Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Off Topic
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 21-07-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Gamestaq, the anti gamestop?

Just ran across a new up and coming web service called Gamestaq, they buy and sell used games and are offering some great buy back values on products.

Done with infamous? Trade it in for $33, or buy a used copy for $35.

They also have some new titles on the cheap, Ghostbusters and Call of Juarez is going for $35 and Red Faction for $25

I still recommend supporting developers if you can afford a new copy, but if you are hard up for cash these guys seem to currently have a leg up on gamestop, minus the retail locations.

http://www.gamestaq.com

Last edited by SaintAvi; 21-07-2009 at 11:58 PM..
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Doubt it will help out Canadians or anyone living outside the United States as the $1.50 for shipping I'm sure won't allow for anything outside the U.S (Couldn't find anything on their website about country to country) but still a nice concept, although if I was going to sell a game I would still stick to local, it's a lot easier (not EB Games/GameStop) and I'm getting it as cash, not just credit on PayPal, plus some local stores around here offer the same amount of cash as GameStaq is.
Old 21-07-2009   #3
PCN Master
I'll update you guys on my experience with them, I have taken the plunge on finally trying Call of Duty 4 because it was only 25 buckaroos, game of the year edition to
Old 22-07-2009   #4
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Its just using paypal so you can still transfer from paypal to bank i hope, if so thats not bad trade values. I think Goozex still offers the best buyback value for your game though, but your stuck within their service.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009   #5
PCN Master
just looked at goozex, can you give a rough conversion between dollars to points
Old 22-07-2009   #6
SuperStaff
100 points costs 5 bucks to buy right from Goozex, 1000 points cost 50 bucks. Every new game stays at 1000 for 3 months, they drop to 900 and go lower depending on how the price of the game is or how in demand it it is.

Most games range form 500 to 800 points. If you keep trading the system works farely well. I think im gonna use this new service and try to trade in a game, not sure yet.
Old 22-07-2009   #7
PCN Master
Selection is a bit small right now but from the conversion rate you given me, gamestaq can save you a couple bucks with what they currently have.

I'll cover what the buying process was like and you fill everyone else in on selling then?
Old 22-07-2009   #8
SuperStaff
Yeah im gonna try to list it. Was reading how it works, it works exactly like goozex just no point system in the middle.

Edit: K got done selling it, now i gotta mail it out tomorrow to see what happens. Free shipping thats nice!

Last edited by Dustin S.; 22-07-2009 at 01:10 AM..
Old 22-07-2009   #9
SuperStaff
Sorry for the double post

So far i can tell that their customer service is A+. Sent in a thing requesting to fix some glitches and they replied within a few hours, then sent another email to ensure it was alright. They said i should be recieving payment today for the transaction but ive yet to see anything though...
Old 23-07-2009   #10
PCN Master
Out of curiosity, what game did you trade in?
Old 25-07-2009   #11
PCN Master
As promised.

I am going to give Gamestaq my approval and recommend the service to anyone looking for games. The game looked like it was just removed from the shrink wrap and then mailed out to me, the case was perfect and not cracked,bent or covered in any kinda goop.

The disc itself was pristine and legitimately had no scratches on it, it booted up without a problem.

And yes the instruction book was included.

I realize with used games you cant always say the experience will always be A B or C but I would and will shop with gamestaq again in the future, their prices are great and really put other online retailers to shame from what I've seen, the turnaround time between placing and getting my game was impressive ( it took only 2 days ) , and the game itself arrived looking brand new.

Final Verdict: If shopping online, make Gamestaq.com one of your first stops.
Old 25-07-2009   #12
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
The only thing with that copy is because it's used, I'm assuming the code for the map pack is missing or already used (the whole reason why it's the Game of The Year edition) so then you still need to go out and buy them later, learned this the hard way with Rock Band 2 (I ended up fighting with EA over 8 e-mails and bad feedback through their support website just to get 20 free songs of bands that should have just been released on the PlayStation Store for free, I mean it's exposure for them). Still though sounds like something that is well worth the time and could be a good choice for a lot of people looking to sell games and if the game includes no bonuses in the first place then it's absolutely perfect, if it does well depending on the game price it might still be worth it, just depends on prices elsewhere.
Old 25-07-2009   #13
1337 Sauce
So are you enjoying COD, SaintAvi?
Old 25-07-2009   #14
PCN Master
I popped it in just to see if its working and havent gotten to play it so far, I want to finish Okami before I touch it
Old 25-07-2009   #15
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvi View Post
I popped it in just to see if its working and havent gotten to play it so far, I want to finish Okami before I touch it
I heard you talk about Okami so much that I looked into it and it's probably going to be my next purchase. For this I thank you.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2009   #16
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I heard you talk about Okami so much that I looked into it and it's probably going to be my next purchase. For this I thank you.
Same - I'll probably check Okami out, too.

However, I don't think COD and Okami could be more different.
Old 26-07-2009   #17
PCN Master
It's probably in the top 5 games for the system but sold horrendously, I would pick up a copy asap as it is going for cheap these days.

You will enjoy it and really be surprised by just how well it visually stacks up with current gen PS3/360 titles.

Any news on your deal with them Dustin?
Old 29-07-2009   #18
SuperStaff
Sorry was outta town for the past week, forums dont let me login from my phone. Was Call of Juarez and their service is absolutely amazing!

Let me start by saying i have tried the trade in service at Amazon and it sucked. For one their trade in prices suck, completely suck if you compare it to gamestaq. Then they dont pay you until they recieve the game, even then they can refuse your trade and ship it back for various reasons and your screwed for whatever you paid to ship.

Gamestaq is like the complete opposite. they paid me within 24 hours of me saying ill ship it, their customer service even emailed me saying it will be paid within a few hours etc...I shipped it away and Ive had no issues with them "not accepting" it at all. The cool part is there really is no middle man, all they do is charge a 2 dollar fee on your game. So in part if a game is selling used for 35 dollars, your trade in value is 33. Wonder why Gamestop never thought of that....Also the awesome thing is shipping is completely free!

Of course they will be checking the game and if you sent a complete crap copy of the game thats damaged and doesnt work, they will easily just take back their payment.

Dont think you guys really need pics lol, just a package with gamestaqs address on it. I easily recomend anyone that wants to trade games use them, even buy used games use them. Completely blows gamestop out of the water.

For me ill be switching back and forth between Goozex and Gamestaq. Ill check to see which has the better offer at the time and use whatever. Both are PHENOMINAL services and I personally no longer need Gamestop at all.
Old 30-07-2009   #19
PCN Master
So, from our 2 experiences at opposite ends of the consumer spectrum, Gamestaq passes with flying colors

Vote with your money and help these guys grow
Old 30-07-2009   #20
"The New Guy"
Thanks for the info on these two services. I had really started to hate my local gamestop and don't think I'll be shopping with them anytime soon. My kids have been wanting Ghostbusters and at the price gamestaq has it maybe I will be able to get it for them soon.
Thanks for the info again guys.
tkt9900 is offline   Reply With Quote