Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 07-12-2009   #1
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
How sad is this...

I found this article featured on Yahoo. DONT CLICK if you dont want to support stupidity, ill tell you what it says below
http://customsites.yahoo.com/financi...l?ywaad=ad0035

Its a list of gadgets "people dont want to buy" this holiday. And PS3 is the number one item on the list. Why?

Well its gotta be the price? lack of ps1 support? Lack of netflix? lack of some random feature the ps3 now has? nope. People dont want to buy a PS3 because the battery in the controllers are not replacable. Yep you read that right. The Ps3 is COMPLETELY useless because the controllers batteries have such major issues with dying that you will be forced to buy a new one instead of replacing the battery.

If you have a Yahoo account go here
http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/1:50cd...stFormTextArea

Tell him whats up in the comments.

What do you think of this?

Last edited by Dustin S.; 07-12-2009 at 09:42 PM..
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #2
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
wut heck wut are they talking about my controllers dont die unless i play for to long then i just charge or if i throw it for getting mad lol and it breaks

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
you could also buy a controller on ebay that doesnt work and take the battery out of that one
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I always thought the rechargeable dualshocks were an unsung perk of owning a ps3
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #5
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
LOL.

But this is a benefit. WTF!!!!
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
they obviously don't know what they're talking about, the controllers for the Ps3 are great, it was probably just some 360 fanboy writing the article, 360 fanboys seem to make fun of PS3 controllers a lot
Old 07-12-2009   #7
SuperStaff
I looked up some of her articles, she really is clueless. Its probably just marketing paying the bills so they decide what she says. She tried to do a car comparison article that couldnt be anymore wrong too.

Either way the article is no longer on Yahoo's homepage lol.
Old 08-12-2009   #8
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
lmfao! wtf they last aaaages! and save the costs in batteries, by them time that completely dies youve probably sent double the cost of a new pad anyway, unless you get rechargable ones of course but still wth! lol
Old 08-12-2009   #9
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
ps3 controllers are better imo because wit the xbox if the battery runs out you gotta switch (i hate doin that at my cousins) and ps3 you just recharge

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #10
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I hope this author is hot because she sure is stupid... I have had my PS3 for 2yrs and have never had to replace the original sixaxis controller. My 360 which I have had since spring 06 I have had to replace the batteries twice and I don't even play it that much maybe like 5hrs a week on average. Also you can get a PS3 controller for about $43 on Amazon (which sells the 360 controller with play and charge for $49) so I don't know where she is getting her information.

Oh maybe her boyfriend preferred playing his PS3 than "playing with her"? yes that it a sexual pun....

First blogs have ruined sports, then politics, then Tiger Woods, and now the PS3.....What is the world coming to?

Last edited by glen421; 08-12-2009 at 11:32 AM..
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #11
PCN Senior
In regards to charging the only thing I hate about it is that the cord is way too short. It's too short for me to charge while I play. Still not a big deal though.
Old 08-12-2009   #12
Staff
This is so stupid, I've had my PS3 controllers (2) since launch, no battery problems whatsoever
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #13
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
It's Yahoo! lol, just about any gaming articles they run are trash.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #14
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
In regards to charging the only thing I hate about it is that the cord is way too short. It's too short for me to charge while I play. Still not a big deal though.
im sure a few third party companies sell longer ones, somewhere lol you can pretty much buy that style of cable from any pc shop also ;D
Old 08-12-2009   #15
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEN7xASSASSINx View Post
im sure a few third party companies sell longer ones, somewhere lol you can pretty much buy that style of cable from any pc shop also ;D
Ya, true lol. It would have been nice for a long cable to be included though.
Old 08-12-2009   #16
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
In my case I just used a dollar store USB extension cable with the stock cable, cost me $2 and it goes for several feet.
Old 08-12-2009   #17
1337 Sauce
Oh my god, my controllers never die unless like someone stated if I forgot to charge for awhile and then play for a long period of time even then if you plug it up and play with it plug up for about 30 minutes then you can unplug it and you are good to go. These people are ****ing idiots who in the hell wants to by batteries all the time when you can just recharge it makes no sense what so ever!!!

Last edited by saxxon20; 08-12-2009 at 06:48 PM..
saxxon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #18
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
In my case I just used a dollar store USB extension cable with the stock cable, cost me $2 and it goes for several feet.
can u get them at almost any dollar store?
thats a good idea
Old 08-12-2009   #19
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I got mine a A Buck or Two before they closed there locations down a year later, but I imagine any Dollarama would have something of the sort, not sure about any other dollar stores but those cords are useful because you can extend anything USB based.
Old 08-12-2009   #20
SuperStaff
If you guys want extensions there has to be a smaller PC store somewhere. They will sell the cables for what X Racer is stating. They usuelly will be in a bin with a rubber band around them, nothing fancy. I only say that because I see it in alot of PC stores, not just one.

Quote:
I hope this author is hot because she sure is stupid
Thought the same thing, but uhh no lol just search her name then click on the moneytalks (i think it is) website. Then look at the authors picture.