story in the main game.

Honestly I liked Hale as a leader and Capelli took a little while to respect but then you start to understand him . I rather be playing some hardcore douche of a leader then some wimp that hides in the corner when they fight then dies at the eyes of a monster.
Old 18-09-2009   #8
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Thats how Batman is, the main story is good, but if you collect the riddlers the game opens up so much more. I think Insomniac needs to not do that as much, still open it up like that, but still have a hard core story in the main game.

Honestly I liked Hale as a leader and Capelli took a little while to respect but then you start to understand him . I rather be playing some hardcore douche of a leader then some wimp that hides in the corner when they fight then dies at the eyes of a monster.
Hahaha, now you're polarizing. I think we can both agree that Solid Snake is leaps and bounds a better character than Hale, though he's neither a 'hardcore douche' or a 'wimp', but someone that falls in between.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009   #9
SuperStaff
Hale from RFOM is like a Snake though, kinda of quiet. Hale in Resistance 2 is just if Snake was pushed onto a squad and took the leader position. I mean Snake is awesome obviously, but you got to think if he was on a squad in a middle of a war like Hale he would be just as bad. They are both soldiers after all.

I mean look at Meryl for example. She was moderate quiet in the first metal gear where she is alone, put her on a squad and she is throwing out orders and being demanding.

Its just taking that roll of captain and being in charge of your squad. You cant really be a wimp and stay away from decision making and be quiet all the time if you leading a team into hell where they have a 90 perccent chance of dying.