Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 24-05-2009   #1
PCN Member
PSN ID: maf10s1
Anyone excited about MAG: Massive Action Game?

Personally I think there is going to be major lag with 256 players in one match. But I also find the concept of having 256 player matches quite interesting. I am still deciding if I'm going to buy it or not.
maf10s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
They can do it, remember when R2 announced to have the players it does? Everyone was saying "LAG!!!!" and the first day or so yeah it was bad and they got in some hot water. Now though if you jump in a match that gets filled, its the most fun thing in the world and it doesn't lag at all. Runs perfectly. It just took tweaking through the beta and first weeks of launch to get it down right.

MAG will be fine because they are preparing for this and they know they must do the same thing. First couple weeks we might have the Socom Confrontation problems, but they will be fixed and its going to be awesome.

I honestly cannot wait for this game at all, looks so badass. I went from looking forward to Heavy RAin to this.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009   #3
PCN Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
They can do it, remember when R2 announced to have the players it does? Everyone was saying "LAG!!!!" and the first day or so yeah it was bad and they got in some hot water. Now though if you jump in a match that gets filled, its the most fun thing in the world and it doesn't lag at all. Runs perfectly. It just took tweaking through the beta and first weeks of launch to get it down right.

MAG will be fine because they are preparing for this and they know they must do the same thing. First couple weeks we might have the Socom Confrontation problems, but they will be fixed and its going to be awesome.

I honestly cannot wait for this game at all, looks so badass. I went from looking forward to Heavy RAin to this.
I completely forgot about R2 when i wrote this, you're right they can do it. thanks

Last edited by maf10s1; 24-05-2009 at 10:41 PM..
Old 30-05-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
They are supposed to be using a new server structure especially for this game so it runs efficiently so I can't see why they can't do it. Resistance 2 does it well, this is the next step and this should be something worth checking out. Although I don't think it will be a immediate purchase as like Socom: Confrontation, if there's problems you basically have a game you can't play where Resistance 2 at least you could go through the single player campaign. Plus if anything Sony will have learned their lesson from Socom: Confrontation, if you take too long to fix problems, you turn people off the game and risk losing long time fans, I know I was one of those, I have still not purchased that game and most of my friends who bought it barely played it. But I digress.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #5
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Coheebria
nope. but mostly because this massive war simulations are not my thing
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i will definately at least give it a shot whether that means renting it or playing at a Plan n trade or what but i waqnt to give it a shot before i write it off because it is being made by Zipper the company that made SOCOM and i LOVE SOCOM so i have faith
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #7
SuperStaff
Another concept from what they talked about today. Not all 256 players will be in one general area. All the objectives are spread out and there are so many other things you could do that there is no point in just 200 people fighting.

Its cool that they also talked that its not ALL massive either, their will be smaller types of games and servers for you. Let alone the stat tracking anywhere is awesome, you can track servers and what not too.
Old 03-06-2009   #8
PCN Master
yea if i heard him correctly he said that the servers? woudl focus on the guys by you and not like on the other side of the map? idk i was kinda confused when he was talking aboutthe guys close to you but it looks decent but i know for a FACT that SOCOM has always had lag to it and that was made by Zipper so i dont know how they will do this
Old 03-06-2009   #9
PCN Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Another concept from what they talked about today. Not all 256 players will be in one general area. All the objectives are spread out and there are so many other things you could do that there is no point in just 200 people fighting.

Its cool that they also talked that its not ALL massive either, their will be smaller types of games and servers for you. Let alone the stat tracking anywhere is awesome, you can track servers and what not too.
Well that makes it sound better, maybe I'll give it a try after all.
Old 03-06-2009   #10
SuperStaff
DipChit i dont know if your talking about Socom Confrontation? Zipper made the PS2 socom games but have been working on MAG ever since the last one, they didnt make the PSP ones either, so dont let those tarnish their name haha.

Also yeah i heard it too, they focus the processing around the general area your in or where there are people gathering, instead of rendering the entire map for no reason.
Old 04-06-2009   #11
PCN Master
Dustin i am very much aware of who made each SOCOM it is my favorite franchise and i know that Slant Six made the new SOCOM and the PSP versions im just saying that Zipper or Slant Six there has been lag in SOCOM i mean it is actually less in Confrontation i think but that is just cuz of newer technology.

It seemed liked it was working well with the players that they had in it and they had full 256 maps but what i am wondering is how long will it take for your room to fill up i mean i know in 32 player maps that it took forever to fill up now what about 256?
Old 04-06-2009   #12
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
The idea is definitely ambitious and admirable but unless people actually obey their squad leader it will be a clusterf*ck
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #13
PCN Senior
All the press that have had hands on have said nothing but great things about this game, especially lag issues. The boys at gametrailers, gamespot and IGN that is... not the guys here at PCN so can we really trust that?

lol

However, they've only played the 40 man pre-beta build, so we'll have to see how they do on the 256 scale
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #14
PCN Master
they were playing the 256 battles on stage and stuff and it seemed pretty solid but eveything looks good when you are showing it off i want to see it in action but i have faith in Zipper and will give it a shot. but i am still skeptical