Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion > Technical Support
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 27-11-2008   #1
"The New Guy"
PS3 controllers won't work!

I have the 60GB PS3 and last night while playing Bioshock, the battery died on the controller I had been using. So I unplugged my 2nd controller (which I always keep plugged in so it is charging) and started charging the dead controller. When I pushed the PS button on the second controller the lights started flashing and would not stop, so I continued to use the first controller while it was plugged into the usb port. This morning I was trying to charge the controllers but the lights only flash for a short time and then go out. The lights flash 8 times, pause, and then flash 9 times and a 10th quick flash (when plugged in with usb cable). I am assuming that means it is fully charged but I don't know. Neither controller will stay on or start the Playstation by pushing the PS button (which is usually how I turn on the system) when not connected with usb cable. When not connected with usb cable, I push the PS button the 4 lights flash 10 times quickly then stop. Both controllers work when they are plugged into the usb cable. I tried resetting one of the controllers by pushing the little button underneath but it seemed to do nothing. Help please.
jboughto70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008   #2
"The New Guy"
I finally got the controllers to work by manually turning on the system with the controller plugged into the usb, hitting the PS button to turn on the controller, unplug the usb cord, shut off the system by holding down the PS button, all steps done to both controllers individually. Now I can turn on and off the system using the controllers and I can get online, but my drive does not seem to be working for games or movies! I actually found it was not reading from the disc drive before I fixed the controller problem. The system version is 2.52 and I seem to be able to get to all my hd data but not to the cd's. I guess this will be a service issue, the system is only 1 yr 4 months old! So now another $150 to get a $500 machine to work! Man am I upset! Please help if you have any suggestions!
jboughto70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
For the controller thing, in future reference. All you have to do is get a small pin and there is a tiny hole on the back of the controller. Put it in there and hold it for 10 seconds or something, it should reset the controller completely. Then you have to take the controller and re register it to the ps3 by plugging it in to the usb.

As for the disc thing i think its the lens acting funny. You could try purchasing a lens cleaner, its a disc with solution on it and whipes the lens clean, but i dont know if it will work. I noticed my drive is having a hard time playing CD's. It plays movies and games fine, but when i put in a music cd it wont play it or rip it to the drive on occasions.

Its kinda lame you have to pay 150 bucks to fix something simple but it might be your last resort i dont know. Try what i told you and if that doesnt work maybe someone else had an idea pop in their head too.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009   #4
"The New Guy"
are you kidding me?! Go *** a *** one at ***-**** and take b*** the o*d one with the r*****t you got *r*m the st**e.

OOps, shouldn't have leaked that secret, gonna be harder to do this in a few months now!
fLoOn34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #5
"The New Guy"
All you have to do is get a small pin and there is a tiny hole on the back of the controller. Put it in there and hold it for 10 seconds or something, it should reset the controller completely. Then you have to take the controller and re register it to the ps3 by plugging it in to the usb.
Ps3-Reviewer3 is offline   Reply With Quote