Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > PC Gaming
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 08-05-2009   #1
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
What about Sims 3?

All these topics about other great games, an no sime?! Geez you guys haha.

Well Sims is a huge game for me and finally Sims 3 is coming out in June! Its going to offer a full life neighborhood, im guessing with the new render techniques these days it makes it all possible. Then they FINALLY fixed the motives and actual simes, no more going to the bathroom 50 times in an hour! haha. Then everything is fully customizable and they are adding even more to the movie making aspect, i used to make sims 2 movies all the time so this is exciting. Hopefully the game has a cool online aspect too, would be cool to play with others or something of that sort, no not sims online style.

Ive seriously owned every sims game on every console ive ever had, PC (all the expansions) PS1 (yes there were PS1 version lol) and PS2 (including urbz), PSP, GBA. I cant wait for Sims 3 its going to be amazing and a huge waste of time lol! If i disapear for years after june 2 you know why (joking) but i seriously get hooked on this game.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #2
World Domination
Site Admin
PSN ID: Nicarlo
i dont think this will be a game that i will buy. I remember it was a huge hit when the first one came out but over the years.. i find that it became pointless with no real goal.

A great time waster though
Nicarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicarlo View Post
i dont think this will be a game that i will buy. I remember it was a huge hit when the first one came out but over the years.. i find that it became pointless with no real goal.

A great time waster though
Sims games are a good way to waste time, I must admit
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
o yea i used to play the original when i was bored and like man i want to kill of like an hour or so i will play the sims. but this new one seems pretty cool
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
After purchasing the entire original Sims set only to find EA coded it so bad you can't install the entire set on Vista despite it being not very old when Vista came out, turned me off, plus I haven't seen the point in buying more, no matter what the gameplay is still the same, you control people's actions and how there lives run and the PS2 version is enough for me when I really feel like playing, plus I still have a sealed copy of The Sims 2 for PS2 to crack open one of these days if I feel like I need more features.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009   #6
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Sims 1 installs fine on my vista computers. Sims 3 is more of a real world, like you are doing more than just your house. Sims 2 was all about having a life span, you live and die, was kind of annoying.

My favorite sims games are on PS2 though. They have that story in them which are really fun. I hope they release a Sims 3 on PS3.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
sims 1 works fine on my vista computer i have 64 bit business.

i never played the console sims i thought they woudl be dumb seems more like a PC game to me
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I could get the original game to install fine, I wanted to install all the expansion packs, but somewhere through the process the whole thing would get screwed up and it wouldn't work, so now I have a bunch of useless disks laying around and I don't have the space anymore on my laptop to try again. If I just wanted what the original game provided I would have just stuck to the PS2 versions. I know they didn't have as much content but they are simple, easy to pick up and enjoyable.
Old 19-06-2009   #9
"The New Guy"
The Sims 1 doesn't work on my Vista computer, but who knows.

I've owned just about every Sims game made so far and have to say it's a great game. Not to mention that it's also really fun to torture and kill Sims too :)

I would just recommend buying on the PC or Mac. The game is terrible on consoles. Only the original Sims game was kind of good on the PlayStation.
sDwh is offline   Reply With Quote