Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 19-11-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Rumor: PlayStation 3 may be getting Firefox

Well we are all familiar with the problems the PlayStation 3 browser can have but if the latest rumors are true, Sony and Mozilla might be working to bring the Firefox browser to the PlayStation 3. It would definitely be a welcome sight to replace the current browser.
Old 19-11-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
that would be a great improvement over the ****ty browser that the PS3 has now, I just got Firefox 3.5.5 and its definitely a lot smoother running than the PS3 browser which isn't saying much but Firefox will definitely be welcome on the PS3
hopefully this is true
Old 19-11-2009   #3
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
meh theres good and bad to this! yes we would be getting a good browser, but firefox has RAM issues and a habbit of trying to give itself as much ram as possible sometimes upto a 1gb!! so if they dont fix that on the ps3 there could be some serious ps3 failures lol! but in all seriousness im sure it will be all good :D
Old 19-11-2009   #4
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
I'd prefer safari! haha
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009   #5
PCN Master
Well the Mozilla foundation also has Fennec for mobile phones in beta so they know how to create a browser designed for platforms with limited resources so any PlayStation 3 browser might use technology from Fennec since it doesn't have the same kind of computing power as a normal everyday PC, they definitely can't just bring Firefox they way it is currently over to PlayStation 3.

Oh yes, Jordan, Safari is fine if you have a Mac but on Windows, Safari is terrible software, right up there with iTunes for Windows and Quicktime (luckily QuickTime Alternative exists), plus Apple is slow to patch security holes in Safari, at least Firefox is quick at it and you have the potential to patch it yourself if you wanted to plus they don't deny when there's a problem, or just quietly patch it up.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 19-11-2009 at 03:06 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009   #6
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
Well the Mozilla foundation also has Fennec for mobile phones in beta so they know how to create a browser designed for platforms with limited resources so any PlayStation 3 browser might use technology from Fennec since it doesn't have the same kind of computing power as a normal everyday PC, they definitely can't just bring Firefox they way it is currently over to PlayStation 3.

Oh yes, Jordan, Safari is fine if you have a Mac but on Windows, Safari is terrible software, right up there with iTunes for Windows and Quicktime (luckily QuickTime Alternative exists), plus Apple is slow to patch security holes in Safari, at least Firefox is quick at it and you have the potential to patch it yourself if you wanted to plus they don't deny when there's a problem, or just quietly patch it up.
Nah, I used to use safari on PC and it was much faster than firefox and internet explorer. Itunes is great for windows as well.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i was happy when i saw this earlier today and thought finally i will be able to everything and wont get the please use an updated browser to view this page or soemthing like that
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009   #8
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I think this has been debunked....Not going to happen according to Mozilla
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009   #9
1337 Sauce
Yep that is what I read this afternoon.
saxxon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009   #10
"The New Guy"
the ps3 browser does need a little improvement i guess.
PS3Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009   #11
PCN Master
No need to continue this thread, Mozilla already confirmed Firefox is not coming to the PlayStation 3, end of story.