Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation Network
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 16-07-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Is PSN closing gap on LIVE?

http://www.2old2play.com/modules.php...ticle&sid=1823

just wondering what your thoughts are on the differences between the PSN and Xbox LIVE. to me there isnt much of a difference other than like cross game chat and stuff
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009   #2
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: LewisN007
the gap is definetly closing, as a 360 hater, i'll admit it is ahead, but ps3 i like much more if im honest, and you can cross game chat on ps3 you just start a text/voice chatroom :P if thats what you mean.. but yeah anyway ps3 is definetly closing the gap, its free, more people are using it, id maybe up the friendlist thing though. but its just as good to use in my opinion as well.
Old 16-07-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
It's definitely closed the gap, I mean with the universal text chat system, we pretty much closed up everything Live had over us and we don't have a huge amount of 9 year olds who constantly trash talk and are just plain annoying.
Old 16-07-2009   #4
PCN Member
PSN ID: Az1zam
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
It's definitely closed the gap, I mean with the universal text chat system, we pretty much closed up everything Live had over us and we don't have a huge amount of 9 year olds who constantly trash talk and are just plain annoying.
That's why Playstation 3 is more expensive than Xbox 360, so people with jobs can afford the Playstation 3, and just to make sure Sony didn't add microphones either.

Haha, just kiddin', just a joke I heard somewhere.

But I wish I could send Voice Messages and chat while playing Online through the PSN system. I also want my Home character - or some sort of a new avatar, perhaps put your own uploaded images - as a profile picture and not those already chosen avatars by whoever is in charge of those.
Az1zam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009   #5
PCN Master
lol i like that one Az1zam but yea i agree it woudl be nice to send voice messages i dont know how often i would use it but it would be nice just to have
Old 16-07-2009   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Doesnt please me to say it but I think we still have a way to go, the recent battlefield 1943 competition highlighted how active the 360 guys are
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
They also had 10 million more users, a day's headstart and by the time the 360 was halfway through the motivation to keep going on the PS3 was probably crushed hence why we kept losing ground the further the 360 got to the goal, only one of my friends even bought the game during the competition and since then one more purchased it.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 17-07-2009 at 12:55 AM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009   #8
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
If for some odd reason i happened to buy a 360, i still wouldnt pay for Live. Im sure im not the only person that would own it and never pay for Live too. While PS3 all you have to do and activate it and get going. No fee's no worries, no nothing just login and start getting demos or playing online. For that reason, PS3 will have a higher percentage of PS3 users playing on PSN compared to 360 users playing on Live in the long run.

Also i think the two are very differnt social groups. I mean Live people are hardcore, look at the battlefield thing. Most people on PSN were not even trying for it, they were just playing the game or didnt even bother to buy it so fast. They still do it too, instead of taking the kill they go for the flag. To me PSN people just seem more relaxed and have fun playing. I played Halo on Live and all i got was a bunch of whiny people cus EVERYONE has a mic and doesnt know how to use it, mixed in with some decent players that were fun to talk to. At least with PS3 if you WANT to talk you buy a mic, your not just given one and i hardly run into whiny brats in Resistance.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009   #9
SuperStaff
If for some odd reason i happened to buy a 360, i still wouldnt pay for Live. Im sure im not the only person that would own it and never pay for Live too. While PS3 all you have to do and activate it and get going. No fee's no worries, no nothing just login and start getting demos or playing online. For that reason, PS3 will have a higher percentage of PS3 users playing on PSN compared to 360 users playing on Live in the long run.

Also i think the two are very differnt social groups. I mean Live people are hardcore, look at the battlefield thing. Most people on PSN were not even trying for it, they were just playing the game or didnt even bother to buy it so fast. They still do it too, instead of taking the kill they go for the flag. To me PSN people just seem more relaxed and have fun playing. I played Halo on Live and all i got was a bunch of whiny people cus EVERYONE has a mic and doesnt know how to use it, mixed in with some decent players that were fun to talk to. At least with PS3 if you WANT to talk you buy a mic, your not just given one and i hardly run into whiny brats in Resistance.
Old 17-07-2009   #10
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
They also had 10 million more users, a day's headstart and by the time the 360 was halfway through the motivation to keep going on the PS3 was probably crushed hence why we kept losing ground the further the 360 got to the goal, only one of my friends even bought the game during the competition and since then one more purchased it.

Yeh no doubt they have more users, I remember there was an article floating around saying there are about 28 million PSN accounts or something, this kinda sheds light on the rift that actually exists despite the stats.

I think its the mindset of the users as well, someone paying for live probably has a bigger appetite for online gaming and I have to believe is more likely to be prone to online purchases
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009   #11
PCN Member
PSN ID: Az1zam
I know if I would pay for Live, then I would want most experience out of my money. I want to spend more time at it, that's why I would not be so relaxed and angry if I got sniped by a camper in Call of Duty 4.

Although, I like the good parties in any Xbox game, where people can use their microphones and you can enjoy the chatting, making a whole another different experience. Besides, I've seen annoying people on PSN, people who flip in Call of Duty 4, but I wouldn't deny that there are more of those guys on XBL.
Az1zam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009   #12
SuperStaff
Its just there are people like me that dont really care about talking to some people. If my friends are in the game or something yeah ill talk, if there is a cool guy that is helping strategize or just being cool to talk to about the game or something then yeah ill talk. Just randomly talking to people that just want to talk is annoying. Then having them talk through the speakers because some games dont know mute buttosn exist sucks too.

When playing Halo all i was hearing is random people cursing trying to get attention or saying something stupid at every lobby screen. Am i saying PSN is not like that no, but the people that have no want to talk and just want to play never go buy mics. Thats fine with me because i get online to play not talk, most team based games offer in game commands anyways. Thats also triggers the idiots to shut up if no one responds becuase more than likely no one has mics to talk back, even if people with mics (like me) just ignore them through the lobby.

I also agree that if your paying to play live your going to want more out of it. If im constintly getting spawned pawnt in my game and the experience sucks then id be mad and be doing everything i could to fight back before my subscription is up, milk every second. Where as PSN its always there, if i play today cool, if i dont oh well it will always be there and im not paying for the service so im not losing out on money.
Old 17-07-2009   #13
PCN Master
yea i never liked the idea of paying to play online i mean i always thought it was dumb during the first Xbox but either way i am much happier with playing for free and not worrying about getting my moneys worth
Old 20-07-2009   #14
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
yea i never liked the idea of paying to play online i mean i always thought it was dumb during the first Xbox but either way i am much happier with playing for free and not worrying about getting my moneys worth
pretty much the same way I felt about Live and thats why I went with the PS2 and eventually the PS3