Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 20-05-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Insomniac going multiplatform

there has been some stuff floating around lately and has been for awhile now about Insomniac's next game (or the one from the NC studio) being a multiplatform game and coming out for the 360 as well and I am curious about what you guys think of this. I for one would be upset to see Insomniac go multiplatform but at the same time I would not blame them if they wanted to get their games out there more and try and get more sales but I do not know what kind of agreement they have with Sony at the moment. I have always respected Insomniac more for being so loyal to Sony even though they are an independent company and I think I would see it as a stab in the back if they started putting their games out for the 360 as well
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I am getting so sick and tired of this "speculation", Insomniac has never at any point stated they are going multi-platform and guess what, if they did we still get their games so what's the fuss. As long as their games are good and offer the same performance on either platform, why should we care if they also publish for the XBOX 360, I mean we don't enjoy games like Battlefield: Bad Company 2 less because it's also on 360, same would apply if Insomniac went multi-platform.

I've enjoyed every Insomniac game ever published, from Disruptor all the way through to Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time and if going multi-platform helps them expand/make better games then why would going multi-platform be a bad thing, if anything it can only make things better. To finish it off games are games, doesn't matter where else the games are published, as long as they are enjoyable to you, that's all that should matter.
Old 21-05-2010   #3
PCN Master
yeah but they are big in the PS community by giving their code for their games to other developers and I dont know if they can do that if they are doing stuff on both platforms and I would think that the graphical quality would drop for the games as most multiplatform games are not as good graphically as exclusives. Sure the games will probably still be fun to play but i am still skeptical about it and would prob lose a little respect for them
Old 21-05-2010   #4
Staff
I think their NC studio will be fully multiplat, and the normal studios will probably stay exclusive.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010   #5
Staff
PSN ID: Nikhil
This is so ridiculous. This rumor started about a month ago, and an Insomniac employee who posts on neogaf completely rebunked it. They like their arrangement with Sony, and don't want to change anything.

And if they went multiplatform, who would publish their games? Neither Sony or Microsoft would agree to publish a game appearing on another platform. They'd have to join a publisher, and we know they value their independence.
Nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010   #6
PCN Master
yeah you make a good point there Nikhil but i think if they truly wanted to go multiplatform they would just go with EA or Activision as a publisher kind of like Bungie did but they would definitely want the right to make the games that they want so it will be interesting to see what happens and i think if they are going to go multiplatform with the game coming out of NC we will hear about it from Microsoft at E3.

I also think that Shak has a good point about the NC doing the multiplat games and the California games being all Sony because that way they could still keep the relationship with Sony in tact because Sony is just in Santa Monica and Insomniac being in Burbank it would be easy for them to keep their relationship with Sony in one studio and produce multiplatform games in the other
Old 22-05-2010   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
this rumor comes and goes every couple weeks, if we dont hear anything during E3 put it to rest
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010   #8
PCN Master
yeah i would expect that if they are making a game that is going to be on the 360 as well Microsoft will definitely say something about it
Old 25-05-2010   #9
PCN Master
Call me shocked but it's actually true (as announced on the Insomniac Twitter feed moments ago):

Insomniac Games is excited to announce that we are working on a new IP, that will be published by EA Partners on Xbox 360 and PS3. #fb

So it turns out some predictions here weren't far off, with Infinity Ward and Insomniac now publishing games for them, EA is certainly improving their catalog of games. Still doesn't change the fact that as long as it's usual Insomniac quality, I'll be there day 1 to buy the game.
Old 25-05-2010   #10
PCN Master
yeah i just saw it as well i can say that i am a little disappointed but to each their own at least it is with EA and NOT Activision

but EA does not publish IW games Activision does

EDIT:

Link to Insomniac blog about the deal
http://www.insomniacgames.com/blogca...om_ted/1529690

Video from Ted Price
http://www.insomniacgames.com/blogca.../entry/1529692

Last edited by Dipchit02; 25-05-2010 at 11:16 AM..
Old 25-05-2010   #11
PCN Master
Fine the staff from Infinity Ward who have left and formed Respawn Entertainment which does have a publishing agreement with EA, I was typing fast to get it up there and forgot that detail as yes Infinity Ward still does exist as a studio, for now.
Old 25-05-2010   #12
PCN Master
o ok i didnt hear where the people from IW went after they got fired
Old 25-05-2010   #13
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
This comes as no surprise du to R&CF:ACiT not selling all that well and I do believe Insomniac complained that they felt Sony didn't hype it up as they should have. This news is somewhat disappointing but also a sign of the times for independent developers (they need to go mulitplat to sustain a future).

A side of me thinks this is a little slap in the face to Sony as well.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010   #14
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
easy come easy goes I suppose.

I think Insomniac would be a better fit on the Wii but thats just me.

Wonder what this is gonna mean for future titles in terms of specs/performance though...
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010   #15
PCN Master
they have said that their relationship with Sony will stay strong and Sony has released a statement saying the same thing. I really dont think that this will hurt the relationship with Insomniac and Sony.

EDIT:

Interview with G4 and Ted Price about the move

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...iplatform.html

Last edited by Dipchit02; 25-05-2010 at 12:18 PM..