Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 18-08-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
More Fuel to The Fire

According to Engadget some more evidence is available that the slim PlayStation 3 exists. Specifically, this recently released K-Mart ad:

Also K-Mart and Sears online websites are now taking pre-orders for the console.

Now unless at this point someone has made a royal screwup in two stores, this is definitely going to happen, just have to wait for an announcement from Sony today so that it's absolutely proven it's coming.
Old 18-08-2009   #2
Playstation ZEALOT
PSN ID: Cyphers_Lock
I'll keep my biggie. I just wonder what they've cut out.
Old 18-08-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Knew it was going to happen from the first shots of the box
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009   #4
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Did they announce anything at all at gamescom yet or what lol.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009   #5
PCN Master
It's a reality, it hit BBC 30 minutes ago that Sony officially announced the console at GamesCom.
Old 18-08-2009   #6
PCN Content Provider
PSN ID: Y2DAZZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
It's a reality, it hit BBC 30 minutes ago that Sony officially announced the console at GamesCom.
Yep plus it's now on the front page of the site.
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009   #7
PCN Master
Couldn't ask for more and if you think about it, one of Sony's worst kept secrets has also been a great marketing campaign for them and it hasn't cost them big bucks to do it.
Old 18-08-2009   #8
Playstation ZEALOT
PSN ID: Cyphers_Lock
I still say they could have easily put in BC and the extra ports. Not about to give up my "fatty" any time soon. But I am keen to see what the price drop will be. Finally, Sony gonna take back its Godfather position!
Old 18-08-2009   #9
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I'm thinking the PS3 will get more users. hopefully anyways
Old 18-08-2009   #10
SuperStaff
I think the slim is ugly lol. Im a fanboy to an extent, but its ugly and there is no denying it. I should save my comments for seeing it in person because i said the same thing about PSP Go till i got to play it.

I think i should go to the store and buy another fatty before they are gone.
Old 18-08-2009   #11
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
I think the slim is ugly lol. Im a fanboy to an extent, but its ugly and there is no denying it. I should save my comments for seeing it in person because i said the same thing about PSP Go till i got to play it.

I think i should go to the store and buy another fatty before they are gone.
me to i wanna get there before they sell out cuz tomorrow is the day its 299 AMAZING DEAL!!!

EDIT: for the 299 is there specific GB models that are only 299 or is it every single ps3 system

PS3: It only does everything

Last edited by trediddy; 18-08-2009 at 07:15 PM..
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009   #12
PCN Master
Well a quick check around some Canadian retailers websites shows they dropped the price today, both Futureshop and Best Buy have dropped their prices to $299 Canadian and the 160GB is now $399. Still waiting for The Source, Zellers and Wal-Mart to do the same although The Source and Wal-Mart lately around here only carry 160GB models anyway and Zellers only had 1 or 2 80GB's left.

EDIT: After studying the Futureshop listing some more, there even continuing the deal they have had going where you receive a copy of MotorStorm: Pacific Rift with the purchase of an 80GB console. So for $299 you get the console and a half decent game to boot.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 18-08-2009 at 08:01 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009   #13
SuperStaff
Im guessing 160GB is going a 100 down, but not 299. It would be nice if they keep that one around and keep it at the higher price. Give people a chance to buy the nice model.

Sony official announcement said "starting tomorrow" however Bestbuy and pretty much all the other stores have their 30 day price match gurentee, so why even both just go ahead and drop it today.
Old 18-08-2009   #14
PCN Master
Well Engadget got their hands on a unit today and they have a wonderful photo of the console.

They also confirmed the hard drive is swappable and that from the pictures the power supply appears to be internal, not external as many thought it would be. Also the power and eject buttoms require you to click them like a mouse, they are no longer touch sensitive. Overall not as bad looking as some of the Sony shots made it look like although I still wouldn't buy one.
Old 18-08-2009   #15
SuperStaff
I think they can get slimmer to be honest. Wouldnt be surprised if a slimmer of the slim came out in like 2 years, maybe sooner. Thats what 2011? So yeah i can still stick with PS4 announcement at 2012. Being Sony that means it wont be out before 2014 and it will be leaked in 2011 haha. Would be a good cover up to just announce another slim, people would be like "oh well thats nice. "
Old 19-08-2009   #16
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
Well Engadget got their hands on a unit today and they have a wonderful photo of the console.

They also confirmed the hard drive is swappable and that from the pictures the power supply appears to be internal, not external as many thought it would be. Also the power and eject buttoms require you to click them like a mouse, they are no longer touch sensitive. Overall not as bad looking as some of the Sony shots made it look like although I still wouldn't buy one.
WHAT!! no longer tounch sensitive i liked that feauture ALOT!!

and there is only two USB ports so for like the guitar hero and rock band what would u do about that?

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009   #17
PCN Master
All Rock Band sets for PlayStation have always included a USB hub which turns one USB port into 4 since PlayStation Rock Band sets work on the PlayStation 2 as well which of course only has 2 USB ports, unsure about Guitar Hero but 3 models of PlayStation 3 already exist (40GB, current 80GB console (one existed at another time with 4 USB ports), 160GB) with only 2 USB ports so it is a problem they already took care of.

Tags
fire, fuel, ps3, slim