Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 28-03-2007   #21
1337 Sauce
They do seem similar but I'm pretty sure they are made by different comanies, Jak and Daxter is Naught Dog and Ratchet and Clank is, insomniac I believe, I could be wrong on that one though?
PS3FreeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007   #22
PCN Master
oh yeah ratchet and clank is made by insomnaic i do know that for sure....jak ad daxter yeah i think they are made by naughty dog becuase looks like there style of game.......thx for info
puggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007   #23
The Moderator
yeah the manufacturer's are right, insomniac for R&C, Naughty Dog for J&D, but they work closely, both games had a tendency of coming out on the same day, same version in the series, both had comedy side's, neither was more serious, but they captured different markets.

Matt
Old 29-03-2007   #24
PCN Master
yeah i noticed the comedy sides
Old 31-03-2007   #25
1337 Sauce
They both should look sweet on NEXT GEN HARDWARE!!!!!
PS3FreeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007   #26
PCN Master
are they even coming to next gen? it be a shame if it did not though
Old 01-04-2007   #27
The Moderator
R&C is, dunno about Jak

Matt
Old 01-04-2007   #28
PCN Master
well i thought r&c was...but never heard about jax
Old 09-04-2007   #29
1337 Sauce
Jax is on the back burner, they have a new franchise they wanna launch with ps3
Old 09-04-2007   #30
The Moderator
R&C hasn't been made by Insomniac this time, it was a co-developer. insomniac too busy with RFOM.

Matt
Old 12-04-2007   #31
PCN Addict
I still need to check out some R&C games for ps2, but all I hear are good things, so sounds like a safe bet!
Old 07-10-2007   #32
1337 Sauce
Holy Crap! The Ratchet & Clank Demo is Awesome!

Woah! I just got a copy of the demo disk for Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, and it is absolutely AMAZING! The demo disk contains the entire first level of the game, and it was given to people who pre-ordered the game. I bought mine of Ebay for $5 shipped.

It is easily the best looking game on PS3 right now. Insomniac Games did all of the development work on this one, and it shows. They're using the proprietary game engine the developed for Resistance, and it looks and plays like a freakin' Pixar animated film.

I'm not sure when the demo will hit the Playstation Store, but when it does give it a try. I've been playing it all weekend, and I'm still floored by it. I didn't really pay attention to this game before, but now I know it's a must have game for the PS3.
kingofgrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007   #33
PCN Senior
yeh i play jax&dexter more, but rachet and clank was my first game
Mr. 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #34
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
Your first first game?

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #35
PCN Senior
Didnt really like J&D that much but R&C was my favorite game that was like that, i.e. Croc,Spyro,Jak&Daxter etc etc.

Playstation3 Games:Resistance:Fall of Man,The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion,Ninja Gaiden Sigma,The Darkness,Enchanted Arms,GRAW2,RainbowSix:Vegas,Heavenly Sword,Warhawk(Retail),Folklore,Bladestorm,Nucleus.
auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007   #36
Staff
What did you guys think of the demo? I just downloaded it and played it. Pretty awesome a little short but definitely peaked my interest in the game.
Dankir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007   #37
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
Haven't played it.

Don't have PSN

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007   #38
Ace of Moderators
PSN ID: AcesHigh113
i dont like those kinda games. i only like games like extreme sports, first person shooters. and racing games. thats it.
Old 17-10-2007   #39
1337 Sauce
this is from the thread on vgevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabokovfan87
ok, i think i should start by saying this is my second r&c demo (first was psp game size matters) and i have never played a ratchet and clank game at all.

some major issues:

1. the camera: it is too far away (object block me from seeing character), and it is always too low (creating cinematic feel, but i want it at shoulders like normal)

2. the backgrounds: there is a lot going on. sometimes i get lost in watching it, and i get hit for it by the enemies.

3. controls: there are 2 buttons to shoot (o and r1) there should only be one. r2 should be mapped to the gun selection, and hopefully i will be able to change it in the retail release.

now, before you get all irked let me just say that i enjoyed the game, and quite frankly i enjoy the series. the game is far from perfect, i always like to point that out, but it is better then many other things i have played on the ps3. (like the nhl games)

there ya go, enjoy.

-nabokovfan87
nabokovfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote