Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation Network
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 06-02-2009   #1
"The New Guy"
Hi, I'm from Italy, I am here to ask a question about 2.60 firmware! :P

Hi, I'm from Italy, I am here to ask you somethings about the news on the PS3 Firmware 2.60 problems and the updated information from Sony.
I have read this news from "console-tribe PS3" one big italian forum on the PS3. The source for the news was your site and i really wish to ask you something about this news.
I have also read that Sony say that the problems are coincidence and maybe the bad download of the firmware can couse problem on the BD Drive unit.

So, i would like to let you see a poll thas is open in the "console tribe PS3" forum, i can traslate you the "poll answers":
The poll answer is: "Hey guys have you got problems with PS3 2.60 Firmware???"

In red is write: "SI" that mean "yes"
In Blue is write: "No", ok lol, mean NO ^_^
In Yellow is write: I have not installed the 2.60 firmware on my console.

The link so you can understand what i mean: Click

So, there are 16 red, and 72 no. This is strange don't you think? Are not 16 "yes" so much on the 72 "no"?

I have a new ps3 from 2 day, is "fresh and clean", I have never update the firmware on my PS3. There is installed just the default firmware. I have the nightmare that Sony is
lying on this news, and the BD drive unit, with this 2.60 firmware, could be a cause of big stress for the hardware BD drive. I have fear that Sony lye and the firmware colud damage or break PS3.

Just in theory: how could be possible that a software like a firmware can smash a BD drive unit? In Italy many pepole say that is a think never heared before on hardware systems in general. What hell of bad work are doing Sony develoers if this things are true? Are they conscius of the stranges?

Thanks for help, and really really sorry for my bad english!! ^_^

THX!!!

Daniele, Italy

Last edited by danielsaaan; 06-02-2009 at 01:04 PM..
danielsaaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #2
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
Sony, if they haven't already, may release a new update to fix the so called non existent problem. If you're afraid of having your console messed up by the update go ahead and wait till 2.70 firmware update comes out or an updated version of 2.60.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #3
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
the problems associated with the 2.60 update is not as major here as in Europe. Sony is saying that it is in fact the firmware that is causing the BD lens to burn out. But they are not covering it under warranty so if yours burns out your out a couple hundred.

if i were you, wait until sony fixes the glitch in their firmware and don't update till you get the news that firmware 2.61 or higher is released.
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #4
"The New Guy"
Hi guys and thanks very so much for all support about this firmware questions: I really wish to "translate" (lol) you some of the comments posted on the forum poll that I have linked before (sorry again for my english. I really understand that is horrible, please forgive me! XD)

Ok, first look again at the poll, it look now at 21 yes 17.65%, and, 86 no 72.27% (with 12 pepole, 10.08% update 2.60 not installed). This forum is of the biggest in all Italy.

Pepole in Italy in -all forums- really, are asking if this firmware give problems, or are all coincidence. This, just because there are some pepole sayng that are taking problems. In past, after past update firmware, this situation not was presented.

1) So, in forums some pepole have alredy told that they have found (only after the update 2.60), slow downs like "swap" in some points of the games, that they have -never found before- but no problems in Blue Ray playback.
2) Some pepole told that the BD Drive is totally smashed.*
3) And many other told that have got no problems with this update.
4) The, minor part of pepole, have already bought a PS3 and are asking "but what the hell"!! ^_^

* ..this guys told that -Sony Italy- (SONY Italia) is -really- lying about the real price for Blue Ray unit repair costs at the "official Sony assistence center" (spread throughout Italy):
they told that in Italy they take -250 euros- that is -a lot here- when in the rest of the world costs really not like this so much (new PS3 console can be found at 300 euros with special offers in really many big stores of all Italy, some times with 2 games included in bundle).

Ok: I'm terrible about speaking english!! I hope you have understand what i have written. If not, please I really wish if you can quote the point where is incomprehensible, i can write again in different way. :)

Hi and thanks really really much again for suppot and halping to understand this question!
I have posted the link for this discussion in the "Console-Tribe PS3 forum" and "Everyeye forum", two fantastic and big forums!!
I wish if you can speak italian language to read this cool forums! :)

Daniel
Old 07-02-2009   #5
PCN Addict
Sounds like Sauberbmw is right, (not that I doubted him) the 2.60 update issues are a much bigger problem in Europe than it is over here in North America, and I wonder why that is. It's the same firmware update isn't it? Even if it is in a different language?

I'm not so sure Sony is lying about the price to replace the Blu-Ray lens. I'm sure the lens doesn't cost 250 euros, but you have to work into the price the fact that they handle all the shipping, labor, any other parts that are needed, and other stuff I'm sure, plus they have to make some profit. Doesn't surprise me that it costs that much.

Old 07-02-2009   #6
"The New Guy"
Bloody Inferno!!! :) This is making me very much agitated, becouse I dont want that pepole get fear about this things. So, I'd love if you could give them an optimistic assumptions about the assumptions of this problems! ^_^
..for example, how can we explain that a firmware (software) can smash a Blueray player (hardware)?
Old 07-02-2009   #7
PCN Addict
That question I have no idea how to answer. I don't know enough about software and hardware to explain it. You would need to find a programmer or someone along those lines that answer that question. I think the most optimistic thing to say is that Sony knows there is a problem with the 2.60 firmware update (even if they wont admit it) and that they are working on a fix for it.

Old 08-02-2009   #8
"The New Guy"
Thanks for explanation! ^_^
I wish very, but really, very much, to know the email address where to find Sony to write them about our discussion, and about the italian forums that are talking about this things (presumed guilty).
Just to wake up they, if they are lying.
So, your site have talked with sony recently, please, can you help me to find the right address to write them (in my personal "negative-bad-english-language", of course! ^_^)

Then it would be a beautiful thing, for people worried here in Italy, if were your own website to contact Sony again, for explaining that the Italians forums are very agitated about firmware 2.6, and some users have come directly to your own site for asking help! It would be really total for all Italian readers! Really friends, trust me!! ^_^

Thanks again!!

Daniel

Last edited by danielsaaan; 08-02-2009 at 12:21 PM..
Old 08-02-2009   #9
The Creator
Site Admin
PSN ID: popiul99
Hello Danielsaaan,

Unfortunately we cannot disclose our SCEE contact, however you may have better luck looking through this website: http://www.scee.presscentre.com/cont...?NewsAreaID=30

It seems that there is an Italian contact there...

Goodluck! :)
Old 08-02-2009   #10
"The New Guy"
Thanks you, thank you very very much! ^_^
Have a nice day!! ^_^

Daniel
Old 09-02-2009   #11
The Creator
Site Admin
PSN ID: popiul99
No worries! Keep us updated :)
Old 09-02-2009   #12
"The New Guy"
Hi guys ^_^, I have alredy open a new forum topic in Italy. I asked people if they have got any problems after installing firmware only via PC download --> USB pendrive.
Sony said that problems was caused from a "bad download", but could this be possible if the download was taken from a PC (pen drive), and not from the PS3 connected in internet?
What do you think about this answer?
Old 09-02-2009   #13
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
i don't get what Sony means by a "bad download?" do they mean that you got disconnected while downloading it, or it was interrupted or restarted?
anywho, they need to get off their asses and fix this before they scare away more people
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #14
"The New Guy"
For exemple people say that PS3 by default have an utility, that ceck the installation file, before that the system update start after the download. Like a checksum, I can imagine. So, why this checksum dont work when -should- work? This is so much strange! Maybe some people have downloaded -also- a corrupted Checksum program before? XD This look impressive!! XD