Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Nintendo Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 19-07-2009   #1
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
One thing wii did CORRECTLY

Ok i know wii is not the greatest and even speaking its name can get you banned from game conversations, but it does do some things right. Im not talking about Smash Brothers here.

Instead i was playing with a Wii today believe it or not and noticed they did something neither of the other two offer, the controllers. Not the motion sensing but the speakers in the controllers. Your bat in baseball cracks when you hit it at the controller, things like that makes it really neat and i never payed attention to it till now. Imagine if PS3 controllers had that?

The other thing is they try to offer a variety of experience in the console as well. Right from the home menu you have so many differnt options, not like PS3 options, but feature that even 360 doesnt offer (or is trying to steal).
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I think the Wii's low price point helped it loads. I think this generation will serve as a learning experience, a $500 console is not a sustainable effort.

I am expecting next gen consoles to hopefully max out at the sweet spot of $299 like
the PS2.

I've yet to see the remote speaker work in a way that wows me, but Nintendo has a reservoir of some of the
best talent in the industry and the hardcore titles should remedy this soon enough ( Im looking at you Zelda )

What variety are you talking about Dustin, the channels?
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
The channels yeah, potential is there if all else failed. Turned out all else didnt fail so its just wasted potential to me. Its like Sony, if Ps3 wasnt selling in third place all the extra features PS3 offers now would be wasted potential.

The controllers though, not the greatest like you said, but its literlly on the edge of breaking the fourth wall. Im just thinking what if PS3 games can offer that, a major WHAT IF. I hope they intregrate it in the new motion controllers.

As for price of course cheapest will always win, well unless your gamecube, but i think PS3 is suffering because of the recession. In our eyes the recession isnt THAT big of a deal to do such a thing, buut overall if you look at things its a major concern. In a thriving economy where people are opening their wallets just like they used to, i think PS3 sales alot better along with the 360.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
If it wasn't for the recession we would definitely have a different gaming landscape, but for now people get suckered in by the Wii's low price made possible by old hardware which scares me, because if that's the way to success in game companies minds, next generation could be a very low leap for games if the prices need to be around $300. The Wii's potential though at the moment is almost non-existent, as it was already stated by Nintendo officials that they were already pushing the console to the limits and there hasn't been any games that truly rival anything the PlayStation 3 or 360 has to offer, I mean hearing the controller crack like a bat is cool, but it's on a terrible speaker, I rather hear it through my sound system in Surround Sound.
Old 19-07-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
the Wii controllers are really cool