Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 19-06-2009   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Xbox 360 RAM vs PS3 RAM

Enlight of the Ghostbuster Development claim that the "360 has more RAM' I figured to ask our community to shed some light on the subject. Who here knows anything about RAM specifically the RAM for the 360 and PS3?
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009   #2
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Well from what I've heard the 360 has 512 mb of ram and the ps3 has 2 256 mb, so it's basically the same thing. This could be off though. RAM hardly matters in consoles as they're not running multiple programs at once.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009   #3
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
well the 360 ram is shared between the cpu and gpu while the ps3 has seperate ram for both with the Gpu able to access cpu ram if needed. the ps3 has the better setup in my opinion
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I believe it is the PlayStation 3 has 256mb of system RAM and 256mb of video card memory where the 360 has 512mb shared between the CPU and GPU so they are the same in sense but developers can alter the balance of RAM usage in the 360 where the PS3 is fixed. But then again the Cell can also take care of graphics processing so what the Ghostbusters team is saying is a load of ****. They just couldn't be bothered to code the game properly to take advantage of what the Cell offers along with dedicated GPU RAM. Besides, plenty of PS3 games have much better graphics than what Ghostbusters have offered up with the so called less "RAM".
Old 19-06-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Look at what KZ2 did, the numbers may look worse on paper but as a whole, offloading
some graphical functions to the spu's in conjunction with what they have can produce
visuals superior to the 360
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
yea i really don thtink it really matters that much they both have 512 either way you look at it
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009   #7
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
yea i really don thtink it really matters that much they both have 512 either way you look at it
Yep, you are right it doesnt matter

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009   #8
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
PAying attention to all the third party complaints you start to notice a trend. Do you ever notice that first parties, or when a third party does somethin exclusive, they always talk about how great the CELL is for having multiple things o nscreen or doing this or that.

Then third parties sit there and complain "PS3 has no RAM!!!"...Makes no sense to me.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote