Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 23-06-2009   #41
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Oh yea Im definitely with you in believing in the power of word of mouth
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009   #42
SignOfZodiac
Dido! About 78% of those who play games or own any systems did it/do it because someone told them to.
Old 23-06-2009   #43
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I just want to question 2 things

1 Why is the Media is the only people making a HUGE deal out of PS3 sales? Its such a BIG deal that Sony is "not selling well" yet why is Sony not freaking out about it? Maybe Sony is somewhat happy with the way things are going? Explaining there lack of advertising. You dont see many PlayStation ads, yet PS3 is selling well, which proves PlayStation brand sells itself.

2 Why are people "boycotting" Activision already? 1 They havent done anything yet, they just said (like all other companies) Sony needs to lower the price so they can in turn sell overprice periphials. Then boycotting now is not going to do a "whole lot" with the game they have planned coming later this year. Tony Hawk and call of Duty are probably the two biggest titles in gaming history, yes Tony Hawk is TERRIBLE now, but that still leaves us COD6 (Sorry EIN :) ) which is predicted to have the biggest sales week in history for all entertainment formats. Your "boycott" will do nothing because of this.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009   #44
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post

1 Why is the Media is the only people making a HUGE deal out of PS3 sales? Its such a BIG deal that Sony is "not selling well" yet why is Sony not freaking out about it? Maybe Sony is somewhat happy with the way things are going? Explaining there lack of advertising. You dont see many PlayStation ads, yet PS3 is selling well, which proves PlayStation brand sells itself.

2 Why are people "boycotting" Activision already? 1 They havent done anything yet, they just said (like all other companies) Sony needs to lower the price so they can in turn sell overprice periphials. Then boycotting now is not going to do a "whole lot" with the game they have planned coming later this year. Tony Hawk and call of Duty are probably the two biggest titles in gaming history, yes Tony Hawk is TERRIBLE now, but that still leaves us COD6 (Sorry EIN :) ) which is predicted to have the biggest sales week in history for all entertainment formats. Your "boycott" will do nothing because of this.
The media is making a big deal about it because the king has been knocked
off his throne, sony commanded the top spot since it entered the console
race and decisively did it. With them not slipping to 2nd, but last, it raises
a few eyebrows ( I expected a less than stellar performance from the PS3
when this happened though)

As for activision, they've really begun to throw their weight around since
they've become number one in publishing, them going after Tim Schafer's Brutal Legend really annoyed me, the EA guy said it best them suing EA
is like "a husband abandoning his family and then suing after his wife meets a better looking guy." A boycott may not impact them financially and I dont think he is under
the impression that it will, it's more of a morality thing

Last edited by SaintAvi; 23-06-2009 at 02:53 AM..
Old 23-06-2009   #45
SignOfZodiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post

I am Boycotting.. Because their lack of respect and there ties with Microsoft. If you didn't know Microsoft is paying folks to attack SCE. Anyway, also for the fact that they don't fully support there own games so I don't like them.

COD is one of those "My friend has it" games. Meaning it's not that great and play it because there friends play it. It's just like Socom, people got it because all there friend had it. Not because they like it.

Now days if you notice people play games for trophies only and not to have fun gaming.. Just like XBL

It's about 12% of true gamers left these days if I may say so!

Last edited by SignOfZodiac; 23-06-2009 at 03:07 AM..
Old 23-06-2009   #46
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
Going a few posts back, you were talking about how minimal ads were sufficient...

I'll tell you my own experience..I've been a gamer for a lot of yrs now, with the PS2, PSP and PC.

But PS3, it's a total new genre. PS2 and PSP have nothing to do with the PS3 or the Xbox.
Finally when i graduated to being a PS3 owner, i was a novice to all the games. I did'nt know about what the third party games were, what the PS3 exclusives where. Only through forums like these, and review sites like ign and gamespot, i am increasing my knowledge...

I moved on to the PS3 only because my laptop was losing its "last yr's best configuration" status and the games where out growing it. Crysis took my poor laptop to the launderers by the way... It was a decision between a XPS and a PS3, and i chose the PS3.

Mind you, i used to go on to gamespot even when i gamed on the PC, but then never bothered to look into the PS3 site. I personally feel a few jaw dropping PS3 ads will do a hell a lot of good.
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009   #47
SignOfZodiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Going a few posts back, you were talking about how minimal ads were sufficient...

I'll tell you my own experience..I've been a gamer for a lot of yrs now, with the PS2, PSP and PC.

But PS3, it's a total new genre. PS2 and PSP have nothing to do with the PS3 or the Xbox.
Finally when i graduated to being a PS3 owner, i was a novice to all the games. I did'nt know about what the third party games were, what the PS3 exclusives where. Only through forums like these, and review sites like ign and gamespot, i am increasing my knowledge...

I moved on to the PS3 only because my laptop was losing its "last yr's best configuration" status and the games where out growing it. Crysis took my poor laptop to the launderers by the way... It was a decision between a XPS and a PS3, and i chose the PS3.

Mind you, i used to go on to gamespot even when i gamed on the PC, but then never bothered to look into the PS3 site. I personally feel a few jaw dropping PS3 ads will do a hell a lot of good.

That's cool! Just remember not to get pre-motivated over ads. For there like bad women. They seem good, then you buy it and WTF.. Example: [PROTOTYPE] is very bad..

I do understand you, but I bet you I told you about it you would go buy it before you laptop got bad. :)

I just saying it's not that important, that's all..
Old 23-06-2009   #48
SuperStaff
Ads ARE important, but i think Sony is more than happy right now letting their products do the advertising for them. Look at Valkalye Chronicles. The game sold like crap back when it came out, now its back on the top selling list and its a few months out. Why? Because the people that did buy it talked about it, the reviews gave good comments, and people became interested. The same thing is happening with PS3. While the numbers seem "low" to the media, i gurentee at least 1 person in every group of friends has a PS3. Its that one friends job to tell his friends about it and get them interested in Killzone or Resistance.

I remember those kickass ads Sony had a while ago with the Saliva song and the PS3 blew open to show off games and movies and what not, the trailer was awesome. It grabbed ALOT of my friends attention and people were talking about it. I think Sony needs another ad of the same caliber this holiday season. But hell, have GT come out in november and just advertise the crap out of that and it will have the same impact.
Old 23-06-2009   #49
SignOfZodiac
Maybe I am old fashion.. I don't wait for ads nor depend on them to make up my mind if I want it or not. Ok, ok! You can have ads.... I don't need them, for I like to be surprised.. And I do things for me not others. I Stand Alone as a individual..

SOZ..
Old 23-06-2009   #50
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignOfZodiac View Post
Maybe I am old fashion.. I don't wait for ads nor depend on them to make up my mind if I want it or not. Ok, ok! You can have ads.... I don't need them, for I like to be surprised.. And I do things for me not others. I Stand Alone as a individual..

SOZ..
We arent saying they are there to make your mind up, it's function is just there
to get it's name out there. I think its great you dont need to rely on advertisements to learn about upcoming releases but we can not apply your
situation to everyone.
Old 08-07-2009   #51
PCN Master
Update guys, the head honcho of SONY itself, Howard Stringer.

On the comments from activision stopping its support for the PS3,

Quote:
"He likes to make a lot of noise. He's putting pressure on me and I'm putting pressure on him. That's the nature of business."
Yowza, a little more spicey than you are used to hearing right
on the topic of a price cut he says

Quote:
"I lose money on every PlayStation I make, how's that for logic."
Someone sounds grumpy
Old 10-07-2009   #52
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
He brings up the point though, Activision is whining like a little kid about the price being too "high" and Sony slaps them in the face with the facts, why would Sony take an even bigger loss on every console just to shut Activision up. If they want to leave, go ahead, see how much you lose in sales and reputation, we could easily do without the countless Guitar Hero Sequels and most of the other games they publish. The only major loss would be the Call of Duty series, but with Resistance, Killzone, M.A.G, and such I think we would all survive.
Old 10-07-2009   #53
SuperStaff
It will never happen, so dont count on it. I gurentee they pull stupid crap like that, not only do they lose pure PS3 owners but they tick them ALL off. Those that own both 360 and PS3 will not buy their games, people will boycott them, and alot of bad talk will be said about Activision. Dont believe me? Ask Valve....
Old 10-07-2009   #54
PCN Master
I think everyone saw Kotick for what he was doing, that guy is the biggest hypocrite in the industry, "Lower your console price! How else will people be able to afford more of my $200 chests of plastic"

Stopping support for the ps3 is akin to that old saying, cutting off your nose to spite your face
Old 10-07-2009   #55
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I don't expect or plan on counting on Activision to cut PS3 support, they would be dumb to do so, I was saying if for some reason they had the guts to do so, we wouldn't miss them, it would be a case of "Don't let the door hit you on the way out". But it's definitely this kind of talk that gets you in the same crap as Valve, although I don't think anyone can pass the level of Gabe Newell dumbness or fatness for that matter.