Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Nintendo Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 05-05-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
how many people liked the Nintendo 64?

The Nintendo 64 was the first game system I ever played and I loved it, so I thought I'd start a general discussion on it. What were your favourite games? What did u like / not like about it?

What were your favourite games on the 64?

Last edited by m0tl3sl4y3r; 10-05-2009 at 04:33 PM..
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #2
PCN Member
PSN ID: maf10s1
The N64 was also the first sytem I played. My favourite games were Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart, the only thing i didn't like about the N64 was; that there was no online.
maf10s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #3
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf10s1 View Post
The N64 was also the first sytem I played. My favourite games were Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart, the only thing i didn't like about the N64 was; that there was no online.
The N64 was the highlight of my life hahaha. Imagine what would happen if Final Fantasy VII was actually released for the N64 like it was planned to be.
The gaming scene would be so different than it is now.
But Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Bomberman, Donkey Kong..
So many of those games were just classic, based a lot on story, and quality.

Now we have games like Call of Doody. Woo hoo right? Wrong, games are going downhill big time.
:(
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #4
"The New Guy"
I was disappointed with the N64 after the great SNES.I started on the NES so you people who started on the 64 missed out on the best that Nintendo had to offer.My problems with the console other than they stuck with cartridges: There were not enough games and the console lacked enough original first party titles.Also the controller was poorly designed and conflicted with most type of games outside of shooters and games like Star Fox 64.Nintendo themselves did not support the console strongly after losing third party support.The worse thing about the console is probably the fact that Metroid was not made for it.It's much better than the mediocre Wii and not as good as the GameCube,but it started Nintendo's downfall and as a result I no longer support Nintendo.Star Fox 64,Golden Eye & Donkey Kong 64 where all great games though.
Quote:
Imagine what would happen if Final Fantasy VII was actually released for the N64 like it was planned to be.
I doubt anything would be different because Sony made FF a world wide franchise and the previous FF games didn't sell well outside of Japan.Also FFVII was supposed to be on the [Ultra] 64 which was CD based,but Nintendo instead canceled the project and stuck with cartridges which led to FFVII being on the PSX which could run FMV.

Last edited by DarthNemesis; 10-05-2009 at 11:26 PM..
DarthNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
My first consoles, and favorite as a kid, was a Sega Genesis and from that i jumped over the N64 into PlayStation 1. The thing is, i never had an N64 and being a kid i was always wanting what i didnt have, so i finally got one alongside the PS1. Its a great, great, system and I enjoyed it alot, didn't "love" it but enjoyed it.

Bad Fur Day, Goldeneye, Smash Bros, etc...GREAT GAMES and fun when your a kid. My absolute favorite was Zelda Ocrana of time.

The system just couldnt keep up with times like PlayStation though so i dumped it, but i still go back and play CLASSICS now and then, we dont get much of that anymore. I kinda miss when games were purely made to be FUN. Thats why these games last so long till this day, cus they focused on fun, not who has the best graphics or amazing new technology. Just look at MGS, that series will be around for ever because it focuses on a story. I think new developers can learn alot from the N64 and PS1 days, just because they didnt have a whole lot to work with back then.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #6
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Bad Fur Day, Goldeneye, Smash Bros, etc...GREAT GAMES and fun when your a kid. My absolute favorite was Zelda Ocrana of time.

The system just couldnt keep up with times like PlayStation though so i dumped it, but i still go back and play CLASSICS now and then, we dont get much of that anymore. I kinda miss when games were purely made to be FUN. Thats why these games last so long till this day, cus they focused on fun, not who has the best graphics or amazing new technology. Just look at MGS, that series will be around for ever because it focuses on a story. I think new developers can learn alot from the N64 and PS1 days, just because they didnt have a whole lot to work with back then.
Agreed, this is the reason for the decline of game quality in my opinion.
Old 14-05-2009   #7
PCN Master
Quote:
My first consoles, and favorite as a kid, was a Sega Genesis and from that i jumped over the N64 into PlayStation 1. The thing is, i never had an N64 and being a kid i was always wanting what i didnt have, so i finally got one alongside the PS1. Its a great, great, system and I enjoyed it alot, didn't "love" it but enjoyed it.

Yeah the Nintendo 64 did have a lot of classics
Old 08-06-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i like the N64 never owned one but had a good time playing Smash and Mario party with my friends but prob my fav game was Starfox
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #9
Staff
I actually started playing Majora's Mask a day ago. The game is absolutely amazing.
Not amazing as Ocarina of Time of course, but I beat OoT a few months ago after getting everything I possibly could have, so I thought it was time to move onto the sequel again. ;)
It's harder than I remember lol
Old 09-06-2009   #10
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
the only Zelda that i actually played was for the Gameboy and it was pretty fun just never really owned a Nintendo console
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009   #11
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
the only Zelda that i actually played was for the Gameboy and it was pretty fun just never really owned a Nintendo console
forgive me for this but sadly, I've only played one on an older Nintendo system like on NES OR SNES can't remember which 1 but it was older one for sure
Old 15-06-2009   #12
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well for me, I only had a NES and a Gameboy Colour so I pretty much skipped everything Nintendo released for the 64 although I did have one friend who owned one and I played it a few times but I just couldn't get into it, Diddy Kong Racing and everything else just felt inferior to the first console I ever bought, the PlayStation 1 which pretty much sealed my fate as a Sony exclusive person although I did consider a Game Boy Micro but after buying it and trying it for just an hour it went straight back since it couldn't play Game Boy Colour games which was important to me back then as I had over 15 games (although 4 of those were Pokemon) and Nintendo never saw another gaming $ from me. Did I miss out on anything, other than Goldeneye I never saw much on the N64 that seemed good, I never was a fan of Mario, Zelda or any of the other major Nintendo series and cartridges really killed anything expansive. If Nintendo hadn't used cartridges, they probably would have done much better that generation and possibly the console wars could have turned out much differently.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #13
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: AuFordFalcon
I didn't , I got me a Psone instead. I got over the whole mario thing after the snes.
Old 08-09-2009   #14
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Hogert
oh I loved...and still do love the 64. Golden eye is a legend, mario went 3d and 1080 was awesome too. Amoungst tons of other great games.

I am thinking about buying a wii as well
Jahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #15
PCN Member
PSN ID: Riarwe
I liked the N64, played through the Zelda games on it and loved them. Only games I played through though on the N64, never got around to finish the others like Mario and Goldeneye.
Riarwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #16
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I never actually played Goldeneye lol. I have it but the only thing i ever did was screw around with multiplayer. Zelda is just awesome though, the one game i wish wasnt nintendo exclusive.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #17
Staff
I actually had a PS1 back then, but I did get a chance to play some N64 games. My favorites were Banjo Kazooie, and Banjo Tooie and also Goldeneye was awesome. Also the Zelda's were really good, Mario 64 was ok, but I always get bored of it, because I hate the characters for some reason.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #18
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonzie View Post
The N64 was the highlight of my life hahaha. Imagine what would happen if Final Fantasy VII was actually released for the N64 like it was planned to be.
The gaming scene would be so different than it is now.
But Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Bomberman, Donkey Kong..
So many of those games were just classic, based a lot on story, and quality.

Now we have games like Call of Doody. Woo hoo right? Wrong, games are going downhill big time.
I must agree with u Tonzie,the gaming scene was way different then, sure u can play with your friends online but its not the same as playing splitscreen with them, the N64 had some classics, sure there are some good games this gen but they're nowhere near "classic"
Quote:
I never actually played Goldeneye lol. I have it but the only thing i ever did was screw around with multiplayer. Zelda is just awesome though, the one game i wish wasnt nintendo exclusive.
thats what I did with Goldeneye mostly, just screwed around with multiplayer
Old 03-11-2009   #19
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Reyshaun
Goldeneye's multiplayer was fun XD... I anybody liked the south park game for N64?
RTD31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #20
PCN Master
didn't even know there was one