Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form
 



Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009   #1
PCN Master
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,527
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Netflix NOT on PS3 EVER

http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/11/x...rry/3#comments

apparently the PS3 is not able to stream netflix what i am reading is that M$ paid off Netflix for the exclusiveness of Nexflix. The real question is do you really care about Netflix at all? cuz personally i dont really that is that great for your console plus they dont have any of Sony pictures or their partners on there which are some pretty good movies
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #2
SuperStaff
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,118
PSN ID: soldierone
Thank goodness thats all i have to say. I was one person that honestly didnt want to see netflix on the PS3 at all and everytime it was brought up i was cheering against it.

I enjoy the service it has now and i dont want to pay a subscription fee for anything. All sony needs to do is lower the damn prices. 15 dollars for a download movie!? Why not just go to the store and get the actual copy for 12? Bluray for 20? They should be 9.99 at most, with rentals starting at 1 dollar a day. Yes 1 dollar, Redbox and other venders can do it for 1 dollar and they are making bank. 5 bucks to rent a movie for 24 hours is stupid, its 7 bucks for 7 days and no late fee's at blockbuster.

Bringing up another point, if sony teams up with ANYONE at all it better be BlockBuster. I loved their service, nothing against Netflix, but then my subscription can go towards in store rewards too.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #3
PCN Master
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,527
PSN ID: Dipchit02
there was talk or people saying that about blockbuster that since Microsoft got Netflix they shoudl get Blockbuster butidk that they will do either but the real question is would they stop putting stuff up on the PSN or put it up there less frequently if they did add Blockbuster or Netflix? cuz i think that would make alot more people mad and i really dont care if they have Netflix or not we have an internet browser aka FREE movies
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #4
SuperStaff
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,118
PSN ID: soldierone
Blockbuster would be huge for several reasons. 1 Its netflix number 1 competitor 2 its selection is more than likely twice the size of that netflix has, its been around alot longer 3 in store rewards (thus renting game rewards) and 4 Blockbuster is in a bit of trouble right now, Sony would be the bail out plan.

The internet browser brings up another good point. bring friggin hulu back!
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #5
PCN Master
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trenton, On
Posts: 1,805
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
honestly, I don't really care if we get netflix or not, because I'm not that big on watching movies, I'm happy with what we have now and I don't really want any extra costs to pay for, although I wouldn't mind being able to go on Facebook on your internet browser, but that probably wouldn't work anyways
__________________
Go Montreal Canadiens
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #6
"The New Guy"
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 20
I don't give a damn.It's not like you can not get Netflix on your PC and stream the videos tot he PS3 already.I download movies for free anyway and transfer them to my PS3.I'd rather that Sony continues to bring us great exclusives games (which is the reason for the consoles) than focusing on pointless features that add nothing to enhance your gaming experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r View Post
honestly, I don't really care if we get netflix or not, because I'm not that big on watching movies, I'm happy with what we have now and I don't really want any extra costs to pay for, although I wouldn't mind being able to go on Facebook on your internet browser, but that probably wouldn't work anyways
If you mean logging into Facebook via Ps3,you can do that.I did it before,but I just use my PC which is built for things like that.
DarthNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #7
PCN Master
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trenton, On
Posts: 1,805
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNemesis View Post
I don't give a damn.It's not like you can not get Netflix on your PC and stream the videos tot he PS3 already.I download movies for free anyway and transfer them to my PS3.I'd rather that Sony continues to bring us great exclusives games (which is the reason for the consoles) than focusing on pointless features that add nothing to enhance your gaming experience.


If you mean logging into Facebook via Ps3,you can do that.I did it before,but I just use my PC which is built for things like that.
I tried, but it didn't work, but that was a while ago, so I'll just try again, but I just use my PC as well usually
__________________
Go Montreal Canadiens
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #8
SuperStaff
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,118
PSN ID: soldierone
Facebook myspace and twitter all work on the PS3 browser. They also updated it so its ALOT faster now then it was a while ago plus it loads things correctly without running out of memory.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #9
PCN Master
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trenton, On
Posts: 1,805
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Facebook myspace and twitter all work on the PS3 browser. They also updated it so its ALOT faster now then it was a while ago plus it loads things correctly without running out of memory.
thanks Dustin; I'll try it later then
__________________
Go Montreal Canadiens
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009   #10
PCN Master
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,527
PSN ID: Dipchit02
yeah i just got on my facebook today because i didnt have my PC with me but i was on my PS3 and wanted to see if i had ne thing on facebook and it loaded pretty quick
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009   #11
SuperStaff
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,118
PSN ID: soldierone
Try Youtube. Its one site i noticed a big improvement on. It wont buffer for ages and it has full screen mode. Let alone it sounds really good on my speakers, not movie quality, but better than my PC.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009   #12
PCN Master
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trenton, On
Posts: 1,805
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
yeah i just got on my facebook today because i didnt have my PC with me but i was on my PS3 and wanted to see if i had ne thing on facebook and it loaded pretty quick
I'll try just to see some improvements then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Try Youtube. Its one site i noticed a big improvement on. It wont buffer for ages and it has full screen mode. Let alone it sounds really good on my speakers, not movie quality, but better than my PC.
I noticed a lot of improvements on there as well
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios