Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: Think sony will do it?
Oh yeah why not? 4 44.44%
Na they wont waste their time. 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2008   #1
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Panzerdemon
PS3 Backwards Compatibility

Do you guys think that sony will release backwards compatibility in one of the later firmware update because the 80 gig is actually all software emulation so i don't see why the 40 cannot do it it would be very simple and after it is all said and done sony might make all their money back and more cause i know i would go out and buy some ps2 games cause they are cheaper and some fun ones that i haven't gotten the ability to play i think it would be a smart move for them to make all the systems backwards compatible i have seen many rumors for this what do you guys think on it?
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #2
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Kaiboy12
I think they probably will not. I think that this would be a smart thing to do, and especially if they charged like $50 for this. I have a 60GB, so I'm fine, but I think it would be really smart of them to do this.
Kaiboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #3
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
they won't waste their time. not many people play their old ps1, ps2 titles on the ps3 and the 40gb version is supposed to be the cheaper model anyways.

ps. i have a 60gb version too
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #4
1337 Sauce
you can play ps1 games on the 40 gig just not ps2 games.
Old 12-11-2008   #5
MOD
oh well thats stupid, it should be able to play ps2 games instead of ps1
Old 12-11-2008   #6
1337 Sauce
i agree with you except it should be able to play both of them :P
Old 13-11-2008   #7
1337 Sauce
Yeah it definitely should be able to play both of them. But, it's just too expensive. People are still complaining that $400 is too expensive. If they add PS2, it will be much more expensive. I also think they should bring back the 4 USB slots instead of 2.
Old 17-11-2008   #8
"The New Guy"
I don't think that Sony is all that interested in backwards compatibility, and I don't see why you can't leave your PS2 hooked up if you're still playing all your old games.
ZachLott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2008   #9
1337 Sauce
i went from ps1 to ps3 so i never owned a ps2 or i wouldn't have to worry about this problem but they have software backwards on the old 80's i don't know why they cannot throw that into a firmware.
Old 17-11-2008   #10
1337 Sauce
That's exactly what I think Reno, maybe it's a really big download or something.
Old 26-11-2008   #11
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: GameGuyPete
Nope. There are plenty of PS2 units out there to play those games on... and software-based backwards compatibility is just not the same thing. Even on my 80GB unit that has software-based BC built in, the performance is mixed. Some games have visual issues, others glitch up, and still others just don't work. I use my PS2 to play my PS2 games on... just like I play my PSone games on a PSone, instead of my PS2 or PS3.
Peter Skerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008   #12
MOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Skerritt View Post
Nope. There are plenty of PS2 units out there to play those games on... and software-based backwards compatibility is just not the same thing. Even on my 80GB unit that has software-based BC built in, the performance is mixed. Some games have visual issues, others glitch up, and still others just don't work. I use my PS2 to play my PS2 games on... just like I play my PSone games on a PSone, instead of my PS2 or PS3.
so true thats why the 60 model was discontinued, it was too expensive to build and had hardware emulation instead of software
Old 27-12-2008   #13
"The New Guy"
Ps3 160 gb

Everyone seems to be talking about only the 40Gb and the 60 GB, does the 160 GB have backward Comp and play the PS2 games
adcontech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008   #14
MOD
No New ps3 models have backwards compatability since sony wants to focus on promoting their ps3 instead of old systems/games