Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 25-01-2009   #1
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: ShadowassassinX
Killzone 2

I, personally think it will be one of the best games of 09. killzone 1 was good back in the day and still (sorta is) so how do people think it will be?
ShadowassassinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009   #2
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Tacitcal_Fox
Only one way to tell, PLAYING THE REAL Game. As for what we know now I'd say it'd be up there in one of the greatest Ps3 FPS, But as for game of 09 That'd have to go God Of War III
ZeroXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #3
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Coheebria
Not that I'm hating on KZ2, but I find it odd that the sequel is the one getting all the acclaim. What I'm saying is that usually it's the original in the franchise that covers new ground, such as Halo did with the original version, but oh well I guess, I'm sure KZ2 will be an awesome experience.
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #4
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
I blame that famous CG trailer and the in game version of said trailer, which in my opinion looks better than the CG version. Anyway, i think it was those two videos that kept Killzone 2 in the news for a few years now. The hype has been building up for what, 3 1/2 years now? people are excited the wait is almost over and that they can get their hands on a game they've wanted for years now. I can understand where all the acclaim is coming from.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #5
1337 Sauce
yeah, but what I'm saying is that the original KZ is virtually unknown whereas if you mention Halo to the casual gamer they'll know what you're talking about. That's not the case with KZ. I just find that a bit odd. It's not like the FPS genre snuck up on anyone, and they haven't claimed to bring anything new to the genre, so what did they do this time that deserves all the acclaim? Is it just the graphics? If so, I can understand that, since no matter which way you slice it, graphics will always be at the forefront of media hype.

All I'm saying is that if it's not just the graphics and they have "perfected" the FPS genre, what prevented them from doing that the first time around? Either way I'm looking forward to the game just like anyone else. I'm just providing food for thought
Old 03-02-2009   #6
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
And good food it is. :P I think the reason Killzone 1 failed as far as becoming Sony's Halo is because
1) The developer hasn't been around that long, they're fairly new and when they did Killzone they where still learning and all that. So naturally they're going to mess up a little here and there.
2) The game was rushed. When you played it you could tell that it still needed to be polished quite a bit.
3) The PS2. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with PS2 it's just not much of a powerhouse when compared to the xbox.

And yeah, I do thing it's the graphics. :P

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #7
1337 Sauce
all good points, I think i'll agree with you on all of those :)

i'm just glad they were able to make it happen this time around and not wait for the 3rd time to be the charm
Old 04-02-2009   #8
"The New Guy"
I personnally have no idea but I do know that the recent reviews say that the online play is awesome. I need some Killzone2 I'm burnt out on WARHAWK.
Dockwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009   #9
"The New Guy"
i agree we`ll only know till we play the actuall game!!!! but it actually looks pretty good XD
evan_ronaldo_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009   #10
PCN Member
PSN ID: machado4
i tryed the demo and it was pretty good! but i more excited for the online
machado4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009   #11
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: SamuryKyo
I agree

True, but I'm tired of Resistance 2. Theres no DLC at all for Resistance 2, the new updates suck because match making its worst now.They took out double melee its just bad. The only thing that keeps it up its the online 30vs30 thats all. But Killzone 2 its gonna be so AWESOME nice graphics good online. (****z) As soon as Killzone 2 comes out theres gonna be a DLC fast and its confirmed for new maps or weapons. I'm bored out of my mind. I want Killzone 2 NAO!.
Old 15-02-2009   #12
I haven't played the demo but I will be getting the game launch day. I'm concerned about all the talk about "lag" when shooting but a lot of gamers say they don't even notice it.

As far as graphics go, some reviewers are saying it's better that the infamous CGI. Nobody mentions that MS did the same thing. Remember those Halo 3 TV commercials? Halo 3 looks nothing like that. Many of the NPC's have boxy ears and many of the textures look flat. The part in the hanger looks particularly hideous. I think the CGI was a good thing. Sony set the bar high and matched it. MS did not.

My Games: Resistance 2 - FEAR 2 - Brother's In Arms: Hell's Highway - Motorstorm Pacific Rift
GamerSince76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009   #13
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Ronster14
I can easily see this game getting Best FPS and Game of the Year. It has been hyped to hell and back so I find it hard to see it getting anything less.
TacticalSiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009   #14
PCN Member
PSN ID: machado4
i heard that the snipers will be able to go invisible, and there is a character where you can just change team, this will be a gd game but somewhat aggravating
machado4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009   #15
"The New Guy"
btw machado ya it was pretty gd when i first played it your house the graphics were really good and i like the game play wounder if this game is actually worth buying ???
evan_ronaldo_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009   #16
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I just got Killzone 2 a couple of days ago, and so far it is pretty cool, I have been way too busy to play it a lot though, but I wanna try it online
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009   #17
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i never really got into Killzone 2 there was just soemthing there that felt off to me. i just couldnt get behind it like i coudl COD4
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009   #18
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Loved Killzone2 and still do. Then went and bought Killzone1 and Killzone Liberation.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009   #19
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
lol really? how is Killzone 1 in comparison? and isnt liberation on the PSP?
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009   #20
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Killzone1 is not that good especially considering it was hyped as a Halo killer. I wasn't impressed (major control issues and graphical problems) but I just wanted to know the story more than anything. Yes Killzone Liberation is on the PSP and I think it is better than Killzone1 on PS2 IMO.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote