Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Off Topic
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 21-07-2009   #1
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
The Uncharted movie

Instead of high jacking the other topic i thought id start my own lol.

Its being made now and some of us are afraid that mathew will play Drake. Well i was thinking why not some of the people that were actually in the game? They had actual actors for mocap and acting out the cutscenes, why no in the movie?

Last edited by Dustin S.; 21-07-2009 at 03:29 AM..
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
It'll never happen because hollywood is superficial, they will find someone with a horse steroid physique to star opposite of some skank.

I am really expecting them to make this as bad as the tomb raider movies, I think the story of the first game doesnt translate well to the big screen and may best be left in development hell
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
The first one reminds me of national treasure, its somewhat possible transition. But we know they will screw with it. The thing i hate about hollywood is when people make it big they think all their decisions are right, when its not.

Having Jolie play tomb raider was stupid, i love megan fox but she isnt suited for the roll either. Its alot more than just looking good for that roll. Same with uncharted, there is alot more then what you see that most big wigs wont bother to pay attention to. Instead they open their hollywood book on how to get people to watch and use that. Thus we get alot of visuals and crappy everything else, i hate that so much. There is so much fine detail elsewhere to make a good movie that visuals could absolutely suck and it will still be good.

Clerks ? I just watched The Boy is Striped Pajamas, it was the best movie i watched this year. It wasnt "accepted" here big time because it didnt follow the hollywood "rules". All im saying is i hope uncharted doesnt get ruined because hollywood is becoming blind.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009   #4
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
The first one reminds me of national treasure, its somewhat possible transition. But we know they will screw with it. The thing i hate about hollywood is when people make it big they think all their decisions are right, when its not.

Having Jolie play tomb raider was stupid, i love megan fox but she isnt suited for the roll either. Its alot more than just looking good for that roll. Same with uncharted, there is alot more then what you see that most big wigs wont bother to pay attention to. Instead they open their hollywood book on how to get people to watch and use that. Thus we get alot of visuals and crappy everything else, i hate that so much. There is so much fine detail elsewhere to make a good movie that visuals could absolutely suck and it will still be good.

Clerks ? I just watched The Boy is Striped Pajamas, it was the best movie i watched this year. It wasnt "accepted" here big time because it didnt follow the hollywood "rules". All im saying is i hope uncharted doesnt get ruined because hollywood is becoming blind.
I remember reading The Boy in Striped Pajamas a few years ago, so I'll definitely have to give that a watch...

I would really, really like Nolan North (voice of Drake) to play Drake in the film. I saw an interview with him recently, and he's so much more humble and much less pretentious than any of the Hollywood idiots that they'll inevitably hire to play Drake. *sigh*

Speaking of which, looking at his IMDB credentials, Nolan North seems to be in pretty much every video game I like: Prince of Persia, inFamous, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed and MGS4!
Old 08-08-2009   #5
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
Yea i wanted Nolan to play him too but hollywood probably wont let it happen sometimes they are just real idiots

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote