Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion > Technical Support
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 20-07-2007   #1
1337 Sauce
Problems with Pelican PS2 to PS3 Adapter

Do any of you have Pelican's PS2 to PS3 controller adapter? I have a set of them, and unfortunately, I cannot get them to work with my Soul Calibur II Universal Arcade Sticks by Nuby.

They are supposed to be compatible with all PS2 controllers, including arcade sticks and even Guitar Hero I and II controllers. I can get them to work with a stock PS2 DualShock controller, but they do not respond to the arcade sticks. The adapter detects when the sticks are attached by lighting up and assigning a controller slot, but the sticks will not respond at all.

Have any of you run into this issue before or know how to solve it? I don't want to part with my Soul Calibur sticks, and want to get them working. I was really planning on using the sticks for Virtua Fighter 5, so this is a major disappointment. If anyone can assist me with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
kingofgrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007   #2
The Moderator
Have your pressed the analouge button? The controller has to have the analogue activated to work.
Old 22-07-2007   #3
1337 Sauce
Crap. My arcade sticks do not have an analog button at all since they're 8 way digital input. Do many arcade sticks have analog inputs? I've never noticed any before.
Old 22-07-2007   #4
The Moderator
Nope, thats why Hori released Bluetooth versions.
Old 25-07-2007   #5
1337 Sauce
Bluetooth? I thought the Hori stick was wired. Is it really wireless?
Old 26-07-2007   #6
1337 Sauce
check out the playstationnationpodcast.com they talked about the adapter a few episodes back.

it worked with every controller they tested, might want to call up pelican and get it exchanged, they are very good about that sort of stuff.
nabokovfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2007   #7
The Moderator
yep, the PS3 Hori stick was wireless

Also, the adaptor CAN NOT work with a controller without an analouge button.
Old 07-09-2007   #8
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattZani View Post
yep, the PS3 Hori stick was wireless

Also, the adaptor CAN NOT work with a controller without an analouge button.
UM NO its wired with a 10 ft cord. like i said give that show a listen its around show 5 just hit up the one with the vf5 review.

the reason those adapters should work is because the ps button is on the adapter. try using the controller to get to the game then switching. there was a listener who tried all of his sticks and the ALL worked fine. if you want me to ask about it go to that website i posted and hit up the forums. the guys name is savory cade and the host is torgo who has the hori stick.
nabokovfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote