Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Nintendo Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 04-06-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Wii will die now?

after watching E3 do you think that the fact that both Microsoft and Sony have better "motion controllers" than the Wii will finally kill off the Wii or do you think Nintendo will come out with something new or do you think that people will just buy a Wii because that is the "cool" thing to do now for casual gamers?
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Nintenod's showing at E3 was rather weak and they have been struggling to get third party developers on board with good games, while I realize Nintendo has released numerous good titles for Wii, you can't sustain a system on your own software, somebody has to be there to give it some variety. Why do you think there are so many stories of people buying the Wii and after a few months it collects dust and they go out and buy the 360 or PS3. If Nintendo doesn't have anything else major to offer than the console is definitely headed for second or third place this generation. I mean when someone at your own company admits the Wii is being pushed to the limit already you know there's a problem.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #3
PCN Master
it was definately better than their E3 last year though. i think it is just hard to devs to get behind the controls and whenever they realease a "hardcore" game it sells like CRAP
Old 13-06-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
honestly, I don't think it will die because of all the casual gamers who buy it's stuff, but I don't think it will get stronger or anything
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009   #5
PCN Master
it will definately be interesting to see what happens though. like how well the PS3 and 360 stuff does and if they see a drop in Wii sales once they get released
Old 18-06-2009   #6
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
it will definately be interesting to see what happens though. like how well the PS3 and 360 stuff does and if they see a drop in Wii sales once they get released
It will definitely be interesting, I won't deny that
Old 18-06-2009   #7
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
The fact is, the Wii won't die because of this. People who already have PS3s and 360s will probably buy the motion controllers, but people won't buy these consoles for the motion control. Not only that, but the Wii is still the cheapest console on the market, which is the #1 reason for its great sales. Also, franchises like Mario, Zelda, etc, all sell really well, and those are the only tings that other console companies will never get from Nintendo. Like it or not, the Wii might even sell better now with the demand for motion control getting stronger.
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009   #8
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonzie View Post
The fact is, the Wii won't die because of this. People who already have PS3s and 360s will probably buy the motion controllers, but people won't buy these consoles for the motion control. Not only that, but the Wii is still the cheapest console on the market, which is the #1 reason for its great sales. Also, franchises like Mario, Zelda, etc, all sell really well, and those are the only tings that other console companies will never get from Nintendo. Like it or not, the Wii might even sell better now with the demand for motion control getting stronger.
Exactly what Tonzie says, the Wii will always sell may copies, but I wouldn't say that I dislike the Wii
Old 18-06-2009   #9
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonzie View Post
+1

Not to nitpick or be a deuschefag but the 360 is the cheapest. Other than that this man speaks the truth.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009   #10
PCN Master
yea the 360 is the cheapest but i dont really count the arcade edition as a console anyways. So good pointthere Tonzie
Old 24-06-2009   #11
PCN Master
Quote:
yea the 360 is the cheapest but i dont really count the arcade edition as a console anyways. So good pointthere Tonzie
not to sound n00b or anything, I don't even know the difference between the different types of 360's
Old 24-06-2009   #12
PCN Senior
Quote:
You don't consider it a console? I don't see the logic behind this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r View Post
not to sound n00b or anything, I don't even know the difference between the different types of 360's
Pretty much just hard-drive size and if the hard drive is included at all. I could be mistaken but I think all but the arcade come with a headset. Some have different added bonuses as well.
Old 24-06-2009   #13
PCN Master
the arcade doesnt come with the hard drive or headset and basically makes it more expensive than other consoles and still you basically NEED a hard drive to download all the extra stuff these days. The reason that i say it doesnt really count is because i see NO real value in it.
Old 24-06-2009   #14
PCN Senior
Quote:
the arcade doesnt come with the hard drive or headset and basically makes it more expensive than other consoles and still you basically NEED a hard drive to download all the extra stuff these days. The reason that i say it doesnt really count is because i see NO real value in it.
hmm, my wii excludes these items as well. Come to think of it so did my old n64, snes and game-cube. I guess those weren't consoles either. A hard-drive isn't necessary depending on what kind of gamer you are anyways. I consider myself a hardcore gamer but I never download downloadable content. I don't enjoy talking on the mic either. The arcade would most likely suit my needs.

Last edited by Jordan; 24-06-2009 at 06:41 PM..
Old 24-06-2009   #15
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
The Arcade though still needs a hard drive for certain 360 disc games as they require a hard drive to actually be playable. I don't know the list of titles that require a hard drive, nor do I know how large it is but it's a problem for Arcade owners. Then again the Wii isn't innocent either since if you want to store anything on the console, i.e downloaded songs for Rock Band, Virtual Console games, etc you have to go out and buy an SD card which is easy to lose or break if you have a few of them.
Old 24-06-2009   #16
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
The Arcade though still needs a hard drive for certain 360 disc games as they require a hard drive to actually be playable. I don't know the list of titles that require a hard drive, nor do I know how large it is but it's a problem for Arcade owners. Then again the Wii isn't innocent either since if you want to store anything on the console, i.e downloaded songs for Rock Band, Virtual Console games, etc you have to go out and buy an SD card which is easy to lose or break if you have a few of them.
Ya I don't think it's a big problem. My girlfriends brother has an arcade and plays many popular titles without the need for a hard drive.
Old 25-06-2009   #17
"The New Guy"
once the new wii bowling ball accessory comes out, breaking tvs and lamps and skulls.
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009   #18
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
im not saying that it isnt a console im just saying that the way they are marketing the 360 you need to have a Hard drive i mean the updates alone require you to have memory and i knwo you can buy those little memory cards
Old 25-06-2009   #19
PCN Senior
Quote:
im not saying that it isnt a console

Quote:
yea the 360 is the cheapest but i dont really count the arcade edition as a console anyways.
hmmmm
Old 25-06-2009   #20
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
You don't consider it a console? I don't see the logic behind this.

Pretty much just hard-drive size and if the hard drive is included at all. I could be mistaken but I think all but the arcade come with a headset. Some have different added bonuses as well.
thanks Jordan