Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 22-12-2007   #1
"The New Guy"
Looking at the PS3.

I was looking at getting a ps3 here in the near future.

Question for you experts. For the ones that have the smaller gig versions, Have any of you had problems playing the PS2 games? A girl here at work was told the the smaller versions weren't playing the PS2 games. I figured it was a sales scheme, because the HD shouldn't have anything to do with the palying ability, should it?

thanks
JJ
jjhearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007   #2
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
The 40GB PS3 can't play PS2 games at all; The 60GB and 20GB PS3 can play just about any PS2 games out of the box; The 80GB can play most PS2 games with a download.

Did that explain it?

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007   #3
"The New Guy"
UMM, I guess. BUT, WHY? Is there a post somewhere on here that I am missing explaining the reasoning behind this?

When you say you need a download for the 80gb in order to play PS2 games, is this a universal download, or a download per individual game?

thanks JJ
Old 23-12-2007   #4
The Moderator
If you want to play PS2 Games, keep your PS2, the 80Gb doesnt play them well, the 40Gb doesnt play them at all, and the 20Gb and 60Gb play all, but still not as well as a PS2.

Get the PS3 to play PS3 games.
Old 24-12-2007   #5
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
Zani is always blunt like that.

Why? I wish I knew myself. It seems like a firmware could enable the 40GB to play PS2 games, but i'm not that tech savy... The download for the 80GB is universal, you don't have to get a download for every game.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2007   #6
The Moderator
Its because everyone in the US has a 60Gb that works fine, and thinks the software emulation used by the 80Gb is good, but it isnt, because its the same as used in the EU 60Gb, and its crap.
Old 24-12-2007   #7
"The New Guy"
I am not worried about him being blunt. My kids play the PS2, so I may just stick with it until it runs down. If I have a PS3 that will play the 2 games, then great, if not, I will get a Slim PS2. I am going to wait for a good deal on 1 before I buy anyways. I don't have to have 1, just want 1.
Old 26-12-2007   #8
I own your soul! (Mod)
Yeah, Matt's pretty much coverted it, The PS3 has tonnes of features above the ps2 though, including, but not exclusive to playing ps3 games.
Old 29-12-2007   #9
1337 Sauce
The PS3 is an amazing movie player, media server, and Super Audio CD player too. However, the new 40 gig model does not include Super Audio CD playback as well as PS2 playback. I'm guessing your kids aren't interested in SACDs, but I threw that in there in case you are.
kingofgrills is offline   Reply With Quote