Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 21-01-2011   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
KZ3 Updates

Hey chaps, KZ3 is almost upon us and as the release date inches closer so
does the frenzy of media info increase as well.
Heres a few bullet points about various facets of the game
  • Killzone 3 clocks in at a fat 41.5GB and requires no install
  • Later this month Home will take on a Killzone flavor, where you can earn
    multiplayer unlock points for KZ3 by completing challenges within home
    or preordering KZ3 from within home
  • Some of the first reviews for KZ3 are in, opm UK scores it a 9, polish website
    gamezilla also scores it a 9
  • If you are interested in the trophies you can earn, peep a full list here, safe to say it'll prob have
    spoilers
  • Well have a KZ3 multiplayer beta starting feb 3rd

Last edited by SaintAvi; 21-01-2011 at 11:23 PM..
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011   #2
PCN Master
Guerilla has given us multiplayer map info, the EU ps blog
also gives us a glance at some multiplayer action
Quote:
Maps:
Quote:
CORINTH HIGHWAY

Key Features:
Warzone-24 players
Exos
WASPS
Mortar Beacons

Level Description:
Once the home of Scolar Visari himself, this upscale district on the banks of the Corinth River is now the site of intense fighting between the Helghast and the ISA. Though largely untouched by the nuclear blast that destroyed much of Pyrrhus city, the partially collapsed highway stands as testament to the intense fighting that has ravaged the area in recent months. WASP rocket emplacements and capturable Mortar Beacons will help even the odds against the exoskeletons that dominate the highway.
Quote:
PYRRHUS CRATER

Key Features:
Warzone - 24 Players
Guerrilla Warfare - 16 Players
Miniguns
Mortar Beacons

Level Description:
In the ruins of Pyrrhus, nuclear Petrusite flows from the blast crater, twisting itself around the mangled remains of this once bustling city. The ISA have established research stations to analyze the Petrusite, and the Helghast have already started to harvest the Petrusite in order to weaponize it.
Quote:
BILGARSK BOULEVARD

Key Features:
Warzone - 24 Players
Miniguns
Mortar Beacons

Level Description:
After weeks of fighting, ISA and Helghast forces are deadlocked. Recent flooding has forced both sides to take shelter in buildings bordering a major thoroughfare. Pitched battles roll through the tight alleyways and building interiors daily but the long sightlines make crossing the road a dangerous proposition. Who will break the stalemate?
Quote:
TURBINE CONCOURSE SE-6

Key Features:
Warzone - 24 Players
Jetpacks
Miniguns

Level Description:
In a last, desperate attempt to escape Helghan, the ISA have launched an assault on the 'Tharsis' space elevator. Jetpacks and Minigun emplacements will give an upper hand to anyone that can secure them. Recent fighting has damaged the turbine powering the elevator, causing a malfunction that produces intermittent EMP discharges. A nearby blast crater serves as a valuable source of nuclear Petrusite but the Helghast will not hesitate to sabotage if it means stopping the ISA.

Quote:
FROZEN DAM

Key Features:
Warzone - 24 Players
Operations - 16 Players
Mortar Beacons

Level Description:
Abandoned for years, the dam facility in the frozen south has recently been occupied by the Helghast who are using it as a forward operating base to co-ordinate their presence in the region. Controlling Mortar Beacons and the numerous Tactical Spawn Areas is key to securing this sprawling facility.

Operations Description:
After having identified this frozen dam as the Helghast base of operations, the ISA have been instructed to secure the docks and then destroy the dam. Sweep through the shorefront facility and bring the dam crumbling to its knees!

As Helghast it's your job to safeguard the dam facility. The ISA force is on their way here to destroy the dam. Make sure they fail!

Quote:
AKMIR SNOWDRIFT

Key Features:
Warzone - 24 Players
Operations - 16 Players
Snowstorm

Level Description:
Helghan is a planet of extremes and nowhere is that more evident than here, in the frozen wastes. Violent snowstorms are common in the area, which has recently become a flashpoint of fighting between Helghast and ISA forces vying for control of the mining and radar operations in the area.

Operations Description:
Even in these inhospitable conditions, Helghast and ISA forces fight for control of a tanker loaded with valuable cargo. As Helghast, it's your job to ensure that the ISA do not gain access to and steal the cargo ship. As ISA the objective is simple. Secure the cargo, at all costs.

Quote:
MAWLR GRAVEYARD

Key Features:
Warzone - 24 Players
Operations - 16 Players
Mortar Beacons
Crusher

Level Description:
One of the few remaining active scrap yards in the region, the Sukmere Pit is a vital processing facility. An intricate conveyor system runs throughout the yard, transferring detritus from the southern-most pit to the train station and crusher in the north of the facility. Many a careless worker has died trying to cross the yard when the crusher is active.

Operations Description:
The ISA are attempting to use the facility's conveyor system to transport a power core to the abandoned MAWLR in the north of the Sukmere Pit. If they succeed they can restore power to the MAWLR and give the Helghast a little taste of their own medicine.
Quote:
KAZNAN JUNGLE

Key Features:

Level Description:
Amidst the wreckage of a downed ISA Cruiser, the survivors of the failed evacuation of Helghan fight for their lives against a Helghast enemy bent on their annihilation but they are not the only predators in the area; the jungle, the plants and insects that call it home are friend to no-one.
Old 22-01-2011   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
that looks really cool, but I don't know if I'll get it for a while, since I wanna save money, but those maps look great
Old 23-01-2011   #4
PCN Member
That jungle map looks good. I think i may just end up pre ordering it, even though I dont want to spend my money too much.
LewisJ999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011   #5
PCN Master
the home minigame is actually kinda fun, i recommend you guys check it out if you havent
already
Old 03-02-2011   #6
PCN Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsRzG...layer_embedded

Found this online, bruuuuutal
Old 03-02-2011   #7
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Awesome video....I think I will place my pre-order today..
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #8
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Everyone playing the beta? Im so impressed with how much the gameplay has improved. Its still a little clunky, but overall just awesome.

I can see things like spawn camping, invilsible exploits, and other things becoming a problem by summer though.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #9
PCN Master
I'm probably gonna get the beta soon
Old 03-02-2011   #10
PCN Master
tried the beta, couldnt get online [guessing network overload], but the controls felt pretty good when I tried a bot match.

I think Bad Company 2 may still have an edge over it but I'll still pick it up
Old 04-02-2011   #11
SuperStaff
Yeah ive been playing bot mode too. Pretty sure this beta is just to get servers adjusted, so its understandable.

Playing online is an entirely differnt story. Some reason its harder to aim and bullets never connect. Noobs are at a massive disadvantage.
Old 04-02-2011   #12
PCN Addict
Just seen a couple of mixed reviews about KZ3 on Metacritic. Which throws me for a loop. Still a day one pick up for me....I assume PS3center is reviewing this titile?
Old 04-02-2011   #13
SuperStaff
Yeah we will have a review, it will most likely be Shak reviewing it.
Old 04-02-2011   #14
PCN Master
seems the biggest reason its losing points doesnt have to do with the gameplay, just the story.
Old 04-02-2011   #15
PCN Addict
Not sure whats going on here. My 1st question is why are these reviews coming out so early? I figured that any story would be better than Killzone 2. Not that KZ2 was bad it just really didn't have any but the gameplay was great.
Old 04-02-2011   #16
SuperStaff
I hated Killzone 2's story, but Killzone 3 ( at least from the beta) feels like its going back to the roots of killzone 1, which I loved.

The reviews are out early because Sony is marketing the hell out of the game, its coming out in an off time of the year and they are receiving positive reviews from the big sites. They have so many other titles releasing this year, its not like it matters lol.
Old 04-02-2011   #17
PCN Master
They did this with killzone 2 as well, the reviews went up about 2 weeks prior.

I think they have a bunch of potential with the world theyve built but arent harnessing it.
If they were willing to paint the Helghast as being a product of an uncaring imperialist
ISA they could add waaay more texture to their games by bringing up elements of
morality and the roles of soldiers following the orders of not so straight and narrow
leaders.
Old 05-02-2011   #18
SuperStaff
I think Killzone 1 did a good job of showing that. The guy was twisted and messed up and the entire climax was showing this. It basically showed how Helghast were nothing more than Stormtroopers programmed to do as they were told.

If im not mistaken some even started fighting with the good side?
Old 05-02-2011   #19
PCN Master
I got the beta, don't really know what to think.
I kinda found that it was really similar to Killzone 2, I'm probably wrong though.
I'm probably gonna play it again soon after the Black Ops double exp weekend is done.
I still don't think I'll get it for a while due to my limited budget
Old 05-02-2011   #20
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
i rlly like the killzone beta.. this is the only other FPS online shooter ive played other den COD so its a change and ii like it cuz u dnt see ppl getting 80+ kills and havnt lagged out of a game like i do in black ops half the time

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote