Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 23-02-2008   #1
"The New Guy"
Home

Washington - News has been rolling out about the possible release of the in-game XMB for the PS3, as well as the PlayStation Home Beta, which is receiving a huge update next week as it nears release.

The PlayStation Home Beta is receiving some new major changes in the update, as the service nears closer and closer to release on the next-gen Sony PS3.

The first big change has to do with the new user interface. Major changes are being made as the new interface has been dubbed the Home Chip System.

The new UI improves clarity of text messages as wella s icons and other factors.

Those on your friends list will also now have status tags linked to them to show you if they are available away, etc.

The graphics engine is also getting a huge overhaul with 1080p coming back finally.

There will be far improved details with lighting, colors, and more. Better frame rates are also promised.

Other updates include a new wardrobe system, which allows you to change clothes and such from pretty much anywhere, and save clothing set-ups. You can also now shop in the marketplace.

A new Home Space has also been added for players to test out.

Improvements have also been made to game launching, streaming video, sound effects, and more.

It is clear that with this absolutely huge update, PlayStation Home is as close as ever to launching on the PS3.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008   #2
The Moderator
I want LittleBigPlanet so much more than Home.
Old 25-02-2008   #3
PCN Addict
I want home. I really need to get a wireless router though...

Snails will have NITROUS someday...
PS3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008   #4
The Moderator
Why? Ethernet is so much faster!
Old 25-02-2008   #5
PCN Addict
Where can i get Ethernet?

Old 26-02-2008   #6
I own your soul! (Mod)
Ethernet just means a hard wired connection.
Old 26-02-2008   #7
PCN Addict
Ok. got it. now i'm going to get my ps3 started...

Old 02-09-2008   #8
PCN Member
good luck
sky_skyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008   #9
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Kaiboy12
This looks pretty cool. I wish I was in the beta!
Kaiboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008   #10
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Panzerdemon
They are talking about public beta opening soon kaiboy so keep an eye out of course just check in here cause if the public beta comes out you'll be sure me or someone else will throw the news out there so we can get on and check out home :D
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008   #11
1337 Sauce
Yeah, that's good news. I think that it would be awesome if they released the whole thing on Christmas, because, 1, it's the end of the year, and 2, it's a Thursday.
Old 16-11-2008   #12
1337 Sauce
Home is supposed to release on the 19th so that is 3 days hopefully it is at least the beta or the whole thing it is unknown yet but as far from now i am tagging this as a rumor since i have no solid evidence but ill be sure to come on and post if home def shows up :P
Old 16-11-2008   #13
1337 Sauce
But the 19th is a WED. Wouldn't they most likely release on a Thursday? I hope it is true though, but the NXE is coming out on the 19th too.
Old 16-11-2008   #14
1337 Sauce
that's why it would be a good business move for Sony to one up the NXE what does NXE even stand for? and why are you obsessed with Thursday release dates?
Old 16-11-2008   #15
1337 Sauce
NXE is New Xbox Experience. I think it will be Thursday because that is when the PS Store updates.
Old 17-11-2008   #16
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Ive heard rumors about the 19th release date but i think it was seriously just some fanboy going "oh yeah your new xbox thing is coming out well so is our HOME" haha

Sony is turning into the computer companies. You know how they always "promise" a game or update or something and it ends up coming out way way way later. HOME probably wont be released anytime soon lol. One problem i have with the beta is you should be aloud to invite friends, the reason i say this is because the game would then be tested correctly. Its all about connecting with friends in a whole new way and when you dont have friends in that HOME world the "game" becomes boring and your not doing what it was meant for.

Invite friends, those friends form groups, and those groups do bigger things.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2008   #17
"The New Guy"
I still can't figure out what the attraction to Home is all about. LittleBigPlanet is a much more exciting project.
ZachLott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2008   #18
1337 Sauce
Home is just gonna be a between game place to hang out when your bored go check out something maybe you'll get into it maybe you wont that your decision.
Old 17-11-2008   #19
1337 Sauce
I really want Home to come out as soon as possible, even if it's not that great. I just really want to try it out.