Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 05-03-2009   #1
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Who are the real good guys in Killzone 2?

I was just reading the background history on Killzone.com, and it's surprising how deep and well thought out it is. Really gives you a much better idea of why everything's happening and what could go down in the future. It also makes you wonder - who are the real good guys and who are the real bad guys in the Killzone universe?

To sum it up(as it is quite long):

Earth runs out of resources, UCN is formed to search for new colonies in space. UCN allows for privatization of colonization.

Private company Hellghan Corporation finds Alpha Centauri system with 2 planets, names them Hellghan and Vetka. Hellghan is the first to colonize another system, UCN lags behind due to money issues. Establishes a space station above Hellghan to collect resources, while the rest live of Vetka. The system becomes a hub between Earth/UCN and it's colonies.

UCN establishes the ISA as an organization to promote communication between colonies.

Hellghan system begins to become more independent, starts raising illegal tariffs on inter-stellar transport and trade. Forms it's own militia. UCN declares war, ISA takes over Vetka, Hellghan nationals flee to Helghan. ISA gradually becomes it's own entity based on Vetka, but still tied to UCN.

Life on Hellghan is rough, need masks to be outside, becomes a sign of low class life style. By the 3rd generation of native Helghans, they adapt to the harsh conditions, Scolar Visari is one of them. Visari comes to power during a depression, rallies nationalists, coins the term 'Hellghast', mask wearing becomes part of Hallghast identity. Invades Vetka to reclaim Hellghast rightful territory, put down by Jan Templar during the events of Killzone 1 and Killzone: Liberation.

UCN wants the ISA to continue to monitor Hellghan, containing them, but end fighting. ISA becomes suspicious of UCN intentions, invades Hellghan to end Scolar Visari's reign, leading to the events of Killzone 2.

Last edited by Nick; 05-03-2009 at 05:37 PM..
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009   #2
Staff
I wanted to start a new post for this.

Just reading the history, it makes me wonder if the ISA and Hellghan will eventually join forces against the UCN, an enemy of my enemy is my friend kinda situation. Maybe thats what we could expect in the next Killzone game?
Old 06-03-2009   #3
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
Would be interesting if that were to happen. :P Would be a little strange if the Hellghast were allies in KZ3. I mean they've been the big bad enemy for three games now. But if Halo can do it i suppose Killzone can.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #4
PCN Senior
The Helghast are awesome

Way more cool to play then than wimpy ISA forces... the Helghast are brutal and unapolegetic about it.

For Vissari!
Best death quote
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2009   #5
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
its amazing how deep the story though. should shut those stupid critics up now that said killzone does not have a deep story line lol
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2009   #6
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauberbmw View Post
its amazing how deep the story though. should shut those stupid critics up now that said killzone does not have a deep story line lol
Hahaha, I dunno, thing is, you don't find ANY of this info in the actual game. It's fair to say Killzone 2 doesn't really have a story, but the universe is pretty rich with it.
Old 16-03-2009   #7
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
yeah but when your objective is to keep yourself alive and kick their butts, do you really pay attention to the story
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009   #8
PCN Senior
I do, story is integral part of any game

If you want to mindlessly shoot people for no reason, just go online
For myself, a good storyline is just as integral to a solid production as much as its gameplay
Old 16-03-2009   #9
PCN Member
PSN ID: machado4
i agree with EIN, the story is the reason you play, the main reason you would continue to play the game over and over
machado4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009   #10
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Chrono917
Wow, I didn't know Killzone had a storyline like this. I just shot people... Didn't really pay attention to any of that stuff. I just knew about the basic ISA vs Helghast battle and that was it...
Chrono917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009   #11
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Ronster14
Actually I think it would be cool to see Sev join the Helghast forces because he finds out the true intensions. Maybe that his family are actually Helghast that stayed on Vekta. But because of Ricos ( I think that is his name ) hatred for Helghast he doesn't and he runs into Sev eventually. But their is something big about how KZ2 ended. I really enjoyed the ending. It was cool.
TacticalSiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009   #12
"The New Guy"
Now the long wait for Killzone 3 announcements... ]:
darthLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009   #13
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
Is it just me or is the KZ2 ending similar to that of Halo 2?

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009   #14
Staff
PSN ID: Kireinakiri
It doesn't HAVE to be a good guy in a story, sometimes that's what makes a good story.

Each side are holding up to their own ethics, holding up to their own justice and fighting the opposing side. It doesn't mean they are wrong, it's just that they have different believes.

You would have to look really deep into the game's lore to determine which ethics is the better ethics.
Kiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009   #15
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: EpicPenguin
I played Bioshock for a storyline. I played Killzone 2 because I could shoot other people online.
BloodyPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009   #16
The New Guy =]
PSN ID: Flightbolt
The games are definitely rich in story, but you have to look to find it. By the end of KZ2 I was already sympathizing with the Helghast, in particular on one of the loading screens about Vekta, it's revealed it originally belonged to Helghan Corp.

They get chased off their own planet for being financially successful, attempt to reclaim their own planet, then in turn get invaded. it's safe to say that Visari's last bit in the end of KZ2 sold me on the whole idea of rally one's nation and giving the people hope.

I'd say Barrack Obama meets Stalin.
Antonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009   #17
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonie View Post
..I'd say Barrack Obama meets Stalin.
LOL uh oh, I'm gonna sit back and see where this goes hahaha.
Honestly though, I didn't want to buy Killzone 2 because it looked like just any other shooter. So I bought it out of impulse, and I've been impressed so far with everything, including story. I agree though, the story should be told more in-game instead of all over the internet and such. Maybe in the next Killzone there'll be a long intro movie describing what happened? (Hint to Guerrilla Games. ;] )
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009   #18
PCN Senior
more like Hitler than Stalin... you didnt see the similarities and parallels the devs made on purpose? Even Visari's intro speech in Killzone was based on one of Hitler's speeches at the Triumph stadium or something like that