Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation Network
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 19-02-2008   #1
"The New Guy"
PSN cash cards (prediction)

Yes I know a lot of people can't wait for them to come out but the question was always win. On the PS3 blogs said early 2008 so I'm wondering. What month you think it would come out?

I believe it will deffinately be out by the time of my birthday which is in April.

---------------- Now playing: Lupe Fiasco/Unkle - Hello/Goodbye (Uncool)
Shinigami Misa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008   #2
World Domination
Site Admin
PSN ID: Nicarlo
yeah I look forward to seeing this also. I suspect PCN having a couple contests when they come out giving them away to the PCN members :)
Nicarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008   #3
"The New Guy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicarlo View Post
yeah I look forward to seeing this also. I suspect PCN having a couple contests when they come out giving them away to the PCN members :)
Oooo... I'm sooo extra glad that I joined! I'm determined to win them all! Muhahahaa (I'm cute with the evil laughs)

---------------- Now playing: Lupe Fiasco/Matthew Santos - Superstar
Old 19-02-2008   #4
World Domination
Site Admin
There isnt many good games that i would want to buy through the store. In a way i wish we could purchase all the games from the online stores so I can get the games right on their release date.
Old 19-02-2008   #5
"The New Guy"
Then that takes away the fun of making fun of the little kid who didn't get the game yet you got the last one or the rush and joy of getting it. You feel so lucky when you finally get it. Because it has sold out everwhere and you feel on top of the world! lol
Old 19-02-2008   #6
The Moderator
i dont really care, just using my parents card atm, thats cool with me, so far probably spent atleast ?60 on the store, its all good :D
Old 31-08-2008   #7
"The New Guy"
Right now (AUG2008) you can only get cash cards through midwest/east coast branches like Meijer but it's going to change soon. They're coming to Blockbuster, 7-Eleven and Rite-Aid in September.
snowflakecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #8
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
sounds cool, hope its secure though

i think they should release titles early in the psn store with people with enough credit to get the games
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #9
I think that the PSN cards are a fairly good idea. I don't see what's taking Sony so long to roll them out though.
Old 01-09-2008   #10
MOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by svalbard View Post
I think that the PSN cards are a fairly good idea. I don't see what's taking Sony so long to roll them out though.
same reason as home, or the problem is probably home
Old 11-09-2008   #11
"The New Guy"
They should be out some time this month at 7-11s and Blockbusters everywhere.
OldSnakeWontDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008   #12
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Bestbuy and walmart are carrying them, i must say they are the most basic cards ive ever seen. I saw a 5, 20 and 50 card.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #13
PCN Senior
You have to remember that these cash cards aren't exactly necessary to PSN, and that Sony is just desperate for any and all means of making up money. The purpose for these cash cards is so that kids who don't own credit cards can go online and actually buy stuff without their parents knowing or consenting. I actually went out and got myself one because I was curious, and the things are pretty cheaply made. In fact, the PSN input system for the cash cards seems really sketch, and it wouldn't surprise me if Sony did away with the system altogether in about a year or two. There just isn't enough content online right now to justify their existence.
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #14
World Domination
Site Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN View Post
You have to remember that these cash cards aren't exactly necessary to PSN, and that Sony is just desperate for any and all means of making up money. The purpose for these cash cards is so that kids who don't own credit cards can go online and actually buy stuff without their parents knowing or consenting. I actually went out and got myself one because I was curious, and the things are pretty cheaply made. In fact, the PSN input system for the cash cards seems really sketch, and it wouldn't surprise me if Sony did away with the system altogether in about a year or two. There just isn't enough content online right now to justify their existence.
your right about not having enough content online at the moment but i see it all changing. Id like to see Sony add the options of buying the hard copy as well and have them shipped to your address. Think about how much more money they would be able to make by doing that and how much more of a demand the game cards would be. Although i think it is unlikely for this to happen one can always dream
Old 10-11-2008   #15
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Panzerdemon
they will definitely be coming out with lots of online content maybe if the developers of the game would start making some more PS3 DLC then it would definitely justify their existence right now the only online game i am worried about getting is Pixel Junk monsters cause me and my friends love to play that one even though i just found out with the newest demo they gave us a new tower for free Ice Tower ftw! lol
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #16
Staff
PSN ID: Nikhil
I think we'll really see the PSN take off after Home comes out later this year. It'll be a great medium to promote games, and I think that it will boost sales of PSN games especially.
Nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #17
MOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
I think we'll really see the PSN take off after Home comes out later this year. It'll be a great medium to promote games, and I think that it will boost sales of PSN games especially.
yeah especially since everything is going to be integrated with home which is crazy
Old 11-11-2008   #18
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicarlo View Post
your right about not having enough content online at the moment but i see it all changing. Id like to see Sony add the options of buying the hard copy as well and have them shipped to your address. Think about how much more money they would be able to make by doing that and how much more of a demand the game cards would be. Although i think it is unlikely for this to happen one can always dream
You know I was thinking almost the same thing, it would indeed boost sales. But they'd have to install some sort of infrastructure, or cooperated with some big delivery names, and I somehow don't see Sony doing that in the near future, what with the world economy going lower and lower.

Someone mentioned something about DLC, and I felt that i just had to let something out. DLC is borderline ridiculous. They are using microtransactions to SCREW YOU for content they ALREADY CODED into the game. DLC just lets you access them. Now I know this isn't true for alot of games out there, but look at Soul Calibur 4 or Guitar Hero. I mean, the code for that stuff is ALREADY there, it's already written in, it's not like they wrote up something new for you to buy and install. They just locked it at launch and charge you 3 months down the line claiming it's "new" content! And people do it!!! What a cash cow.
That's why these cash cards are around, to help this system along.

Oh and I totally agree that they will take off when Home is integrated. But how long will the trend last?
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #19
MOD
depends on what you can buy. if you can buy new releases earlier than in store than yeah they will be around for a while.
Old 11-11-2008   #20
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Panzerdemon
some DLC is free like with haze i think some developers should do more stuff like that to encourage the people to keep the game and show them that they care about their players.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote