Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PSP Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 04-11-2005   #1
1337 Sauce
Custom PSP backgrounds

Custom Backgrounds on the PSP

There are 12 months in a year, thus 12 possible backgrounds for the PSP. You MUST rename the bitmaps you download to XX.BMP (XX represents numeric two digit month)

examples:

* 01.BMP - January
* 02.BMP - February
* 03.BMP - March
* 04.BMP - April
* 05.BMP - May
* 06.BMP - June
* 07.BMP - July
* 08.BMP - August
* 09.BMP - September
* 10.BMP - October
* 11.BMP - November
* 12.BMP - December

Remember the following rules when using a custom background - the image must be:

* a 24-bit Bitmap (BMP)
* <= 150KB in size
* <= 300x170 resolution

Got it? Good.

1. First create a USB connection between your PSP and PC.
2. Extract PSPersonalize_v1a-kxploit.zip to your memory stick under \PSP\GAME - this will create two directories, so you'll end up with:
1. PSP\GAME\PSPersonalize%
2. PSP\GAME\PSPersonalize
3. Rename your BMP's respectively
4. Copy the BMP's to the root directory of your memory stick(meaning the very first window you see on the stick not in any subfolders).If Windows recognizes your PSP as drive letter i: then copy the bitmap(s) to i:\

* Browse to the Game menu on your PSP
* Select PSPersonalize - disregard any "Corrupted Data" - it's nothing
* Boot PSPersonalize
* It will automatically detect the BMP's in the root directory. Press "O" to confirm the background change or press "X" to cancel
* You'll end up at a "finished..." screen. Press "Home" and return to the PSP menu
* You should see your background, depending which month you selected. If you don't try rebooting the PSP

You should get a background like this:

The source of this tuorial was psp-hacks.com

[center:5293b590c4][img]http://www.ps3forumz.com/images/Signatureps3forumz%20with%20slogan.gif[/img][/center:5293b590c4]
euro2low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005   #2
1337 Sauce
I thought I'd add a little tutorial on how to do it for a 2.0 psp.

On a v2.0 psp you can't do a 12 month changing background set up, but you can do cuztom backgrounds with any pictures you have on your psp, and switch them at any time, and you don't need pspersonalize.

What you need
-PSP
-USB cord (for psp) or memory stick reader for a pc
-Some kind of compatable picture that you have on your pc (eg. gif, jpeg)

Step 1
Get a picture and save it to your computer. Open it in a image editing program if you want to edit the size so it will fit the psp screen perfectly. You will need to crop and resize it so it is 272x480 HxW that is in pixels.

Step 2
Turn on your psp, and connect the usb cord from your pc to your psp. Enter usb mode on your psp.

Step 3
On your computer, open up to the folder you have your picture in, and copy it. then go into "My computer" and find a removable drive maybe drive g,e,etc. and open it up. You should find a folder in it that says psp (if not your in the wrong drive) open up the folder named "psp" and then you should see some other folders. If there isn't a folder called "photo" make one, and then just open it up and paste your picture in there.

Step 4
Unplug your psp from your pc, and go to the Image section, and find the image you want as the background. open up that image on your psp. Hit triangle, and find the button that says "set as wallpaper" Press X on that and it should set it as your wallpaper.

Step 5
Exit out of the image you are viewing and look at your new background.

Tips
Don't use white backgrounds, because it is hard to see the icons
Keep a bunch of background pictures saved on your psp for fast switching
Check out this site for tons of background over 10000 and growing www.pspwallpapers.com
Old 27-03-2007   #3
PCN Master
c oool
puggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007   #4
PCN Senior
so much reading my head hurts
Mr. 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007   #5
The Moderator
so is this for CFW and 1.5 PSP's only? I think you should mention that.