Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 20-04-2010   #1
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Firedshot
Do you feel ripped off?

Every year in sports games there's a new season with new sponsors, Team kits and players. With this means that most sports games need to be updated to stay with the all the latest going on in the sports.

Does all this mean you have to pay $50-60 a year to have the new Madden, Nascar, Fifa, NHL etc etc... when in this day and age of DLC you could have a core copy of a game and every year you could simply pay $10-$20 for that seasons team and kits I'm sure the creators would still turn a nice profit!

Do the price tags of these new games actually show that your not just buying the same game as the year before. I have brought Fifa08, 09 & 10 and accept for some tiny difference's these games are identical and to be honest I'm fed up.

I know what a lot of people will think, ?stop complaining just don't buy the games?. Like everyone I to like the latest teams and kits to keep with the realism of said sports.

So with this in mind I've started this poll to get a general feel for what people think on this and provided enough feedback I'll forward the findings to EA to see what response they give which maybe none!
Old 20-04-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
it can get kinda annoying when you spend like $50-60 on a new game only for it to become outdated a year later.
and I will agree, it would be so much better just to release the new teams and kits as DLC instead of making people buy completely new games but I guess the devs wanna make as much money as possible, after all, that's what they're in business for
Old 20-04-2010   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
The forums have a built in polling function, it wasn't necessary or advisable to need forum members to go to an external link that is simply a forum offering exactly the same as what you can do here (that be definition is spam/advertising for another website). As such I advise you create a poll here, it can be done after the thread is created otherwise the admins/mods can and probably will do it (or simply edit your post to remove the link) for you with possible consequences for them needing to do so.

That being said, I have actually said the same thing several times on the forums when sports games comes up and so have many others but EA and 2K don't seem too interested, otherwise why would they still be publishing games instead of DLC, plus polls not run by themselves are generally not well considered as they can be influenced by people spamming the vote.
Old 20-04-2010   #4
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Firedshot
True if they want to start the poll here then there welcome to there probley have more succes with it than that other site. Thought it would be a great idea to post it on a site thats not my clan site because then that would look bad!

I also started the same thread on the UK and US Playstation forums and thought maybe that would be the best way of getting some good poll results although having to register on another site is a pain in the butt!

I really do feel that the consumers need to stand up and tell big companies like EA that if you want are money then adleast try to earn it!